Waiting for Canyon!!

kayo74
kayo74 Posts: 299
edited July 2013 in Road general
Anyone else waiting on there Canyon road bike. Was suppose to be week 14 then went to 16 now saying they are behind with the testing side of things and cant give a despatch date. Very patience person but now the weather looks good and bank holidays coming up getting a bit peed off now!!!. :evil:

Comments

• smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Massive waiting list, lots of people effected. Just keep bugging them.
  • southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    They are the hottest bikes in town at the moment, so very long waiting list.

Of course, there will be lots of people selling them soon as they will be all too common..... :twisted:
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,610
    Mountain bike on order too....

Luckily (??) I have a month in Algeria to spend before mine gets here so I could nt use it anyway...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • I've not read anything about any delays due to quality issues?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • AllanES
    AllanES Posts: 151
    I had Canyon down as a possible for my imminent new bike purchase but reading comments on the forums here has kind of put me off buying a Canyon :-(
    Red Triban 3
    Giant Defy 1
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,610
    It's the reason they re cheap Allan...Go to the LBS you ll pay 30-40% more, but you ll have it tomorrow.
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    AllanES wrote:
    I had Canyon down as a possible for my imminent new bike purchase but reading comments on the forums here has kind of put me off buying a Canyon :-(

If it's the bike you really want, then it's worth waiting for. If you buy another one, just because it is available, will you still pine after the Canyon?
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    edited May 2013
    If you fancy a drive down to Kingston this weekend they are having a UK open day ?? + you can BOOK a ride on one of there bikes. think i will wait till they come 300 miles north 8)

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... n-day.html
  • AllanES
    AllanES wrote:

If it's the bike you really want, then it's worth waiting for. If you buy another one, just because it is available, will you still pine after the Canyon?

TBH it was only one of a few on my list. The fact I couldn't try it out first was already against it. The fact delivery might be delayed would drive me mad. I'm afraid once I've decided I want to buy something I have to have it ASAP :)
    Red Triban 3
    Giant Defy 1
  • AllanES
    ddraver wrote:
    It's the reason they re cheap Allan...Go to the LBS you ll pay 30-40% more, but you ll have it tomorrow.

Which will suit an impatient person like me much better! :)
    Red Triban 3
    Giant Defy 1
  • merkin
    merkin Posts: 452
    I got mine in a week.
    Sorry, that probably doesn't help you though.
  • chigman
    chigman Posts: 163
    AllanES wrote:

Exactly. That's the very reason that I haven't cancelled my order. I know I would regret it if I did.
    Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 7.0
    Cube Crossteam Hybrid
  • simmo3801
    simmo3801 Posts: 486
    Just been browsing their site looking at the Roadlite AL 7.0 when I look at availability all sizes show in stock and they have a footnote that

*** A bike which is available from stock will be passed on to our forwarder in 2-5 working days. During delivery the progress of your consignment may be tracked via the service provider's own tracking service

Is this not the case then? It's a cracking looking bike with full ultegra. I was previously looking at a Giant Defy 1 but for 100 quid more I could have ultegra over 105, better wheels so no need to upgrade and 1.5 kgs less in weight.

The only thing holding me back is I don't think they will take mudguards unless anyone can tell me otherwise?

What bikes are you all waiting on?
    Giant Anthem X3 2013
  • TakeTurns
    TakeTurns Posts: 1,075
    Agree with the Canyons being common comment.

I was stopped by a police officer (long story short). He was derogatory towards my bike and asked why I didn't have a Canyon.

Well, he can suck it, because I ain't paying that £80 fine.
  • ben16v
    ben16v Posts: 296
    ordered cf 7 which is the same frame as last years slx last week and got it in 10 days no hassle - it did say from stock and not a week number though
    i need more bikes
  • ben16v wrote:
    ordered cf 7 which is the same frame as last years slx

Who told you that?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Canyon tweeted yesterday about their test ride day. I responded commenting that I was tempted by the Ultimate CF SLX but that the delays in delivery where putting me off. Their response was that they 'did' have delays, but the delivery weeks currently shown on the website were now accurate...!!
    Still trying to convince the missus of the n+1 rule...!
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    The CF SLX isn't available on the test day, by the looks of it ..
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
  • Steve236
    Steve236 Posts: 212
    simmo3801 wrote:
    Just been browsing their site looking at the Roadlite AL 7.0 when I look at availability all sizes show in stock and they have a footnote that

*** A bike which is available from stock will be passed on to our forwarder in 2-5 working days. During delivery the progress of your consignment may be tracked via the service provider's own tracking service

Is this not the case then? It's a cracking looking bike with full ultegra. I was previously looking at a Giant Defy 1 but for 100 quid more I could have ultegra over 105, better wheels so no need to upgrade and 1.5 kgs less in weight.

