Retard thinks Muddyfox BMX is better than GT

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    GT Make some very nice bikes. Supersonic owns a couple of them. The Athertons and Mark Beaumont own some more.

Yours is shlt though.

Does a Chucker still count as a nice GT in your opinion?
    And how about this one, this was my dads but he said i could have it. My dad likes the Marin more. Its got deore shifters and brakes (apart from the front brake) Its higher spec than my Arrowhead. Double wall Alesa rims too.

SDC11026_zps850a40be.jpg

That is a 1996 bike, the second from the bottom of the GT pile if I remember.
  • snoopsmydogg
    snoopsmydogg Posts: 1,110
    Well there you go. So i can say his bike exceeds his abilities, since my bike doesnt exceed my bikes abilities :)

*Corrected

No you can't, he may plod around but be an absolute monster on the trails. I however am a fat tw@t who used to ride an avalanche :wink:

Still have the frame and forks and considered building it up but I have no need for two hard tails
  • Ouija
    Ouija Posts: 1,386
    edited April 2013
    Your GT's not a bad hybrid/commuter bike. But the combination of that riser bar and stem doesn't help. The fact that the seat is tilted backwards is a good sign that your sitting too upright. Ideally, the seat should be level and the handlebar grips level with the seat (unless you've got the seat set way too low for your leg length). I have two mountain bike frames adapted for Hybrid/commuting with hi rise stems, but not anywhere near that length and used in conjunction with flat bars, not risers. Not conventional looking bikes by any means (certainly nothing to flaunt in front of the average mountain biker if your trying to impress them) but even i'd do a double take if you road past me on that GT.

Not too sure about those red outer cables either (but maybe that's just me).
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    supersonic wrote:
    GT Make some very nice bikes. Supersonic owns a couple of them. The Athertons and Mark Beaumont own some more.

Yours is shlt though.

And how about this one, this was my dads but he said i could have it. My dad likes the Marin more. Its got deore shifters and brakes (apart from the front brake) Its higher spec than my Arrowhead. Double wall Alesa rims too.

SDC11026_zps850a40be.jpg

You dont think I'm giving him anything expensive to play with do you ;)
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • gt-arrowhead
    gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507
    Ouija wrote:
    Your GT's not a bad hybrid/commuter bike. But the combination of that riser bar and stem doesn't help. The fact that the seat is tilted backwards is a good sign that your sitting too upright. Ideally, the seat should be level and the handlebar grips level with the seat (unless you've got the seat set way too low for your leg length). I have two mountain bike frames adapted for Hybrid/commuting with hi rise stems, but not anywhere near that length and used in conjunction with flat bars, not risers. Not conventional looking bikes by any means (certainly nothing to flaunt in front of the average mountain biker if your trying to impress them) but even i'd do a double take if you road past me on that GT.

Not too sure about those red outer cables either (but maybe that's just me).

Yeah i know what you mean with the positioning. I had different bars on there before with less rise but i swapped with my brother and these are what my brother had. I just spoke to another forum member and ive agreed to buying a flat stem from him, so that will go on there for sure. I chose that stem angle because it was very similar to the kind of height and angling i was getting with my quill setup and i was happy with the riding position. Hence the ridiculous angle.
    Yeah im not liking the red outers anymore either. I used to have red wall tyres so it went really well the those tyres but i recently changed them. I think ill leave the bike as it is (apart from the new stem and possibly handlebars somewhere in the shed) until i get my Chucker all done. The seat will come up a few CMs so that i dont have to stand up to get speed as much as i do now. Does a make a massive difference.
    I tend to like having a more "relaxed" riding position as oppose to leaning over onto the bike more like a roadie. I carry quite a heavy bag into school and thats why i like to have a more upright position when im riding. But ive gotta lose that stem. It looks ugly. Ill get a spacer or 2 underneath the new stem to still give me a bit of rise still. But not as much.
    Im by no means trying to show off. It does look that way with the red cables and all that but i like to have a few colours on my bike.
    And thanks alot for not giving me a hard time like other people are, and actually talking properly. Cheers :)
  • gt-arrowhead
    Gazlar wrote:
    supersonic wrote:

Yours is shlt though.

SDC11026_zps850a40be.jpg

You dont think I'm giving him anything expensive to play with do you ;)

Hahaha :lol: Nice one Gazlar :lol:

And yeah, i heard this is a very common GT bike in America. (apparently so the 2nd most common GT)

I dont know why but the Arrowhead seems to be very uncommon. On things like headset finders where you can choose the make and model of your bike to find the correct headset, the Arrowhead wasnt listed. And it wasnt listed on the GT Bikes Wikipedia page either, but there were a few GT bikes that i havent heard of before that were listed on there. I havent seen another Arrowhead in the flesh either. I find that a bit odd.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    YVW and remember GTs are ridden by the best riders (thats why I have 2 and Mrs G's) Just remember, dont get fighting with the other kids about who's bike is better, its not their fault that they are pikeys and can only afford a bike from Sports Direct......play nicely
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Ouija
    Ouija Posts: 1,386

