Waiting for Canyon!!

Comments

• chigman
    chigman Posts: 163
    This is my last Email from Canyon after a phone call to them. I ordered my bike on 2/1/13. I was originally down as week 16.

"Many thanks for your phone call. Appologies for not getting back to you straight away, we are a small office and often get inundated with calls and messages.

I have looked up your order on our system and I can tell you that your bike will be shipped the week of 27.05.13.

It could ship on any day during the week in question, and once its been handed off to UPS they typically take 5-8 days to deliver to the UK."

I am still not confident that they are going to keep to this date - there is no consistency with Canyon Bikes.
    Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 7.0
    Cube Crossteam Hybrid
  • kayo74
    kayo74 Posts: 299
    chigman wrote:
    This is my last Email from Canyon after a phone call to them. I ordered my bike on 2/1/13. I was originally down as week 16.

"Many thanks for your phone call. Appologies for not getting back to you straight away, we are a small office and often get inundated with calls and messages.

I have looked up your order on our system and I can tell you that your bike will be shipped the week of 27.05.13.

It could ship on any day during the week in question, and once its been handed off to UPS they typically take 5-8 days to deliver to the UK."

I am still not confident that they are going to keep to this date - there is no consistency with Canyon Bikes.

Same email I got just my despatch date the week before, as you say not overly confident on the date given either.
  • jezzpalmer
    jezzpalmer Posts: 389
    Gizmodo wrote:
    I emailed them today and have finally got a delivery date for the bike I ordered on 7 Nov 2012. Shipment will be during the week of 24 June. I've already been sent bib shorts and a jersey as an apology and they have promised Oakley Jawbones will be shipped with the bike FOC.

It's been a long time, I hope it's worth it.

Same here, w/b 24th June, I ordered mine 12th Oct original del was week 11, so week 26 isn't bad LOL.
    I'm hoping they'll not forget the Oakleys as the missus wants them, though thought they we M-Frames?

I'm sure it'll be worth it. I hope. :D
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    jezzpalmer wrote:
    Same here, w/b 24th June, I ordered mine 12th Oct original del was week 11, so week 26 isn't bad LOL.
    I'm hoping they'll not forget the Oakleys as the missus wants them, though thought they we M-Frames?

I'm sure it'll be worth it. I hope. :D
    You're right, M Frames. I must dig that letter out just in case they forget.
  • lm_trek
    lm_trek Posts: 1,470
    There comms is a bit slow, but im comparing that to buying my OH's mtb last september, bike was in stock invoice next day, shipped on tuesday arrived on friday.

My Roadlite ive ordered on sunday, only got the invoice yesterday and credit card charged today, but still nothing no email or ups tracking, but hey i know the wait will be worth it. I doubt my new bike will arrive tomorrow.
  • kayo74
    Finally got the letter from Germany and all set to post out this coming week, and for my patience are sending out jersey, bibs and a pair of Oakleys so slightly happy with that. Fingers crossed the right bike turns up and all in tack.
  • kayo74
    kayo74 wrote:
    Finally got the letter from Germany and all set to post out this coming week, and for my patience are sending out jersey, bibs and a pair of Oakleys so slightly happy with that. Fingers crossed the right bike turns up and all in tack.

The bike did turn up last Tuesday but then opened the mavic rear wheel bag to see that one of the spokes had snapped in transit due to UPS as the bike box was taped up rather shockingly so now waiting for new one but with Canyon there is never any rush. So £3600 of bike still in box gutted!!.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,657
    right i'm gonna stop reading your posts now, you re making me nervous! ;)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Gizmodo
    ddraver wrote:
    right i'm gonna stop reading your posts now, you re making me nervous! ;)
    Nervous is an understatement! Still, even if I'd ordered a bike from my LBS there could have been delays. Another 3 weeks wait for me!
  • ddraver
    Yep, me too

Hopefully a MTB wheel is stronger though :-S
    - @ddraver
  • Gizmodo
    ARRRRRRRGH!

Just spoken to Canyon UK about my Ultmate that is SUPPOSED to be coming this week - it hasn't been picked and my name is not on the list they sent from the factory on Friday :evil:

They promised to see what the feck is going on and get back to me tomorrow - but it aint looking good!

This is now taking the pith! Middle of November last year I ordered this, the first delivery date was middle of March!
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    That's a bit pants :(
  • ddraver
    OK, mines still on schedule...schedule is still 2 weeks away though :(
    - @ddraver
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Not sure if you saw a post I wrote in another thread that was deleted.

Friend of mine who owns a bike shop in Germany, says there is a shortage of Canyons coming through. They had a big batch destroyed somehow. The knock on effect being that to get all the models out before the 2014 models go into production they will either have to offer a delayed 2014 model to people waiting or refund. Though that is an exceptional circumstance. They do not want to admit there is a supply chain problem and prefer to just keep delaying until they can get the bikes out. This was told to me a few days ago, he says it's a rumour but he usually knows what he is talking about. He Does a lot of race and sportive sponsorships and has his ear to the ground on a lot of bike related stuff. Told me a few things about Rose bikes that really put me off them, but I won't go into them in case it scares people off.