The only thing holding me back is I don't think they will take mudguards unless anyone can tell me otherwise?

What bikes are you all waiting on?

My experience of buying a Canyon that was marked as in stock (Ultimate AL 7.0) was that it was delivered 6 days after I placed the order so no complaints from me.
  • ben16v
    ben16v Posts: 296
    ben16v wrote:
    ordered cf 7 which is the same frame as last years slx

Who told you that?

i have the 2012 slx 8.0 and just had the 2013 cf 7.0 delivered for the girlfriend and i cannot see a single difference between the frames apart from colour (although both are naked) and size 56 vs 54.
    everything is identical to the eye - from the headtube and the way the toptube and downtube are connected, the rear stays and where they connect by the seatpost and to the rear dropouts and the bottom bracket area including the seattube being flat on one side and flared on the other.
    i appreciate this is my opinion but i cannot seee anything to suggest its not, including sizing as the cf still uses 54, 56 etc not med, large and the claimed weight for both bikes - 6.8kg for mine with DA, krysium elite and 7.45 for the GF with 105, krysium equipe.
    i need more bikes
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,062
    for the money you'll save it'll be worth the annoying wait, be patient good things come to he/she whos waits

Popular they might be but they're also not knocking these out by the 10s of thousands ..yet!
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • kayo74
    Happy happy happy got the due date for the beast!!. Nice one Canyon.
  • Coudy
    Coudy Posts: 16
    Wenn? Which bike? Did you ask them for the date or did they send it automatically? I am still waiting... CW11-CW15-CW16, now delay another 2-3 weeks...
  • kayo74
    Coudy wrote:
    Wenn? Which bike? Did you ask them for the date or did they send it automatically? I am still waiting... CW11-CW15-CW16, now delay another 2-3 weeks...
    Coudy
    Mine was suppose to be week 14 then delayed but just got confirmation of despatch on 20/05 email direct from Canyon Got the CF SLX 9.0 with SRAM. Good luck on your's be worth the wait.
  • Coudy
    Coudy Posts: 16
    Thank you Kayo, I am waiting for CF SLX 8.0, black and white, XL with Dura. After 6 months of waiting still no sign of bike. :-(
  • raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    TakeTurns wrote:
    Agree with the Canyons being common comment.

I was stopped by a police officer (long story short). He was derogatory towards my bike and asked why I didn't have a Canyon.

Well, he can suck it, because I ain't paying that £80 fine.

You got fined £80 'cause you didn't have a Canyon?!! Jeez!!!
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • TakeTurns
    TakeTurns Posts: 1,075
    Not Quite.

I freewheeled passed a red light which I knew was about to turn green. Which it did, a second later. It wasn't a junction, nor were there any pedestrians. Just an officer whos interest was about getting his commission, rather than caring for citizens. :roll:
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    I've not read anything about any delays due to quality issues?
    This is the email I received 3 weeks ago regarding my order (see my footer)
    Our aim in the production of the Ultimate CF SLX has been to produce a superbly engineered frameset designed for top level cycle sport. With the first orders having been successfully shipped for the new product, we discovered in the course of our standard Quality Assurance process that some products were not up to our high standards.

In order to ensure every single frameset meets these rigorous standards we have had to implement some additional quality checks. Our colleagues in the quality control department are now working around the clock to check every single frameset and give final approval. Every frameset that passes our quality control checks will be immediately passed on to our production facility for subsequent assembly and delivery to the customer.

I emailed them today and have finally got a delivery date for the bike I ordered on 7 Nov 2012. Shipment will be during the week of 24 June. I've already been sent bib shorts and a jersey as an apology and they have promised Oakley Jawbones will be shipped with the bike FOC.

It's been a long time, I hope it's worth it.
  • kayo74
    Gozmodo
    What did you write in your email to get that lot???. You must tell?.