13»

Comments

• mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    Is Stretch Armstrong Lance's brother?
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,716
    dimspace wrote:
    One thing we have learnt is that forum colour has a big impact. For the tour the site was a very lurid orange, people got crazy, the day we went back to blue, suddenly calm appeared.

Im having serious misgivings about turned red for the vuelta :D
    The skin changes are why I keep coming back Dim...Don't ever change!
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,716
    dimspace wrote:
    symo wrote:
    I heard that it got shut down because one of the iluminati 12 had found an advert in My Weekly promising to reduce joint aches and give you your youth back in Chris Froome's bin. Then had it DNA tested to see if Froome had looked at it. Then analysed his power output by inputting some numbers on his ZX81 programme he made to determine doping performances. Well Sky found out and Murdoch himself threatened FP with legal action so they thought it was easier to take the forums out completely. So my mate Dave in the pub told me that he heard from the hairdresser of Greg Lemond's haberdasher in Monaco.

Or it was hacked.
    Seriously full of deluded fools who were only able to write about LA after real journalists found witnesses and evidence. Idiots.

Your mate didnt happen to see Luis Suarez get out of taxi outside Arsenals stadium did he?
    If only...
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    mr_poll wrote:
    Is Stretch Armstrong Lance's brother?
    You see it is all linked, conspiracy I tell you.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • The Froome thread is getting bizarre now :)

http://velorooms.com/index.php?topic=13 ... #msg113786

Agggghhhhh, the madness, the madness

Jimmy...for sanity's sake, pls..... :shock: :shock:
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    The Froome thread is getting bizarre now :)

http://velorooms.com/index.php?topic=13 ... #msg113786

I notice the 'peaking for five months' stupidity has raised its head again.

Who genuinely thinks that you have to be in peak form for the whole of May to win the Tour of Romandie? You just have to do one mountain stage and one TT better than Simon Spilak - two hours hard effort. I would image training is harder for most top riders.

If a footballer said that in preparation for the World Cup he could only play two games a month he'd be laughed at. But in cycling some seem to think that being able to function at a decent level for more than three weeks a year is somehow abnormal.

(Some of these people need to look at LeMond's season in 1986 to see what an old school schedule looked like)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • wombly_knees
    wombly_knees Posts: 657
    edited August 2013
    Which one of them is Alex Jones? Dim's fault clearly, Froome's his Bilderberg.

Unless Alex Jones is indeed a CN forummer.

Doping discussions are most often pointless anyway, unless if it's about the practice itself and not the individual/team, which it rarely ever is, and given some believed sky was the reason CN forum went down. Some twits going so cos their sandcastle was washed away.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    RichN95 wrote:
    (Some of these people need to look at LeMond's season in 1986 to see what an old school schedule looked like)
    (or more recently, Cadel's 2011 season)
    (or alternatively, Lance's 3 week seasons)
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    FJS wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    (or more recently, Cadel's 2011 season)
    (or alternatively, Lance's 3 week seasons)

Exactly
    Evans 11, Wiggins 12, Froome 13, Nibali 13. GT winners these days are competitive for a win over several months.

Interestingly, the same clown on that thread said that Rodriguez didn't do the same and focused just on the Tour but in 2013 J-Rod did:
    February: 4th Oman (stage win)
    March: 5th Tirreno- A (stage win)
    March: 2nd Catalunya
    April: 2nd Liege-Bastongne-Liege
    (and this is a rider who can't bank on time trials that many one week winners do)

You can't be at your peak for six months, but why shouldn't you be competitive for a couple of days a month over six months on a million+ euro contract.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    How do they function in every day life?

I'm curious to know, because I can't think of a situation where that brand of utter mentalness works in a social situation, ther than with other similarly mental people.
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    How do they function in every day life?

I'm curious to know, because I can't think of a situation where that brand of utter mentalness works in a social situation, ther than with other similarly mental people.
    Isn't that just what certain parts of the Internet are though, a niche for certain groups of mentalists? They are pretty harmless at the end of the day, unless others give them too much attention which in turn gives them legitimacy. Does kind of spoil it for anyone who wants to discuss a the topic sensibly though.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,556
    Just checked out the Velorooms forums. Actually some interesting threads there - I liked the weight / descending one.

Some of the conspiracy theories are probably a little over the top, but then the general BR forum thinking that cycling is spotlessly clean is also quite unlikely.
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    TheBigBean wrote:
    Just checked out the Velorooms forums. Actually some interesting threads there - I liked the weight / descending one.

Some of the conspiracy theories are probably a little over the top, but then the general BR forum thinking that cycling is spotlessly clean is also quite unlikely.
    Does anyone here really think that though? I take it that most think doping still goes on but that it's pointless to randomly point fingers without any real evidence.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,556
    TheBigBean wrote:

Does anyone here really think that though?

I think some believe it is around 95% clean with just a few lone Di Lucas out there, but I am guilty of putting words in the mouths of others. Just the impression I get.
    I take it that most think doping still goes on but that it's pointless to randomly point fingers without any real evidence.

My view precisely. I continue to watch and enjoy.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Running again.
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    ThomThom wrote:
    Running again.
    Just been having a browse. It really does put things into perspective. I thought things here were getting a little wild during the tour, but over there is a whole different world. I can't believe all those people are that mad in everyday life, interacting on the net makes people lose reality.
  • thomthom
    They did them a major favour in getting the thing closed down with a week before Paris. Most of them just don't know it. As you say - even in here it came to personal insults in July but CN was just another level.

The general race forum is usually pretty harmless, though. Don't know if they went bat-shit-crazy in there as well. I was drunk and missed the first 7 stages while being on festival so kind of gave in following that forum for the rest of the Tour when I got home again.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    ThomThom wrote:
    Running again.

Hate to say I told you so...

No, really I do!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • thomthom
    Actually, the CN forum is still down. I was just informing people that I recovered from my injury and are back running again.
  • ThomThom wrote:
    Actually, the CN forum is still down. I was just informing people that I recovered from my injury and are back running again.

It's back up now, so it seems that all the 'tin foil hat wearers' on here were wrong! :D
    "an original thinker… the intellectual heir of Galileo and Einstein… suspicious of orthodoxy - any orthodoxy… He relishes all forms of ontological argument": jane90.