Yeah i know what you mean with the positioning. I had different bars on there before with less rise but i swapped with my brother and these are what my brother had. I just spoke to another forum member and ive agreed to buying a flat stem from him, so that will go on there for sure. I chose that stem angle because it was very similar to the kind of height and angling i was getting with my quill setup and i was happy with the riding position. Hence the ridiculous angle.
    Yeah im not liking the red outers anymore either. I used to have red wall tyres so it went really well the those tyres but i recently changed them. I think ill leave the bike as it is (apart from the new stem and possibly handlebars somewhere in the shed) until i get my Chucker all done. The seat will come up a few CMs so that i dont have to stand up to get speed as much as i do now. Does a make a massive difference.
    I tend to like having a more "relaxed" riding position as oppose to leaning over onto the bike more like a roadie. I carry quite a heavy bag into school and thats why i like to have a more upright position when im riding. But ive gotta lose that stem. It looks ugly. Ill get a spacer or 2 underneath the new stem to still give me a bit of rise still. But not as much.
    Im by no means trying to show off. It does look that way with the red cables and all that but i like to have a few colours on my bike.
    And thanks alot for not giving me a hard time like other people are, and actually talking properly. Cheers :)

Supersonics Hybrid is probably a good example of how to do it IMO.
    sm-3_zpsd807526e.jpg

My old clunker

MaxLightSide.jpg
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Ideally, the seat should be level and the handlebar grips level with the seat

Why? The former is personal, the latter is bollocks - lower front end is more aero, and assuming you can get the power down is faster. But some will find less comfortable.
  • gt-arrowhead
    Gazlar wrote:
    YVW and remember GTs are ridden by the best riders (thats why I have 2 and Mrs G's) Just remember, dont get fighting with the other kids about who's bike is better, its not their fault that they are pikeys and can only afford a bike from Sports Direct......play nicely

I read your thread on your blue GT, looks very very nice!
    How did you know he was a pikey? His dad actually works in a dump. And im certain that he steals bikes (which i end up buying for £2.50, £5.00 or ridiculously low prices) and those 2 reasons are how i now have 10 of my 12 bikes. I got that Marin for £22.50 believe it or not! Its mental, but im lucky i guess.
  • gt-arrowhead
    Ouija wrote:

Supersonics Hybrid is probably a good example of how to do it IMO.
    sm-3_zpsd807526e.jpg

My old clunker

MaxLightSide.jpg

I think both those bikes are beauties. And i can see what you mean with the stem angle on your bike. Im definitely going to sort out my Arrowhead in the not so distant future. Ill update my build thread once its done. I dont think anyone wants to really see it though, but i will make the effort since i do like it, no matter how old it is. Thanks alot.
  • Gazlar wrote:

I read your thread on your blue GT, looks very very nice!
    How did you know he was a pikey? His dad actually works in a dump. And im certain that he steals bikes (which i end up buying for £2.50, £5.00 or ridiculously low prices) and those 2 reasons are how i now have 10 of my 12 bikes. I got that Marin for £22.50 believe it or not! Its mental, but im lucky i guess.

You outta be careful there... If you have belief that he is stealing them and you are knowingly buying them off him, and he or you get caught you could be in a whole world of shit for handling stolen goods.

At least I think that's how it works.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • gt-arrowhead
    Yeah, that sometimes does scare me. Ive only been suspicious of 2 bikes so far. That Marin...for £22.50? Hmm... and that Arrowhead was 100% stolen IMO. but if it was, then it wasnt him that stole it. The rest were obviously left out somewhere or thrown in a dump.

I always ask him where he gets them and he doesnt sound suspicious. Its just the fact that he gets so many that makes me think he steals them.

Im going to turn down any bike he has now unless its another gem like that Marin from now on anyhow. I have too many.

Thanks for that.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    im lucky i guess.

Playing fast and loose with the word 'lucky' there eh?!

Judging by the state of that Marin it was definitely dumped! People generally steal good bikes.
  • gt-arrowhead
    njee20 wrote:
    im lucky i guess.

Playing fast and loose with the word 'lucky' there eh?!

Judging by the state of that Marin it was definitely dumped! People generally steal good bikes.

Yeah i guess am i playing it a bit loosely. Dont wanna see the original owner, that would definitely be "unlucky" :lol:

Well if it was dumped it wouldnt have been dumped for long, not a single piece of rust on it or indeed any sign of being neglected for a long time. Thats why i think he nicked it.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    I thought people from the North were trashy, not the south.
  • gt-arrowhead
    If you mean North as in North London then yes, there are some very trashy people.
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    bugger missed it

welcome to the CC arrowhead you survived your first burn only a few more steps to go.

now if you are seriously 16 post a pic of your mum and we will teach you about ditches, limes and chopped liver, if shes hot we will tell you where maddie is
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    ive got to be honest with you, i think GT bikes, especially satin black with red trim GT bikes, are webbo.
  • gt-arrowhead
    mak3m wrote:
    bugger missed it

welcome to the CC arrowhead you survived your first burn only a few more steps to go.

now if you are seriously 16 post a pic of your mum and we will teach you about ditches, limes and chopped liver, if shes hot we will tell you where maddie is

Haha. Cheers :)

I am seriously 16
    And NO!
    :lol:
  • gt-arrowhead
    ive got to be honest with you, i think GT bikes, especially satin black with red trim GT bikes, are webbo.

