New Trail/AM bike

13»

Comments

• YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    An Fsr, well so it is, I hadn't spotted that pivot near the rear hub - my assumptions meant I wasn't even looking for it!

as for Marin's naming system... Seriously, how strong is that stuff they're smoking in Cali? They don't seem to remember what bikes they make, from one year to the next :lol:
  • ej2320
    ej2320 Posts: 1,543
    Not sure about the hubs on the Whyte though.., they seem unbranded?

I would probably also upgrade the rear shock to a FOX CTD kashmina

I found the geometries of it, 67 degree head angle and a 74 degree seat angle so the geometry seems very good, very similar to the 2014 Heckler in fact
  • ej2320
    Where did you find a Pike for £500..??
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    T'was just a rough guess, the solo air RCT3 on bike-discount was £624 and the RC with dual position was £542, so if you can find one of the German shops with the solo air RC Pike £500 sounds about right as the dual positions are usually more expensive.
  • ej2320
    I'd go for the RCT3 solo probably

Found a Yeti 575 with a 140mm fork, do you know if it will effect the geometries?
  • if your willing to look at ex demo bikes from one of the BIG names then keep an eye out here http://www.trekdemosale.co.uk/
    they have some cracking deals and the stock is constantly changing.
  • ej2320
    I can get a 2014 Trek or Cube from LBS so demoing is possible, if a 2013 trek came up I'd consider it
  • appy
    appy Posts: 408
    I was in exactly the same position as you and was looking at all the same bikes, do i build one, buy one etc etc ! Ended up demoing a Norco Sight 2 an instantly loved it. Evans have dropped the price to £2100 as well so a bargain now.