Comments

• ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,852
    dd, are you searching for oil?
    Half man, Half bike
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,563
    ddraver wrote:

Good news for Smithy and Big Bean as I lost it with geology today (AtC you ll appreciate this too)

I have never objected to geology posts.

(I'm actually not really a fan, but freedom of posting and all that)
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Is there any chance of a cheeky attack on that climb with 10km to go - Bruere-Allechamps - and making it stick? Or is it an exaggeration of scales due to it being a flat stage and nothing really?
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    edited July 2013
    Break of 6: Lemoine, Mate, Perez, Gene, Boeckmans and Niemiec. What does Niemiec do up there on this kind of stage!?
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    RonB wrote:
    Is there any chance of a cheeky attack on that climb with 10km to go - Bruere-Allechamps - and making it stick? Or is it an exaggeration of scales due to it being a flat stage and nothing really?

:shock: :shock: :shock:
    Race talk!
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,563
    RonB wrote:

I wondered that, or the ridiculous possibility of OPQS trying to drop Kittel.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Ridgerider wrote:
    dd, are you searching for oil?

Yep (well gas at the mo but...)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    RonB wrote:

Chava if he was free, Millar maybe...or
    Johnny?!?!?!?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQB3Idli-TmqIQ5H2sAG2yCCky5gpFCMEeg_UfeSzo_khyO3ffO
    - @ddraver
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    RonB wrote:

It's not even categorised. There is a Cat 4 earlier in the race. I think it might be an exaggeration of scales. It just looks like a very short sharp climb with an almost immediate descent. Shouldn't trouble the sprinters who can just power up it.

Lotto-Belisol are clearly taking it seriously, 5 of their chaps have opted for skinsuits.

Talking of skin suits I notice that Kennaugh had a skin suit on yesterday.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • TimB34
    TimB34 Posts: 316
    RonB wrote:

I posted back on page one - inrng stage preview says:
    The bump at the end of the stage shown by the profile is nothing to worry about either. It’s not steep, it’s not long, it’s not narrow. It’s nothing.
  • goonz
    RonB wrote:

It's not even categorised. There is a Cat 4 earlier in the race. I think it might be an exaggeration of scales. It just looks like a very short sharp climb with an almost immediate descent. Shouldn't trouble the sprinters who can just power up it.

Lotto-Belisol are clearly taking it seriously, 5 of their chaps have opted for skinsuits.

Talking of skin suits I notice that Kennaugh had a skin suit on yesterday.

They were all wearing those suits yesterday too...Greipel even opted for the aero helmet!
  • ddraver
    TimB34 wrote:
    The bump at the end of the stage shown by the profile is nothing to worry about either. It’s not steep, it’s not long, it’s not narrow. It’s nothing.

All the hallmarks of a Hoogerland attack!
    - @ddraver
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,793
    real deja vu when it comes to the make up of who/what teams are in the breaks.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • goonz
    ddraver wrote:
    TimB34 wrote:

All the hallmarks of a Hoogerland attack!

Thats if he hasnt crashed beforehand.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    I bet Europcar got flogged yesterday evening for not getting someone in the break. Definitely couldn't miss out today could they?
  • above_the_cows
    TimB34 wrote:

They need to sort out the profiles, because from the profile it looks meaner than the Cat 4 earlier, especially on the official Tour ticker page

http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/2013/us/live/aso/
    goonz wrote:
    They were all wearing those suits yesterday too...Greipel even opted for the aero helmet!

I get the sprint teams opting for them, but Sky? Why? Did their washing machine break down or something? Are they really trying to conserve so much energy that you need to put Kennaugh in one on a flat stage. See the photo on this link

http://www.teamsky.com/gallery/0,27401,17548_8820147,00.html#photo=10

Is it to offset his very un-aero string vest on his arm?
  • TimB34
    Oh, there's a local in the break (not Gène, he's from Guadaloupe) : Cyril Lemoine was born in Tours (home of stuffed elephants and goats cheese on-a-stick).

He rides for Sojasun, who I note in passing no longer have the small litter pocket from the side of their jersies since losing Saur as title sponsor.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    TimB34 wrote:
    RonB wrote:

I posted back on page one - inrng stage preview says:

Apologies to Tim. I did browse through the earlier pages but missed your comment.
  • TimB34
    I just assumed that I'm blocked by 95% of non-doped posters for too many posts about cheese.
  • hammerite

I get the sprint teams opting for them, but Sky? Why? Did their washing machine break down or something? Are they really trying to conserve so much energy that you need to put Kennaugh in one on a flat stage. See the photo on this link

perhaps Kennaugh just feels more comfortable in a skinsuit.
  • above_the_cows
    TimB34 wrote:
    Oh, there's a local in the break (not Gène, he's from Guadaloupe) : Cyril Lemoine was born in Tours (home of stuffed elephants and goats cheese on-a-stick).

He rides for Sojasun, who I note in passing no longer have the small litter pocket from the side of their jersies since losing Saur as title sponsor.

That is a shame. I thought they were a good idea, leading by example.
    TimB34 wrote:
    I just assumed that I'm blocked by 95% of non-doped posters for too many posts about cheese.

[Off topic] I like the cheese posts, but then after cycling, I think cheese is my next favourite thing to talk about, and you inspired my lunch choice yesterday. And it was a good lunch too.[/Off topic]
  • above_the_cows
    hammerite wrote:

perhaps Kennaugh just feels more comfortable in a skinsuit.

Good call, he's a trackie.
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    TimB34 wrote:

That is a shame. I thought they were a good idea, leading by example.
    TimB34 wrote:

[Off topic] I like the cheese posts, but then after cycling, I think cheese is my next favourite thing to talk about, and you inspired my lunch choice yesterday. And it was a good lunch too.[/Off topic]

I've just signed up on Cheeseradar.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    I've just signed up on Cheeseradar.

There's no grater sacrifice...
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • hammerite
    I thought the fight for the white jersey was going to be quite an exciting one. Apart from the top two it's a bit disappointing from some of the others.....

1 Michal Kwiatkowski (Pol) Omega Pharma-Quick Step 47:23:57
    2 Nairo Alexander Quintana Rojas (Col) Movistar Team 0:00:34
    3 Romain Bardet (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale 0:06:53
    4 Andrew Talansky (USA) Garmin-Sharp 0:08:27
    5 Thibaut Pinot (Fra) FDJ.fr 0:31:43
    6 Tejay van Garderen (USA) BMC Racing Team 0:33:24
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Amazing little factoid from the TdF ticker: JJ Rojas has done 70 Tour de France road stages in his career, and finished in the top 10 in 38.6% of them! Unbelievable. But never actually won a stage
  • dolan_driver
    dolan_driver Posts: 831
    Cavendish just handed his shoe into the car for a quick mid-stage service. While hanging onto the window on the right, that car drifts towards the ditch. And he flips. "Whoaaa, Dick-Head" might possibly be the words that escape his mouth?

DD.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    It could be yesterday's stage for all the change in terrain.
    Hopefully a hour's siesta is the oder of the day.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    Very colourful breakaway today what with Lampre, Euskatel, Europcar, Cofidis. It would be nice though if the breaks could be just a bit more heavyweight!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    FJS wrote:
    Amazing little factoid from the TdF ticker: JJ Rojas has done 70 Tour de France road stages in his career, and finished in the top 10 in 38.6% of them! Unbelievable. But never actually won a stage
    It's not just the Tour. His entire career is just the same.
    Twitter: @RichN95