Comments

• pitchshifter
    pitchshifter Posts: 1,476
    jibberjim wrote:
    Forecast looks perfect:

Screen_Shot_2013_06_24_at_10_50_50.png

You want an east wind!

+1

Surely a tailwind up sawyer is preferable.
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    Depends whether you want to better a time or beat the field. If the latter then irrelevant what the wind is doing, if the former then yes east wind.
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • My fault, I remembered last year it was 15, but I clearly don't remember well...
    That's exactly the information I was after and I was curious to know whether the Parks take a slice of the cake, which they do. I was not implying profits, I was only curious to know where the money went... as there wasn't an obvious display of lavish offering of food and beverages to justify it... but now I know... in no way I meant to undermine the event, which is most likely the best TT course in the country and well run.
    Might be back next year, I'm just too fat now

Thanks for the response. No stress. I was glad to have the opportunity to clear it up as I'm sure the question had occurred to one or two others. See you next year perhaps.
    Would you promote cycling on your shorts as you commute? www.quickerbybike.com
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Martin - any chance you could do something about this wind? :)
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    So who did I see in the park last night? Possibly Green Brompton - do you ride a white Ridley - long brown hair tied back? Also a Kingston Wheeler who looked familiar but didn't recognise the bike - an old school looking metallic light blue sort of thing. Anyone off here? I was in yellow Planet X jersey, navy blue Dulwich Paragon shorts. Still a headwind up Sawyers but not as bad as Sunday.
  • I was there but very briefly. I just did a Ballet School Loop as my non-injured leg was aching a bit (think it's been over compensating).

I do have brown hair, but I'm trying not to tie it up so much, so I don't think it was tied up, might have been. Otherwise spot on. Where were you?
    Why? Because I'm guaranteed a seat all the way in.

Brompton SL2
    Ridley Icarus SLS
  • bigmat
    Trying to remember where I spotted (possibly) you - probably on the stretch between Robin Hood and Roehampton gates going anti-clockwise but couldn't say for sure.
  • okgo
    That was probably Ed F or Alex (also a KW member) who was going round with Aaron (who won road category last week) who was on a green willier?
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • BigMat wrote:
    Trying to remember where I spotted (possibly) you - probably on the stretch between Robin Hood and Roehampton gates going anti-clockwise but couldn't say for sure.

If it was around 6, then I was there on that stretch. I think there might be another girl who rides a similar Ridley, but it sounds like it was me! Sorry, I don't think I spotted you? There was one guy who I overtook, but I don't think there was anyone else riding in my direction, so you must have been coming up the hill!

Brompton SL2
    Ridley Icarus SLS
  • bigmat
    BigMat wrote:

If it was around 6, then I was there on that stretch. I think there might be another girl who rides a similar Ridley, but it sounds like it was me! Sorry, I don't think I spotted you? There was one guy who I overtook, but I don't think there was anyone else riding in my direction, so you must have been coming up the hill!

This would have been around 8 so you must have a doppelganger!
  • bigmat
    okgo wrote:
    That was probably Ed F or Alex (also a KW member) who was going round with Aaron (who won road category last week) who was on a green willier?

He was riding with someone else so maybe was Ed F, although looked like a bigger build from what I remember of Ed F. This guy was like me - built for the track! :lol:
  • okgo
    Yes that would have been Alex with Aaron then.

Alex came 2nd to me last year in the road cat.
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    I did what felt like a lap of a roundabout this morning (Uturn in the road) and the BMC will go around that sort of distance.

Thursday evening i'll be in the park. I plan to do 2 (maybe 3) laps of the TT course before heading home. Anyone want to join me?
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    spasypaddy wrote:
    I did what felt like a lap of a roundabout this morning (Uturn in the road) and the BMC will go around that sort of distance.
    Just be wary that the Kingston roundabout is quite small (or at least, it seems that way when you have to go round it on a TT bike). U-turn in the road probably not a bad simulation though, so long as the road wasn't too wide...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • bigmat
    TGOTB wrote:
    spasypaddy wrote:
    Just be wary that the Kingston roundabout is quite small (or at least, it seems that way when you have to go round it on a TT bike). U-turn in the road probably not a bad simulation though, so long as the road wasn't too wide...

Plus, if you take it wide you run into the gravel on the left. I reckon the best tactic is to ease off on the approach and shift down ready to put the pwer on coming back up the hill, rather than try and fly round at speed.
  • spasypaddy
    BigMat wrote:
    TGOTB wrote:
    spasypaddy wrote:

Plus, if you take it wide you run into the gravel on the left. I reckon the best tactic is to ease off on the approach and shift down ready to put the pwer on coming back up the hill, rather than try and fly round at speed.
    oh im not worried about slowing down for the corner (going from slow to very slow isnt a big deal). its the turning circle on my bike that might be an issue :lol:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,689
    spasypaddy wrote:
    Thursday evening i'll be in the park. I plan to do 2 (maybe 3) laps of the TT course before heading home. Anyone want to join me?
    I might ride home via the park on Thursday. How long I'm in there depends on family duties.
    I could stroll up to the park to cheer on those I recognise for the TT, but will be tucked up in bed until well after you all finish. :)
  • spasypaddy
    ok well i'll be there from about 630 till 730/8 on thursday.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,689
    Will you be on the BMC? I'll yell as you go by. I'll be on the nuclear green thing. Although I might be home by then.
  • spasypaddy
    yeah i'll be on it, i know the route just dont know the corners.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Chapeau okgo.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • okgo
    Credit due for BigMat for 3rd and also a smashing ride by Il P to get into second place. Gareth won with a very quick time but given training he is doing I think to get close today was a good effort.

I didn't have much competition outside Rob Moore who is a strong 1st cat who may make elite this year, so to put a few secs into him for the win was nice. Just got to work out how he manages to do so well at palace and I don't!
  • cjcp
    Really good turnout. Can recommend this for anyone wanting to do a TT but not keen on sharing the road with other traffic.

Podium pics here: http://www.kingstonwheelers.co.uk/kwccf ... 161#113164
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Great turnout and a very enjoyable way to spend a Sunday morning. Great to put some faces to names as well. Delighted with 2 place too!

Well done to everyone, but 'Chapeau' to Gareth (whose time in the Road Cat was so quick only 4 of the TT cat went faster!) & Okgo who I believe won his second race of the weekend?
  • okgo
    Yeh, last 3 races have been wins! Doubt that will last long haha!
  • spasypaddy
    i know what you all look like now :)

was good conditions this morning. Really enjoyed myself. 2mins off my PB

Congrats Mat and okgo on winning, didnt realise that was IP in 2nd place.
  • furrag
    furrag Posts: 481
    Well done to everyone, but 'Chapeau' to Gareth (whose time in the Road Cat was so quick only 4 of the TT cat went faster!)
    Cheers bud! Surprised myself with such a good time.

Looking forward to photos of the event.

//
    G
  • pitchshifter
    pitchshifter Posts: 1,476
    Great event. Good to meet some of you in person.

Considering the next one :twisted:
  • Well done everyone! Looks like you have to be a Kingston Wheeler or SCRer to win stuff around here. Clearly the challenge of the Embankment has paid off... Have signed up for the next one in two weeks. This time you can blame Edds and not me when the 5am alarm goes off :D

3 seconds Pitchshifter ;)

Brompton SL2
    Ridley Icarus SLS
  • cjcp
    Well done everyone! Looks like you have to be a Kingston Wheeler or SCRer to win stuff around here. Clearly the challenge of the Embankment has paid off... Have signed up for the next one in two weeks. This time you can blame Edds and not me when the 5am alarm goes off :D

3 seconds Pitchshifter ;)

Good luck with those three seconds :twisted:
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."