What do you mean by "webbo"?

Anyway, just did my 50k (i did 51k cos i went down the wrong way for about 1k :lol: ) road ride for charity. The roads we went on were very nice. Went from Enfield to Broxbourne and around that area then back into Enfield. I dont think ive seen ive seen so many Specialized bikes in my life! :shock: 3/4 of the bikers we saw up there were on specialized racing/road bikes.

The Arrowhead was absolutely faultess for the whole journey. Was brilliant. The only thing i can fault it on was that something started to creak when i pushed down on the left pedal about 10-15k from the end. Didnt get a single puncture either somehow. Surprised hugely at that since my tyres are wafer thin. Probably because theres nothing to cause punctures in the country roads. No drunks to smash bottles! The seat really hurt my arse though. I should have bought some paded shorts. Eventually got used to the pain and cracked on. Other than the seat, everything was fine.
    Me and my mate left everyone and ended up finishing together. The finish line was meant to be in school but since we asked to just go ahead they said we can go home. So we split up in town. Massively surprised i managed to easily stay with him since he was on a Specialized Allez.

Im not even that tired if im honest. Just got burning legs on the uphill parts of the ride and thats about it really.
    All in all a great ride and im glad that i helped out the charity called Whizz Kids.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    mak3m wrote:
    bugger missed it

Haha. Cheers :)

I am seriously 16
    And NO!
    :lol:
    If you post a pic of your mum, sheeps will post a pic of his. She lives in Rhyl. If you're ever there look her up - only costs a fiver.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    What if she's hot? Rhyl milfs are the best
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Not like Megan Fox, more like Mangy Dog.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • gt-arrowhead
    I just googled "Mangy Dog"...

It is very harsh to call someones mum that. LOL!!
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Hello
    I've been following this thread for the last hour or so where upon I've managed to read it all.
    I do follow the arguments and most interesting they've been, with opinion swinging to and fro almost twixt posts.
    At the end of the day i must say that it took me back to my childhood where building bikes was a distraction from working down pit. Where the search for the best 'knobbly' tyres needed a trip into South Shields and suspension was unheard of.
    Looking at your achievement with what you had to work with and the years of technology at your disposal you really have managed to turn it into a dog of a bike
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • Jimbob_no5
    Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
    fuck me he's not tried to have the cc shut down due to the abuse! About time i came back on here, so rarely do these days, good to see the gang of crudders is still here raining abuse down on the specially needed folks :D
    Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
    1) Drink is not my friend
    2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • gt-arrowhead
    Richie63 wrote:
    Hello
    I've been following this thread for the last hour or so where upon I've managed to read it all.
    I do follow the arguments and most interesting they've been, with opinion swinging to and fro almost twixt posts.
    At the end of the day i must say that it took me back to my childhood where building bikes was a distraction from working down pit. Where the search for the best 'knobbly' tyres needed a trip into South Shields and suspension was unheard of.
    Looking at your achievement with what you had to work with and the years of technology at your disposal you really have managed to turn it into a dog of a bike

I never intended to spend heaps of money on my first bike build and since it was my first bike build, you can understand that i didnt know what was good and whats not. Ive learnt quite a lot since building this bike. and ive really only changed the wheels and tyres. The wheels werent even new.
    For example, at that time i literally bought the cheapest set of tyres from eBay purely because they had a red sidewall. I used to think they were amazing. Now that ive got these Michelins which are 1.4 instead of the old 1.95 i know ive been missing out on ALOT of tyre performance with those shitty tires i had. The same thing applies for many other of the components on this bike. For example my drivetrain. Front mech i snapped off on purpose, Altus crank, acera rear mech and a hyperglide cassette. Its shit.

I really was (still am) very limited with my funding and availability since my mum wasnt willing to give me any more than £100 to pretty much rebuild the whole bike. She wont even allow me to buy 2nd hand parts so you can understand me having to buy very low end and budget brand new parts. And leaving the original drivetrain on there.

At least im not like other people in my position who dont know jack sh1t about how to repair and fix a bike. To be honest id much rather have the knowledge and shit gear than have a really amazing bike and no idea how anything works, can be fixed, or maintained. And thats why i joined Bikeradar. I gained experience and learnt how to do stuff with bikes (excuse the word "stuff" LOL) like im very good at setting up V brakes now. But this forum is good for me too. Ive learnt sh1t loads in 2-3 months on here, because of the likes of very kind and useful people in specific Supersonic, TheBeginner, PashleyRider who always help me out with my questions and problems. And indeed everyone else that helps me.

I guarantee youll see my future bikes on here are going to be very much better than this Arrowhead though. Bikes are my favourite hobby so indeed i will splash out on bikes like 3/4 of the people on here do. But for the time being, limited funds = shit bikes. :wink:

By the way, anyone that has abused me and criticised me etc etc, no hard feelings. Its all just banter to me really. Im not gonna go hating on you for calling my bike shit and all the rest of it.
This discussion has been closed.