Types of Overtakes

13»

Comments

• ManiaMuse wrote:
    'The do-si-do'
    Driver must overtake even though there is a queue of traffic immediately ahead. You swing round the back of them and overtake on the driver side to complete the manouevre.

Do see this a reasonable amount don't tend to get close/fast overtakes though did get a variation on the Le Grimpeur, a month or so ago, coming back from Capital to Coast, car over took and folks shouted, took me a while to realize to was friendly as you where.
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    jimmypippa wrote:
    Got that this morning:

A completely random WVM overtook slowly and shouted "One minute thirty, mate" and had drawn "1:30" on a sheet of paper which the passenger was holding up, and giving me the thumbs up.

I have no idea what that could refer to as I don't think I wast fast enough for that to be a kilometer time.
    I assume that's the time the peloton were behind you.

Makes a very nice change from some of the things shouted from White Vans.

He didn't offer you a sticky-bottle?

No :D
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    The Rookie wrote:

Secondly I present the Farm 4x4 they pass at a reasonable distance forgetting the trailer on the back is 18" closer to the cyclist than the towing vehicle - not one that I suspect will be seen in London as the farms round Chelsea don't require their tractors to tow anything (other than perhaps skidoo's!)

Had that the other day.