Waiting for Canyon!!

13»

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,657
    Because they re cheap - like the budgie - cedar. Das ist alles!

I ve been waiting 3 years to buy a new bike, a month or so either way (for much of which I was in the desert for, and also was a screw up by me) makes little difference...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • For me I couldn't care less where it came from... Germany , France , England or Timbuktu ! After a lot of research this seemed the best value for money bike at the minute. Ive not heard one bad review regarding the bike , light, stiff yet still comfortable and the vcls post 2.0 looks like a work of art..and actually works according to those that have used them. It has what I want in a carbon frame, braze on front mech, press fit BB and internal cables with a dedicated Di2 ..no bungs for holes your not using. As for the finishing kit it's pretty dam good all ritchey wcs, carbon bars etc.
    I looked at equivalent bikes ..specilized sworks same groupset ..not as good wheels £8000...pretty much same for a Trek ..£7500 ...even just buying the canyon frame and identical groupset , wheels and finishing kit would be about £1500 more!!
    So although waiting such a long time is doing my head in, I know I would regret cancelling ..
    But a quote I heard recently
    "Sometimes you wait so long for something, when it finally arrives it just doesn't meet your expectations "
    I hope that's not the case !!
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Gizmodo wrote:
    The wait is over, and I must say, it is worth it :D

PKSnDAT.jpg

Damn right. Really hope you get to make up for lost time. Thats if you dare ride it after such a long wait.
  • jezzpalmer
    jezzpalmer Posts: 389
    Ah, so the mythical SLX Team does exist!
    Mine doesn't seem to have been posted yet despite being told it'd be tues/weds! LOL

Does the battery come pre-charged, or do you have to charge it before you can play?

It's good to see the sponsor logos and team name stickers are optional, I was afraid they might be done in the mold.
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    jezzpalmer wrote:
    Ah, so the mythical SLX Team does exist!
    Mine doesn't seem to have been posted yet despite being told it'd be tues/weds! LOL

Does the battery come pre-charged, or do you have to charge it before you can play?

It's good to see the sponsor logos and team name stickers are optional, I was afraid they might be done in the mold.
    It was shifting out of the box, although you need to read the instructions on resetting after crash protection. But I did charge the battery whilst eating dinner just to be sure it was well charged. I did a little 10 miles round the block just to get the seat height right.
  • ddraver
    Oh God Dammit Gizmondo I was going to save the next large chunk of money for something useful!!

;)
    - @ddraver
  • Gizmodo
    ddraver wrote:
    Oh God Dammit Gizmondo I was going to save the next large chunk of money for something useful!!
    ;)
    :lol:
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Gizmodo wrote:
    The wait is over, and I must say, it is worth it :D

PKSnDAT.jpg

What size is that? That head tube is massive...
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • jezzpalmer
    jezzpalmer Posts: 389
    Looks like an XL.

Gizmondo, have you checked your bank/credit card statement yet? When they attempted to take payment for mine they tried to take the price now instead of the invoiced price when I ordered, which is over £200 difference due to exchange rate.
    Fortunately the bank's antifraud blocked the payment so when I rang them to authorise it I found out before they payment was taken, when I contacted Canyon to ask them to retry I pointed out the original invoice value, which is what they took on the second attempt.

Just had confirmation that it's to be shipped, I expect the delay is due to the initial bank transaction failing.
  • ddraver
    See this is why the euro is a good idea ;)
    - @ddraver
  • Gizmodo
    Grill wrote:
    What size is that? That head tube is massive...
    Large
    jezzpalmer wrote:
    Gizmondo, have you checked your bank/credit card statement yet? When they attempted to take payment for mine they tried to take the price now instead of the invoiced price when I ordered, which is over £200 difference due to exchange rate.
    Thanks for the tip, I'll check that out! And whilst I'm on I'll remind them about the letter they sent me last year promising me a pair of Oakley M Frames that were supposed to be in the box but weren't.

[Edit] Checked and they took out the correct amount, the original invoice amount from last year.

Now, how do I stop the brakes from squealing? Is it just that they are new pads and new rims?
    [Edit] I've answered my own question by reading the BR review on the wheels
    "..the first 75-100km were a pretty noisy affair until they were run in." - I can vouch for that :!:
  • Gizmodo wrote:
    Now, how do I stop the brakes from squealing? Is it just that they are new pads and new rims?
    [Edit] I've answered my own question by reading the BR review on the wheels
    "..the first 75-100km were a pretty noisy affair until they were run in." - I can vouch for that :!:
    Yes, mine were pretty noisy to start with too. I've done about 30 miles on mine now and I didn't notice any squealing last night (except the noises I made whilst going downhill - I'm not very confident at downhills yet...)

Hope you love the bike after you waited so long for it!
  • ddraver
    Slight problem with that bikes is that I'm too fat for the wheels :oops:
    - @ddraver
  • Mine is on its way at last ..woo hoo !
  • bigaac
    bigaac Posts: 72
    Is everyone having these delays (7+ months)!!

currently looking at the Canyon and about to pull the trigger, but seriously concerned over these timescales everyone seems to be quoting. Their website suggests orders should be processed in 4-5 weeks.

Currently looking at either

AEROAD CF 7.0 Di2

or

ULTIMATE CF SLX 7.0 Di2
  • ddraver
    Got my UPS e-mail today! :D

Arrival on Monday apparently! (which I'm not sure i believe)
    - @ddraver
  • Gizmodo
    bigaac wrote:
    Is everyone having these delays (7+ months)!!

currently looking at the Canyon and about to pull the trigger, but seriously concerned over these timescales everyone seems to be quoting. Their website suggests orders should be processed in 4-5 weeks.

Currently looking at either

AEROAD CF 7.0 Di2

or

ULTIMATE CF SLX 7.0 Di2
    If you read all of the thread (long I know) you will see that it relates to the initial production if the Ultimate CF frame set. You can always phone Canyon UK, in my experience they answer the phone and give you honest answers.