Do you know anyone famous?

13»

Comments

• but then again, in your line of work, i suppose its so involved that you do get to know, to a certain extent, people even if they are only acquaintences. you would know them to say hello to if you saw them out and about
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    so in conclusion, know one really KNOWS anone famous, or wouldnt care to reveal it on a forum.
    Well, I do but I won't reveal as cycling is his escape from all that nonsense. Put a helmet and glasses on and instant incognito.
    He hates the airport and plane part of going to Mallorca.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • hence the 'would'nt care to reveal it on a forum' comment!!
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    hence the 'would'nt care to reveal it on a forum' comment!!

A comment which is spot on. Who'd want to be friends with someone who named them on a public forum? A bit cringey I reckon.
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Excuse me perleeeeease! I've spent many a day at Billy Ray's crib (he was actually the reason I ended up giving Dolly a lift home). I class him as quite a good friend. Johnny Cash also came to my wedding and stag do and ended up mocking one of the bridesmaids so badly that she threw a small yet delicately formed profitta (sic) roll cake at him.

Jordan and Jonathon Knight helped me paint my spare roon and TDV is best buds with Cyndi Lauper
    And don't forget TDV.

There's only two kinds of music when we're at Billy's - country and western.
  • Yossie
    I've just had a beer with Debbie Gibson (we went down the local bar with Cyndi as she was round having dinner and Debbie gave her a lift) and she paid.

Now that's a freakin' result for a Monday.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Yossie wrote:
    I've just had a beer with Debbie Gibson (we went down the local bar with Cyndi as she was round having dinner and Debbie gave her a lift) and she paid.

Any pictures of norks? :lol:
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    When I was a student in Cambridge I worked in the Burger King and served the Chuckle Brothers. Also served Chris Evert at another site.

When I worked at BMW Chris Akabusi was a customer as was Mark Webber. At the time he was racing for Jaguar and so had a Jag S type R. But he also had a M5 which he had to keep quiet about. Came in a couple of times for service and was very polite and friendly. Signed loads of autographs and had his photo taken with nearly everyone.

At Volvo Simon Biagi was a customer who at the time was on every other daytime tv programme.

So you studied at Cambridge and ended up cleaning cars?
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    FishFish wrote:
    When I was a student in Cambridge I worked in the Burger King and served the Chuckle Brothers. Also served Chris Evert at another site.

When I worked at BMW Chris Akabusi was a customer as was Mark Webber. At the time he was racing for Jaguar and so had a Jag S type R. But he also had a M5 which he had to keep quiet about. Came in a couple of times for service and was very polite and friendly. Signed loads of autographs and had his photo taken with nearly everyone.

At Volvo Simon Biagi was a customer who at the time was on every other daytime tv programme.

So you studied at Cambridge and ended up cleaning cars?

You might not ever get rich but let me tell ya it's better than diggin' a ditch. There ain't no tellin' who you might meet, a movie star or maybe even a Indian Chief.....all together now.
  • rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144
    VTech wrote:
    No, im not sure I would want him anywhere near a warm enclosed space with lots of light ;)

Im working on a vehicle he owns. Im looking forward to it as I have always like Mr D since I was a kid.

VTech....is this you? :D

• VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    RC856 wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    No, im not sure I would want him anywhere near a warm enclosed space with lots of light ;)

Im working on a vehicle he owns. Im looking forward to it as I have always like Mr D since I was a kid.

VTech....is this you? :D

No but im meeting with this very guy on friday morning. He is a very dedicated man, not always my cup of tea in car design and modification but dedicated non the less.
    Living MY dream.
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    I knew Steve Lillywhite, the record producer, before he was famous, when I was at junior school as I sat next to him. We later frequented the same local pub and went to the same parties occasionally, and he played bass in local bands at teenage dances, but I do not know him as a famous person.

