Tour de Suisse - Stage 3 *Spoiler*

1235»

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    smithy21 wrote:
    Pross, should have left us with the first version. Haul yourself back off the tarmac, chase back on and then solo to the finish from a couple of km out. Pick up the trophy before heading off to A&E.

Might have made True Champion status then :lol:
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Its why I asked the question in the first place ; )

You should have said yes and then put my response in your sig ; )
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Right, had enough of your useless post mikeyboy. On block now. Was using this forum since 2007 and never used this feature before this year and now the list is growing and growing.

Right back atcha
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    smithy21 wrote:
    This reminds me of the Lance situation, as it seems to me that the "Anti-Sky" brigade are actually far more obsessed with Sky than the "Pro-Sky" brigade.

As someone who sits somewhere in the middle, I can't help but be amused by it, especially as we've seen a another good thread derailed by people discussing a team which have played almost no part in the race so far.

I wish I had something constructive to add, but I haven't seen any of the race. Can't even take advantage of the malware ridden streams as can't watch it live due to work. This situation is ridiculous, think an e-mail campaign to Sky Sports might be in order.

I feel I am in the exact same situation. Looking at the Sky schedule for this afternoon it says something that they cant put on live cycling. Are the viewing figures that low that putting on recorded stuff which is effectively free is better than paying for commentators/pundits etc.

Exactly, apart from the Champions Trophy Cricket which is live on Sky Sports 1, the rest of the afternoons programming is just filler.

It's disappointing because, love them of loathe them, Sky had put out some half decent cycling coverage with highlights of the Giro and even a lesser race like Brabantse Pijl. I am a big supporter of Eurosport, but Sky putting out highlights at a reliable time is a god send for people like me who often can't watch the live coverage.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • apriliarider
    apriliarider Posts: 222
    Can't speak for others but for me I take issue with the 'SKY are British so I will blindly follow' mindset of many many contributors on here ... The trouble is they can't just accept that for others who don't follow cycling as a a way of clinging desperately to good old Blighty's colonial horror show, SKY's way of riding is dull in the main and stifles actual racing ... SKY ride stage races like it's an audax (albiet with exceptionally fast checkpoints) ...

Sadly SKY are ruining my racing (on TV) so I do get to moan ... me moaning doesn't affect those who like SKY's regime so frankly they should stfu and enjoy their version of the race ...

Also posters that encourage other forum users to block other forum users are just weasely little scrotes hiding behind a pc ... You learn more reading what you don't like than reading about what you do ... If it wasn't for people's thoughts and opinions there would be no pro race forum ...

ps. rant over but I'm sick of threads being derailed just because someone doesn't like SKY (who in this race have been guff and the racing better for it ... compare Sagan/wiggins wet descending and give yourself a good chuckle) ...

I could say why you don't "stfu" and enjoy your version of the racing - its just as pathetic :D

It's all racing FFS - teams will find a way to challenge, people will move on or get old and the picture will soon change - chill out and enjoy !!
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    RonB wrote:
    What happened to Ryder? Anyone see his spill? If so, from what you saw did it look like he'll be back in time for the Tour?
    the Inner Ring@inrng
    hesjedal is bruised & cut up but team say "no fractures and no neurological pathologies" + "he may be able to train in a few days time" 8:03 p.m. Mon, Jun 10
    9020159158_26b38e2fe5_o.jpg :shock:
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    TheBigBean wrote:
    Is TJ trying to ride them off his wheel or there is another plan?
    The other BMC rider is Frank (who TJ is riding for), BigBean.
    Surprised this hasn’t been more commented on, as it seems to have been a definite BMC plan, at least before the end of the stage.

A sign of times to come? Or as mike6 says …
    mike6 wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:
    Quite remarkable how different a race can be when there's no real control
    Wot..........you mean when the big boys are not there the also rans can have a go?
    Like Frank though, glad for him.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Last 22km. Worth a watch for sure:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x10ri0 ... rch_algo=2
    Contador is the Greatest