X-box One vs PS4

13»

Comments

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    It's a myth all gamers are children and the success of franchises with 18 certificates like gta shows the appeal is broader than that.
    The current and next gen consoles certainly aren't aimed at kids, primarily it's the 20-30 somethings with a tech budget, been that way for quite a while.

I'm a bit disappointed Microsoft caved on the Xbox disc sharing etc.
    I far prefer a Steam style digital delivery. Optical media? Carrying a DVD to a mate's house? How quaint.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    I work on this stuff, Gaming PCs so perhaps I can shed some insider knowledge.
    Veronese68 I would suggest getting a PC especially if a primary game is minecraft. It does so many other things too plus lockdownable for other erroneous access slightly easier.
    Minecraft is fantastic, it's given the new generation of gamers an introduction to PC gaming, modding and coding and has arguably saved PC gaming for a while.
    As comicboy (ddd) has said it is very cheap n easy to create a quick and good gaming rig that can handle anything for the next few years.
    Not really, a well balanced £500 system will be adequate for a couple of years on medium settings or low resolutions (720p). For £1000 you can play all but the most demanding games at High on a 1080p screen. Get towards £2000 and you'll be looking at Ultra settings for 3-5 years at 1080p-1440p. If you want a system that'll play current games at Ultra settings on a 2160p (or an array of 3-5 1080p) screens then start at £2500.
    To answer someone elses question about PC's being sold less - of course it is - more people are replacing the components inside (because they can) and not buying entire kits. That is the other bonus of them amongst more than a few more...
    Simply put there's little point selling a PC for less than £400, this segment is better catered for by Smartphones, Tablets, Phablets, Chromebooks, NUCs and Consoles. So yes the race to the bottom is over and we all lost... But Gaming PCs are still booming. This year the new wave of Consoles may make a dent, but it'll polish out as the gamers trade up to more powerful, versatile PCs.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I don't subscribe to this

I play Football Manager, Rift, Star Trek and Champions Online and Star Wars the old republic.

I have a Phenom X4 3.2ghz, 16gb ram, AMD 5570 or a 6770.

My rig is costs about £500 - £600 and is 3-4 years old. I notice no difference in graphics between it and the Xbox 360. She. I use the 6770 the graphics, draw distance etc are noticeably better. Reckon my console has another year in it - Ms DDD and I use it for work as well.

However I've seen a top range graphics card and it is like stepping into the future. So the more you spend the better the performance.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game