I think that's the best I can do :lol:
  • pashda
    pashda Posts: 99
    Dave Millar is my stalker. Every time I visit the in-laws in girona he turns up. And last year I went for a ride with Greg Henderson but wouldn't call him a mate. He carried my Biden for me though so in my book he is all right.
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    I used to do some extra work, and did a few films with richard e grant when he was a lot younger. I was in the video for jamiroquis deeper under ground. The one where godzilla comes through the cinema. It was actually filmed in the state cinema in grays essex. My dads firm owned the cinema and it was unchanged inside since the 40,s very creepy when you go in there. Spent all day sat with models and the band. I only got on it via dads connection. Ridden many a mile with a fair few famous riders inc, schlek bros, cadel, wiggo, geraint, big george, shane Sutton. None of these people can be classed as friends though. I worked for a wealthy family whose son was going out with a very famous super model for quite a few years and now/was going out with di caprio. Ive seen some interesting pictures of her she wouldnt want mainstream.
  • dynamicbrick
    dynamicbrick Posts: 460
    I know precisely nobody famous.

Met quite a few though, and the only one I really liked was Claire Sweeney. Got to sit next to her on a flight from Edinburgh to Gatwick, during her particularly buxom phase. She turned out to be charming, witty, and flirtatious. Furthermore, those knockers produced some of the finest cleavage I've ever seen in the flesh. Shame the flight was only an hour.

Missus Dynamicbrick used to know Katie Price/Jordan fairly well before she became properly famous, during her phase of getting her tats out for Max Power mag I think. Having a chat with the mammoth mammaries when we bumped into her in Hove B&Q one afternoon a number of years ago was a particularly odd experience. They really are absurdly, stupidly, comically big when they're right in front of you. Think what you like, but she's a savvy operator. Her mother's a fearsome individual though.

On a related note, on of my mates in town knows/knew Peter Andre after he moved into Hove after splitting up with the aforementioned 'lady'. A thoroughly decent chap, by all accounts.
  • VTech
    Sat here on Miami Boulevard with Ludicrous and Lil Wayne (rappers) and there is a private jet waiting to take them to Charlotte for a gig tonight. Not my cut of tea but have had worse days :)

I feel bling :D
    Living MY dream.
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    Claire sweeney. I would.
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    Sorry chaps. You can forget your claims to "Know anyone famous".
    Yesterday I was photographing The Rock and Blues Custom Show in Derbyshire. Got chatting to the compere, the soundman tells me he's Doctor from Doctor and the Medics!...Rock and indeed Roll! :D
  • WindyG
    WindyG Posts: 1,099
    Graham. wrote:
    Sorry chaps. You can forget your claims to "Know anyone famous".
    Yesterday I was photographing The Rock and Blues Custom Show in Derbyshire. Got chatting to the compere, the soundman tells me he's Doctor from Doctor and the Medics!...Rock and indeed Roll! :D

We were in a club in London back in the 90's and there was some indie night on and they were playing, afterwards the band just made it to the bar and mingled with everybody else had a chat with one of the guitarist, great bunch, really down to earth.
  • Vesterberg
    Vesterberg Posts: 330
    Yossie wrote:

Why do I have a sneaking suspicion that the kind of guy who has Johnny Cash at his stag do wouldn't spend so much time posting bollox on a uk cycling forum?
  • Yossie
    Vesterberg wrote:
    Yossie wrote:

Why do I have a sneaking suspicion that the kind of guy who has Johnny Cash at his stag do wouldn't spend so much time posting bollox on a uk cycling forum?

I do because I can .......
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,385
    I used to date Chris Froom's [now] fiancée.. although I haven't met the guy personally, I know his after hours ride inside and out..

This did nt get anything like enough credit!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • squired
    squired Posts: 1,153
    I had a premiership/international footballer as my next door neighbour for about 5 years. Really nice guy. We used to let him park his car in our drive (was funny to see the reaction from people when they turned up at our house and saw a £120k car in our drive). Not going to name him though, but I will say that he restored my faith in footballers somewhat. He moved away a few years ago, but has occasionally stopped by to say hello when he is in the area.
  • VTech
    Worked on this through the night.

66uu.jpg

It was a music video for Lil Wayne
    According to those around me, "this ride is dope !"

I think its a gas guzzling yank tank ut heyho :)
    Living MY dream.
  • A close friend of mine is doing quite well as an up and coming playwright, currently being mentored by Richard Wilson (which he told me rather bashfully), but that's about the extent of it.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • i saw and chatted to rob green in a hoxton club/bar a couple of years ago, after he saved a penalty (i think) against spurs earlier in the day, in which spurs lost to west ham.