E3 Prijs Vlaanderen - *Spoilers*

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,395
    Even Canc knows everyone has given up....

G2 just rolling into the finish...shame :(
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Back under a minute!
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    ddraver wrote:

Yeah but would you tow Sagan to the finish only to have him beat you in the sprint? I wouldn't. If Sagan wants it, Sagan can try and get it on his own. I say this because I don't like Sagan.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Holding around 1 min.Chinny`s going at it like a Mansfield girl with a bag of chips. :lol:
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • ddraver
    Sagan at least looking like he has remembered he's in a race again. No one else really helping though...
    - @ddraver
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    ddraver wrote:

Yeah but would you tow Sagan to the finish only to have him beat you in the sprint? I wouldn't. If Sagan wants it, Sagan can try and get it on his own. I say this because I don't like Sagan.

What choice do they have though? They all need to start chasing or they are screwed anyway?
  • above_the_cows
    ddraver wrote:

What choice do they have though? They all need to start chasing or they are screwed anyway?

Agree. I guess they just have to choose what they want to do. As I say I'd probably rather race to make Sagan loose, than to win, but this is driven by my dislike of him it is not at all rational.
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    ddraver wrote:

Chavanel is waiting for Sagan to grab a snack before attacking
  • ddraver
    Frenchie exploding elsewhere on the forum...
    - @ddraver
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I like when Luigi just rides away and does a 30km solo TT to the finish holding off a group that are chasing.

It's very exciting
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    ddraver wrote:

I think even if they really want to chase 100%, knowing that they're dragging Sagan to the line has to knock some of the edge off. If this continues it's going to make it difficult for Sagan to win any classics unless he goes for it solo a la Cancellara/Boonen.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    If your options are doing nothing and have Cancellara win, or slog your guts out and have Sagan win, which would you go for?
  • above_the_cows
    Yay the mushroom!

I've been waiting for that all year! :D
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Vaughers on Twitter:
    "Just tuned in to e3. Heh... Funny.... Congrats to winner Fabian Cancellara. Still 20kms to go."
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Bang, bang, bang. Real racer.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Graeme_S wrote:
    If your options are doing nothing and have Cancellara win, or slog your guts out and have Sagan win, which would you go for?

If there was even the slightest chance of my winning by slogging my guts out and then Sagan having an off day, mechanical, crash then I would 100% slog to the finish. People either want to win or they don't.
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    One punct***e-thats all it takes.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • Turfle
    Coming down. Reminiscent of the Cancellara backwards explosion last year?
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    nevman wrote:

Or headwind...
  • Turfle
    40 seconds..
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,836
    Graeme_S wrote:

Or maybe they could try and win the race themselves. Too many riders are happy with a top 5 finish. What happened to all or nothing? I'd say only Fabian has the balls in the pro peloton to try and win a race by himself which we are seeing today. In the chase group they're are 5 riders from 5 different teams. They need to work together but they're all happy to try and get a top 5. No one really wants to do a turn. Shame really.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • ddraver
    Testify LL!!!
    - @ddraver
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,101
    Hope they catch him.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    rozzer32 wrote:
    Graeme_S wrote:

Or maybe they could try and win the race themselves. Too many riders are happy with a top 5 finish. What happened to all or nothing? I'd say only Fabian has the balls in the pro peloton to try and win a race by himself which we are seeing today. In the chase group they're are 5 riders from 5 different teams. They need to work together but they're all happy to try and get a top 5. No one really wants to do a turn. Shame really.

Check.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • above_the_cows
    ThomThom wrote:
    nevman wrote:

Or headwind...

Not now, cross and tail only. Still an easterly wind.
  • ddraver
    In other news, I'm going to Algeria on Easter Monday

if you re interested at all....
    - @ddraver
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    ddraver wrote:
    In other news, I'm going to Algeria on Easter Monday

if you re interested at all....

My sympathies....
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,159
    Graeme_S wrote:

If there was even the slightest chance of my winning by slogging my guts out and then Sagan having an off day, mechanical, crash then I would 100% slog to the finish. People either want to win or they don't.
    But if you pull Sagan to the finish, next time he'll just sit in and wait for you to do it again. And then again, and again.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • above_the_cows
    rozzer32 wrote:
    Graeme_S wrote:

But isn't that the beauty of bike racing? It depends who is in the group. The group composition is everything. If the group was made up of good rouleurs but none having a noticeable turn of speed then they may ride, but when you have someone in the group who is almost guaranteed to beat you in the sprint then I can understand the psychology behind why you might not drag that person into contention for the win.