What a great win that was.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    BIG RING FUCKING HEAVYWEIGHT RIDING

PANACHE PERSONIFIED
    Contador is the Greatest
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Kreuziger wins and a bunch sprint. Perhaps the result the "new" race deserved?
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,920
    Sagan totally no where. I find it funny that everyone hails him as the next biggest thing in cycling yet when it comes to the big classics it's like his legs decide to stay at home. Maybe Sagan will be known as the chipper king.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    Am I the only one happy about sagan being know where
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • frenchfighter
    Would have been wonderful if Gilbert arrived 2nd in solo
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Am I the only one happy about sagan being know where

Nope :lol:
    Although it depends on the way of the win
    Contador is the Greatest
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    rozzer32 wrote:
    Sagan totally no where. I find it funny that everyone hails him as the next biggest thing in cycling yet when it comes to the big classics it's like his legs decide to stay at home. Maybe Sagan will be known as the chipper king.

Is this genuine?
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Provisional placings... Valverde won the sprint for second place ahead of Gerrans, Meersman and Gilbert.
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Sagan nowhere. Not sure what happened there. Shame that Valverde got on the podium but otherwise a great race.

Gilbert looks to be in great shape for FW and LBL.
  • hah, Gilbert still thinks he's on mad drugs.

Good race.
    1968, human content on bitumen.
  • frenchfighter
    Kreuziger's legs were on fire today. Superb. Love it. A win like that is worth 20 sprint wins.

Where was JTL. His form has gone backwards since joining Sky.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rozzer32
    ThomThom wrote:
    rozzer32 wrote:

Is this genuine?

For a guy who loves to do all his celebrating and wheelies etc he just never seems to go that last 5% at the big classics. Maybe he just hasn't got a celebration that's up to the big classic standard yet.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    Well done Kreuziger, excellent race and a deserved win. Also great ride by Asterloza, would have loved him to hold on. It was nice to see one of my favourite riders, Nordhaug, showing a return to form too. Who was the Sky rider up there in the sprint? Looked to heavy for Uran or Henao :?
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    ThomThom wrote:
    rozzer32 wrote:

Is this genuine?

eh?

1st one dayer all year that he's in top 2

2nd in Flanders and MSR.

Tough crowd.

T
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • frenchfighter
    Will be very annoying if Rodriguez is out for the rest of the Ardennes. His favourite week of the year.

Annoying that that loser Gerrans is on the podium.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    rozzer32 wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:
    rozzer32 wrote:

Is this genuine?

For a guy who loves to do all his celebrating and wheelies etc he just never seems to go that last 5% at the big classics. Maybe he just hasn't got a celebration that's up to the big classic standard yet.

23 years old and hardly missed a podium this year. Tough crowd!
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Nice win.

Enjoyed that.

Some PTP carnage too......
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    rather gerrans than piti
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • frenchfighter
    Pross wrote:
    Well done Kreuziger, excellent race and a deserved win. Also great ride by Asterloza, would have loved him to hold on. It was nice to see one of my favourite riders, Nordhaug, showing a return to form too. Who was the Sky rider up there in the sprint? Looked to heavy for Uran or Henao :?

He was with Sky with the last three years. He just joined Blanco. Sky must have picked him up very cheaply.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Kreuziger's legs were on fire today. Superb. Love it. A win like that is worth 20 sprint wins.

Punctured at 45km to go:
    Jonathan T-Locke
    @J_T_Locke
    Puncture with 45k to go in Amstel. Race in full flight. No amount of sticky bottles were getting me back today.

4:06pm · 14 Apr 13
  • Pross
    Nice win.

Enjoyed that.

Some PTP carnage too......

I got a second, doubt anyone picked Kreuziger and no-one else had Valv when I last looked, not sure if that is people letting their principles rule their heads (fools) as it seems odd no-one would pick him in this race.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382

Maybe you shouldn't jump to conclusions?

Jonathan T-Locke ‏@J_T_Locke 5m
    Puncture with 45k to go in Amstel. Race in full flight. No amount of sticky bottles were getting me back today.
  • frenchfighter
    1 Roman Kreuziger (Cze) Team Saxo-Tinkoff
    2 Alejandro Valverde Belmonte (Spa) Movistar Team
    3 Simon Gerrans (Aus) Orica-GreenEdge
    4 Philippe Gilbert (Bel) BMC Racing Team
    5 Gianni Meersman (Bel) Omega Pharma-Quick Step
    6 Pieter Weening (Ned) Orica-GreenEdge
    7 Björn Leukemans (Bel) Vacansoleil-DCM Pro Cycling Team
    8 Enrico Gasparotto (Ita) Astana Pro Team
    9 Giampaolo Caruso (Ita) Katusha
    10 Fabian Wegmann (Ger) Garmin-Sharp

Thanks for the info on JTL. Even without today he has been worse this year.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rozzer32
    ThomThom wrote:
    rozzer32 wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:
    rozzer32 wrote:

Is this genuine?

23 years old and hardly missed a podium this year. Tough crowd!

Maybe I am being a bit harsh but everyone bigs him up and he bigs himself up with all these celebrations. I wouldn't mind the celebrations if he was winning all the big races but he's not. He's won some chippers. Maybe it will come with time. I suppose it's a bit like with David Haye. Bigs himself up as the best boxer in the world yet gets battered by Klitschko, but then thinks he is a quality boxer again when he beats Chisora. Suppose I'm just being a bit harsh and if I was half the cyclist Sagan is then I'd be over the moon.
  • Pross
    Pross wrote:

He was with Sky with the last three years. He just joined Blanco. Sky must have picked him up very cheaply.

:?: I know he was with Sky and moved to Rabo, I'm not sure what your point is? He was right up there last year? until Cunego wiped him out but has been out of action for a while due to injury.
  • Pross
    1 Roman Kreuziger (Cze) Team Saxo-Tinkoff
    2 Alejandro Valverde Belmonte (Spa) Movistar Team
    3 Simon Gerrans (Aus) Orica-GreenEdge
    4 Philippe Gilbert (Bel) BMC Racing Team
    5 Gianni Meersman (Bel) Omega Pharma-Quick Step
    6 Pieter Weening (Ned) Orica-GreenEdge
    7 Björn Leukemans (Bel) Vacansoleil-DCM Pro Cycling Team
    8 Enrico Gasparotto (Ita) Astana Pro Team
    9 Giampaolo Caruso (Ita) Katusha
    10 Fabian Wegmann (Ger) Garmin-Sharp

Thanks for the info on JTL. Even without today he has been worse this year.

Did I imagine seeing a Sky jersey in that front group? Must have been Garmin :?