Cound v Bike Pure

13»

Comments

• disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    If he has a metric for VAM:Watts:Duvel consumed I think i'm nailed on for that
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    I'm off down to the Ardennes tomorrow for a long weekend, I can examine that theory very closely... ;)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    After a Rochefort 8 and a Tripel Karmilet (and a few bitterballen, ask ArC) I can confirm.my legs feel f**king AMAZING!!!!
    - @ddraver
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Putting in the hard miles, that's what we like to see! Keep it up and tell us how you feel tomorrow. :D
    Correlation is not causation.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Nothing like some good bitterballen with some beer on a warm summer's evening.

Very jealous.
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    I'm off to Ghent tomorrow... No bikes though
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406

Very jealous.

That's very optimistic of you Rick. It's freezing over here. :(
    Correlation is not causation.
  • ddraver
    In other news, Belgians have a very different interpretation of technical mountain biking than British people :(
    - @ddraver
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    ddraver wrote:
    In other news, Belgians have a very different interpretation of technical mountain biking than British people :(

Wassup?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661

Very jealous.

That's very optimistic of you Rick. It's freezing over here. :(

Jammer.

Bloedheet here in NYC if that helps.
  • ddraver
    ddraver wrote:

Wassup?

Meh, nothing much exciting yet. It's very pretty and 100 times.better than work, but not.what I was expecting. Realising how spoilt GB MTBers are...
    - @ddraver
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    ddraver wrote:
    Meh, nothing much exciting yet. It's very pretty and 100 times.better than work, but not.what I was expecting. Realising how spoilt GB MTBers are...
    Have you been at the "MTB" trail loop near Schoorl? :D
  • ddraver
    I have nt no...In fairness to the Dutch they can manage to make some reasonably decent trails given that they have only sand dunes and landfill sites to work with. That's kinda what makes some of this so dissapointing. THey could have done so much more with what they ve got here but they just havent. It's a real shame

I went and walked up to the XCO course just now. This was one of the most famous courses on the World Cup calender, famous for being seriously epic, hard and technical. At the moment it's just an overgrown field. The wooden bridges they use to have the course cross over each other are the only signs that anything ever existed there (apart from the 4X track which although also overgrown has at least a line going down it.) I tried following some through the undergrowth and found some folorn looking Shimano course tape and felt quiet emotional - It's like you ghey-boy roadies walking through flanders thinking "this used to be the Koppernberg this did"- If you look what we have done in Britain in Dalby, the 7 Stains and elsewhere, they could have done something really special here. Part of the reason I came was to ride a lap or two of the most " seriously epic, hard and technical" XC courses....but no
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    I have nt no...In fairness to the Dutch they can manage to make some reasonably decent trails given that they have only sand dunes and landfill sites to work with. That's kinda what makes some of this so dissapointing. THey could have done so much more with what they ve got here but they just havent. It's a real shame

I went and walked up to the XCO course just now. This was one of the most famous courses on the World Cup calender, famous for being seriously epic, hard and technical. At the moment it's just an overgrown field. The wooden bridges they use to have the course cross over each other are the only signs that anything ever existed there (apart from the 4X track which although also overgrown has at least a line going down it.) I tried following some through the undergrowth and found some folorn looking Shimano course tape and felt quiet emotional - It's like you ghey-boy roadies walking through flanders thinking "this used to be the Koppernberg this did"- If you look what we have done in Britain in Dalby, the 7 Stains and elsewhere, they could have done something really special here. Part of the reason I came was to ride a lap or two of the most " seriously epic, hard and technical" XC courses....but no
    - @ddraver
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Take solace in the bottle...
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition