Anyone get any great Father's Day presents ?

VTech
VTech Posts: 4,736
edited June 2013 in The cake stop
Woke this morning to a cup of tea, some biscuits and the kids came in with a nice gift.

A sandwich maker (tesco sandwich toaster) :)
Fab present, haven't had one for ages and then last week on the club cycle tu I had one at the cafe break and mentioned it to the wife and kids.

Ill be ham and cheese'd out for ages now :):)

Anyone else get a nice pressie this morning ?
Living MY dream.

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,420
    Thorntons toffees. Chocolates that spell 'I Love Dad' and a glass that says 'Daddy cool' 8)
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • VTech
    seanoconn wrote:
    Thorntons toffees. Chocolates that spell 'I Love Dad' and a glass that says 'Daddy cool' 8)

That's pimp :)
    Living MY dream.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,420
    VTech wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

If you come up with any good toastie recipes let me know. I'm rebelling against ham and cheese
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    A 'super dad' frisbee and one of them things that you press down on a sucker and it springs up, kids woke me with breakfast in bed with a flower in a vase (completely off their own back, mrs went to work at 6.30, kids are 9,6 and 2!)
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Official Tour de France mug, lovely. Just right for my morning triple shot latte. Best present was a big hug and kiss off my little girl and boy!
  • Mine clubbed together and bought me a K-edge mount, which is very nice. However I'm playing a very second fiddle as it's also my youngest's 18th and so all about her today :lol:
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    A conversation.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    A Tour de France t-shirt to match my 8 month old son's TdF vest. 8)
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    seanoconn wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

If you come up with any good toastie recipes let me know. I'm rebelling against ham and cheese

A soft white cheese (brie, camembert, st endellion, etc.) with slices of apple.
  • Welsh boy
    Welsh boy Posts: 38
    A 7am ride for 3 hours and home for a pair of Superman lounge trousers, a bag of Munchies chocolates and the book Papillion which I have been close to buying myself for the past few weeks. A good day.
  • rodgers73
    rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
    1st child born on Thursday. Woke up to a cup of tea and a box set of The IT Crowd. Well done daughter! (and wife).

The shine was slightly taken off it all though when I bought my Dad's present (bottle of port) and realised I was actually down on the whole deal by a couple of quid. Ah well...
  • Keith47
    Keith47 Posts: 158
    Mine clubbed together and got me a new screen for my motorbike, ( seriously expensive!!), well chuffed :lol:
    The problem is we are not eating food anymore, we are eating food-like products.
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    Mine clubbed together and bought me a Sky jersey :lol: I wouldn't have bought one myself but I will wear it, simply because it's from them :D
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    random man wrote:
    Mine clubbed together and bought me a Sky jersey :lol: I wouldn't have bought one myself but I will wear it, simply because it's from them :D
    That's a nice gift mate. However I will take the p1ss. :lol::wink:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    rodgers73 wrote:
    1st child born on Thursday.

many hearty congratulations - i'd say you have the best present ever. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    I got a card and lot's of hugs,then my daughter came along to a sportive with me and cheered and jumped around as i came past the finish line,it was a good day.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    NapoleonD wrote:
    A 'super dad' frisbee and one of them things that you press down on a sucker and it springs up, kids woke me with breakfast in bed with a flower in a vase (completely off their own back, mrs went to work at 6.30, kids are 9,6 and 2!)[/quote]

That's fabulous.

My youngest (9) came downstairs at 7.30a.m (was just about to watch the Nocturne) and gave me a homemade card with a picture of a yellow bicycle on it and a bag of sports mix. She sat on my lap for the whole of the programme.

I then went out for a ridey pidey and my eldest (11) was probably kicked out of bed to get the old man a card before he came back. I may have to review the will...
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • VTech
    My eldest hasn't bothered with me today, I feel quite let down :)
    Having said hat, he only passed his test last week and got his new car this week so has more important things on his mind :)
    Living MY dream.
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    got the shoes i will be wearing for my wedding next year (wrong way round i know, misspent youth etc etc). A fine pair of Dr. Martens.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • rodgers73
    rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
    Mouth wrote:
    got the shoes i will be wearing for my wedding next year (wrong way round i know, misspent youth etc etc). A fine pair of Dr. Martens.

Is your bride to be also a skinhead? :wink:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    chain cleaner - never got round to getting one before, so pleased
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    random man wrote:
    That's a nice gift mate. However I will take the p1ss. :lol::wink:

I wouldn't expect anything else mate :lol:
  • neilrobins
    neilrobins Posts: 102
    Bits of choc' but helmet I have dropped numerous hints about did not appear today grrrr. Perhaps cos I just spent a bit on winter bike and wheels for summer bike last week?
    Avoided hoovering tho' by staying out on bike all afternoon so actually quite a success
  • Coopers home brew kit, a box of Maltesers and a bottle of Australian Cabernet/Shiraz. Result. The home brew is now fermenting nicely, roll on 4 weeks time . . .
    Got a place in the Pyrenees.
    Do bike and ski stuff.
  • WindyG
    WindyG Posts: 1,099
    I got a really cool mug with "I'm cranky 'till I've had my coffee" with a picture of a crank set on each side, plus taken out to dinner after they came and supported me at a race.
  • Philly8mt
    Philly8mt Posts: 552
    Absolutely cack all off my 14 yr old boy ... But ... A bottle of my fave Chanel aftershave and a card off my partners two girls.

Couldn't put my feet up though .. My mums birthday took priority :(
    Still thinking of something clever to say!
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,649
    After telling the missus not to spend much I got a tablet, so I can now watch the cycling whilst sat on the loo.

Also got took to the pub for lunch (after buying a pram), which was nice
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,589
    New helmet to replace the one I smashed last week and a copy of My Time.
  • marylogic
    marylogic Posts: 355
    Mr Logic got 4 homemade cards (2 each from our 2 kids) and a lie in. More importantly(!) it was my birthday yesterday and I got a splendid yellow campagnolo top and a 90 minute cycle.
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    A lovely FB status saying how proud she is to call me dad, a book, some chocolate, a hand made card and a shop bought one, washing up done and she even tidied her room :)