TDF Stage 14 (2013) ***Spoilers***

14567810»

Comments

• slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    TheBigBean wrote:

Crowds were insane at the end and there were some real idiots including that policewomen on a blind corner - Simon said afterwards that he didn't even notice her he was so in the zone.

As I suspected. This confirms he would not have seen the red car in front, and thus wouldn't have been "egged on"

(Relates to irrelevant commentator discussion upthread)
    Yeah he was so in the zone focussed on the red car in front.......<runs and hides> :D
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    edited July 2013
    Moray Gub wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    Pro tip for Carlton: try speaking actual words in the final kilometre instead of random screaming noises.

I thought he covered the last 10kms quite well today......kinda warming to him as the days go on.

meh. Anyone who is capable of sounding shouty and excited could cover the last 10km of a race well because all the viewers are excited and focused on the racing anyway.

The hard bit is the rest of the stage.. where Carlton is a bit hit and miss unfortunately.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,562
    Very good Slim Boy Fat. Made me chuckle.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    ugh, i'd failed to notice tomorrows stage goes through Valence.

A young Goat once spent a couple of days there... it was the worst. The international museum of shoes is not worth admittence.

*TOTALLY OFF TOPIC NOT EVEN ABOUT FRANCE*

Did you know there is a Dormouse Museum in Cerknica, Slovenia? Well there is.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    Hat museum in Stockport
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    ugh, i'd failed to notice tomorrows stage goes through Valence.

A young Goat once spent a couple of days there... it was the worst. The international museum of shoes is not worth admittence.

*TOTALLY OFF TOPIC NOT EVEN ABOUT FRANCE*

Did you know there is a Dormouse Museum in Cerknica, Slovenia? Well there is.

Bakelite museum, Somerset
    Pencil museum, Keswick
    better stop now before someone complains.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,101
    ddraver wrote:
    I did wonder how many ways to answer "So Chris, you sat in the bunch and rode tempo all day today then" there are...

But thats the English speaking press. Its almost as if they are having a competition to see who is the best cycling analyser/pundit instead of asking an open ended question. It happens in all sports...just like footie - always along the lines of:

"So you decided to sit back and counter attack but the tactic failed and how do you see your team improving on this performance..." blah presumption blah bollox blah presumption bollox. Really pi$$es me off, such crap journalism.
    Wish my French was good enough to listen to their commentary.
    Rant over.

..and now the torch is lit with Frooms schepers under question as we head into big country.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    le-tour-france-2013-stage-20130713-145520-631_zpsab75f976.jpg
    Awesome ride today, I was gutted for him when he got caught.
  • nic_77
    nic_77 Posts: 929
    ddraver wrote:
    IF WE COULD SUPPLY FRESH WATER THIS WOULD BE THE PERFECT LOCATION FOR THE NEW TOWN!!!!!!!!

F**K OFF!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Roger that! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one to be annoyed by this advert. I thought Dassault made fighter planes, I don't know what the hell they think they are doing towing icebergs around the bloody place. Fook off.

DD.

Surely laying a pipe would be loads cheaper.

Not building the town, that would be cheaper. And who builds a town somewhere with no natural water supply? My inner geographer is irked. :x
    Right. Haven't they even seen Brewster's Millions? Shifting icebergs about is an acknowledged methaphor for burning cash.