Abit of a cycleing debate....

124»

Comments

• thefd
    thefd Posts: 1,021
    I was chatting to a mate who just started his own decorating business on Saturday.
    I was thinking...only 4 days for his business to be up and running - surely that isn't long enough! Then I re-read it and realised you met him on Saturday!! :lol::lol:

I also missed the fight... :cry:

But I still don't get what a budget under £300-500 means? I understand what a budget under £300 means, and I understand what a budget under £500 means...and I understand what a budget between £300-500 means...but under £300-500 no clue!!!
    2017 - Caadx
    2016 - Cervelo R3
    2013 - R872
    2010 - Spesh Tarmac
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    TheFD wrote:
    But I still don't get what a budget under £300-500 means? I understand what a budget under £300 means, and I understand what a budget under £500 means...and I understand what a budget between £300-500 means...but under £300-500 no clue!!!
    It's a mathematical statement.

300-500= -200

So he means "under minus 200 pounds"
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Maybe there needs to be a new Road section called 'Road Budget'.
    That way anyone on a tight budget can get advice from people in the same position, and others can take or leave whether or not they visit the section.

It seems that a lot of people on a tight budget have a chip on their shoulder and just want to abuse what I would consider normal road cyclists, either by slagging of what they ride/wear or by ranting at you when you give genuine advice trying to be helpful.

If people have a problem with lycra or Assos or carbon or clipless pedals or whatever, they can just stay away from the Road General section in the same way they would not go on an angling forum if they do not like fishing!
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    I've been wanting to get into offshore powerboating but have you seen the price of the equipment! It's like the manufacturers aren't interested in the little guys any more.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    seen some offshore powerboats in the pound shop
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    prawny wrote:
    I've been wanting to get into offshore powerboating but have you seen the price of the equipment! It's like the manufacturers aren't interested in the little guys any more.

Yes they are. It's called a canoe. :wink:
  • prawny
    dennisn wrote:
    prawny wrote:

Yes they are. It's called a canoe. :wink:

I used to race canoes as a junior, that aint cheap either. £1600+ for a half decent new boat, £5k+ for a nice one. Very similar to cycling in many ways, tactics are the same too for marathon racing. I'd love to get back into it but the training times aren't as flexible as cycling.
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Very similar (ok maybe slightly higher) prices to bikes then IMO.

Do Decathlon sell decent £300 canoes like they do bikes?
  • prawny
    Carbonator wrote:
    Very similar (ok maybe slightly higher) prices to bikes then IMO.

Do Decathlon sell decent £300 canoes like they do bikes?

Yeah but they're not for racing, the canoe equivalent of a city bike.

A £440 decathlon Kayak

zoom_400PX_mediacom_547673415.jpg

A proper racing boat

NeloKAYAKVanquishIIIM_m.jpg
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • We should vote to get the OP reinstated. He's comedy gold. You can almost picture the amount of stuff he has thrown at his screen after going into a melt down after each repsonse.

Bring back blueneedles!
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    We should vote to get the OP reinstated. He's comedy gold. You can almost picture the amount of stuff he has thrown at his screen after going into a melt down after each repsonse.

Bring back blueneedles!

After reading Peeky's post I began to wonder what I had missed. I will admit to simply glossing over pages 2 thru 6 before posting. Now, upon a closer look all I can say is WOW that was wild.
  • Anyone ever thought about taking up swimming but found that manufacturers of racing trunks don't seem to cater to the little guys...