All the same, if you have one on order just keep bugging them. Hopefully anyone waiting will have their bike soon as they are excellent bikes.
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    man who owns a bike shop starts rumours slagging off direct-sell bike brands shocker
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    He was not slagging them off. In fact he thinks they are brilliant. We know lots of Canyon owners we ride with. Its just a fact he knows because funnily enough, he gets his components from the same place the Bike builders do like Focus, Ghost, Canyon, Rose to name but a few. The delay to customers in the UK is the same for the Germans who are just as much frustrated in the delays in getting their bike. Just cos the guy owns a shop doesn't automatically mean he goes shouting from the rooftops that online only sales are rubbish. Far from it. He only told me because we were talking about Canyons and he mentioned it in passing. He knows I would only buy Bianchi's so its not like I care.
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    in which case I take it all back.

if they lost a container-load of frames into the South China Sea, that would certainly help explain the delays. If any of our international members finds said container washed up on a beach in the Philippines, please do let us know! :P
  • Thanks for the heads up on current delays. I ordered mine 10 days ago; the money's reserved in my bank account but hasn't yet been taken. I spoke to a nice man in Kingston this morning who said my bike is currently being assembled. Fingers crossed it might get dispatched soon.
  • chrisaonabike
    chrisaonabike Posts: 1,914
    Thanks for the heads up on current delays. I ordered mine 10 days ago; the money's reserved in my bank account but hasn't yet been taken. I spoke to a nice man in Kingston this morning who said my bike is currently being assembled. Fingers crossed it might get dispatched soon.
    :shock:

If this is who I think it is, I shall need to mind what I say in future...
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • Gizmodo
    Spoken to Canyon again today and mine is in the production area being built - it will ship this week :D

The delays are primarily with the "Ultimate" frame I believe, not sure on delays of others. I ordered mine in November and the original delivery date was mid March :?
  • mechanism
    mechanism Posts: 891
    Were there significant changes to the CF SLX in 2013?

From the other thread it seems they turned out to be more complicated to manufacture than expected so maybe a few didn't make it through QC
  • Gizmodo
    Mechanism wrote:
    Were there significant changes to the CF SLX in 2013?

From the other thread it seems they turned out to be more complicated to manufacture than expected so maybe a few didn't make it through QC
    That was the gist of one email Canyon sent me apologising for the delays. I shouldn't complain I suppose, they sent me free bib shorts and jersey in Jan and another set is on its way, oh and they have promised me a pair of Oakley M Frames will be in the box with the bike.

I'll just be glad when I can ride it, it was supposed to be my birthday present, that was in March. :?
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    I dont understand why people are so disgruntled about late delivery.
    People go to local bike shops and buy off the peg for a reason.
  • dwanes wrote:
    I dont understand why people are so disgruntled about late delivery.
    People go to local bike shops and buy off the peg for a reason.

I ordered a frame from a bike shop in Bristol in 1994. It still hasn't arrived.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Yep..still waiting for mine. Ordered on 23rd Jan, scheduled delivery wk 24, then wk 26 and now wk 28. The German bloke I spoke with yesterday said I should expect my delivery by the 15th July ..hopefully 2013!!
    Mat
  • My Roadlite 7.0 arrived on Friday! I ordered it on Sunday 16th so that was a 12 day wait (although I was told that if I wanted the 12-30 cassette and a lady's saddle then I'd have to wait until August - given all your comments I just asked for a standard bike and we've changed the cassette already).

Took it out for a 16-mile ride this morning. It's not the fastest bike ( ahem, :) ) but otherwise it was a great ride. So far I'm very happy with it.
  • chrisaonabike
    chrisaonabike Posts: 1,914
    I was told that if I wanted the 12-30 cassette and a lady's saddle then I'd have to wait until August
    The bike did arrive nicely packed in perfect condition AFAWCT, everything was present, and it was easy enough to put it all together. It looks very nice indeed, and she's already a lot more comfortable on it than the other bikes she tried.

However, they offer options on the cassette and saddle, we picked the options.. and then they said it would be a six week wait to get two bits that are in fact in stock at Wiggle.

IMO that's a bit shite.

There's a clue, however. The packing slip says that the bike was packed in Oct 2012. Which seems a long time ago for something that was ordered a fortnight ago.

Do they just not have the resources to unpack a box and fit new bits?
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • ddraver
    Next week
    Next week
    Next week
    Next week
    Next week
    Next week
    Next week
    Next week
    Next week
    Next week
    Next week
    Next week
    Next week
    - @ddraver
  • cedargreen
    cedargreen Posts: 189
    No doubt these bikes are good value for money, but people waiting since November last year for their order makes me wonder whether they have got caught up in the hype and lost the plot a little.

When I bought a custom frame from a British builder a few years ago it took about 12 weeks- I think their waiting time is now almost double this due to greater popularity but that's for a unique custom built made-to-measure frame with your own choice of paint etc, not to mention choice of groupset, wheels, finishing kit etc right down to the colour of the bar tape.

There's no way I'd be waiting that long for an off the shelf mass-produced bike, but then Canyon is German and we Brits do seem to fawn over anything German to the point of losing critical faculties. If this was a British company this thread would be full of advice about consumer rights and the rest- people moan about Ribble if stuff takes more than a couple of days to be despatched.