1234568»

Comments

• alanp23
    alanp23 Posts: 696
    ddraver wrote:
    The commentators....yep

No coverage at all!

Unless my Sky+ has fecked up.

Same here. One minute I am watching Boonen, EBH etc being chased by a group with Sagan at the back of the peloton, next minute Cancellara is off the front being chased by Sagan and Thomas etc.

Having perused the comments here...

I think in the highlights they cut the bit with no commentary out, so it went from 57km to 25km.
    And I missed the best bit of the race.
    :x
    Top Ten finisher - PTP Tour of Britain 2016
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    bettiniphoto_0137651_1_full_670.jpg
    Check out the rear derailleur

tumblr_mk301uyhO01qfcvrto1_500.gif
    tumblr_mk301uyhO01qfcvrto2_500.gif
    tumblr_mk301uyhO01qfcvrto3_500.gif
    tumblr_mk301uyhO01qfcvrto4_500.gif
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Check out Stannard's wheels. Also check out the watch on the mechanics wrist...

sky-mechanic-ian-stannard-flat-e3_2918980.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Fabian cancellara ‏@f_cancellara 23h
    Finally in the massage.holy molly that was a hard one today.happy happy for the win.you have to take it and not to wait.
    You never know what is tomorrow....forgot to finish my tweet. Thanks to the support from all over the world and of course the @RSLT boys.
    A big speciall thank goes to my wife and the kids at home without them propably i will be not back like now. #Rocky4 #motivation
    I do not belive that @justinbieber has time to follow over 123'000 i have 100 and sometimes not even time for that..! #busylife

Worth a watch:
    http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/stories/ ... oplay=true
    Contador is the Greatest
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Any good hires pics of Canc doling out the awesome at E3 FF?
  • frenchfighter
    Graeme_S wrote:
    Any good hires pics of Canc doling out the awesome at E3 FF?

No hi-res ones yet but will post up when I find them.

For now this one:
    shack-fabian-cancellara-attack-e3_2918948_zpsc6e876d3.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    cyclisme-wielrennen-e-drie-prijs-belgacycling-afp-cancellara-flag-fabian_2918973_zps29146d45.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n5rkzhT5As

Cancellara's attack at about 1:40 in (well most of it)
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    Check out Stannard's wheels. Also check out the watch on the mechanics wrist...

sky-mechanic-ian-stannard-flat-e3_2918980.jpg

also check out the adidas logo on the mechanic's trousers :lol:
  • That's what I love about the classics, he clearly lives local and Sky asked him to help in last year's classics in return for some free kit, and he's just carried on where he left off.

Either that or two races in three days is just too much. He'll be wearing a Team Sky onesie today
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Just watched this.

If this was 3 years ago we'd be raving and raving about it.

Outstanding.

I remember last year we were all saying before the Ronde that the Kwaremont suits Canc more than any other.

Eddy Plankaeart is of the opinion that on Flemish roads Cancellara is Merckx esq.

OPQS - have they been smoking the same stuff Rabo were?

Boonen absolutely not a favourite for the Ronde, even before his G-W crash.
  • frenchfighter
    I think there was a good amount of excitement for the Canc effort especially from me. But I agree that people are a bit blase about it - I guess that is the class of the highest sportmen: they make it look easy when in fact it is hugely difficult.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    I certainly admire Canc in full flow, I guess the problem is that once he goes like that the race is over with 30km to go. I think the Sagan factor makes this even worse as no-one is going to chase and pull Sagan back. What we need is a two man pursuit over those last kms!
  • frenchfighter
    Pross wrote:
    What we need is a two man pursuit over those last kms!

I like it either way but yes this would be incredible also. Like when Cancellara went against Boonen.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Just watched this.

Outstanding.

I remember last year we were all saying before the Ronde that the Kwaremont suits Canc more than any other.

Eddy Plankaeart is of the opinion that on Flemish roads Cancellara is Merckx esq.

For me it was played down a bit because I never actually got to see his attack on the EuroSport Highlights - apparently they had commentary sound issues so decided to cut out the most important part of the race and we jumped from 50k ish to 25k ish and Cancellara just appeared with a massive gap.

It was still impressive.. just less than If i'd seen the whole thing.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Pross wrote:
    What we need is a two man pursuit over those last kms!

I like it either way but yes this would be incredible also. Like when Cancellara went against Boonen.

It's a shame we are unlikely to see the 3 of them (Canc, Sagan, Boonen) all in top form in the same race this spring.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • rick_chasey
    Canc is going to SMASH it next weekend.
  • rick_chasey
    Just watched this.

Outstanding.

For me it was played down a bit because I never actually got to see his attack on the EuroSport Highlights - apparently they had commentary sound issues so decided to cut out the most important part of the race and we jumped from 50k ish to 25k ish and Cancellara just appeared with a massive gap.

It was still impressive.. just less than If i'd seen the whole thing.

Ah well he "demeraged" about a third of the way up the oude kwaremont (where he dropped Boonen in 2011) and Sagan took up the chase, but soon realised he couldn't follow. Partly looked like he was turning a tooth too small but noone could follow.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,243
    I hated this race and not just because of the boring inevitability of the last 30km. Cancellara is the beneficiary of huge amounts of WSOD for some reason I just do not understand.
  • rick_chasey
    WSOD?
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    It's either White Screen of Death or Willing Suspension of Disbelief.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,243
    Erm yes. Probably best if I try to remember not to post when drunk.