Bike fit @ Cadence Sport

13»

Comments

• VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    Just to make you aware, the fit comes with the fitting of your main shoes and also the clear wedges for your shoes. I have them purchased loads of the wedges in case I have other pairs of shoes that I will definitely want to adjust just like my main ones.
    Living MY dream.
  • nicknick
    nicknick Posts: 535
    I was also fitted with Adrian in December. I came away with the in-shoe orange wedges due to a LOT of varus tilt on my feet which has made a huge difference. These are the same as what come with Spesh insoles. My friend however got fitted and came away with the yellow wedges under the cleats. VTech, do you know what the difference is? Cleat wedges for feet with less tilt?
  • VTech
    I have the yellow wedges myself. I'm not sure o the difference other than that it has made the world of difference. We did a 45km ride early this morning and my right foot which has hurt me loads before is now pain free. It's amazing just how much difference it has made.
    Living MY dream.
  • RDB66
    RDB66 Posts: 492
    The main thing is, VTech...Is that you've had a bikefit, you've found what problems were giving you abit of grief/pain and its now been cured. If that means many happy miles in the saddle, then thats fantastic, because you'll enjoy riding your bike a whole lot more !! Fair play to ya mate.

Why do people have to keep putting others down for doing the right thing !! Its so very sad !!

All the best.

Dicky.
    A Brother of the Wheel. http://www.boxfordbikeclub.co.uk

09 Canyon Ultimate CF for the Road.
    2011 Carbon Spesh Stumpy FSR.
  • nmt
    nmt Posts: 88
    I'm with you Vtech on carrying enough spare tubes and repair kit, I carry 2 tubes repair kit chain link and tool wouldn't want to be stuck miles from home.

I had a bike fit yesterday usual adjustments set the cleats orange wedges in my right foot raised my seat height and I was surprised when he lowered the bars :shock: but the big thing I found was when my sit bones were measured I needed a 155mm saddle (I half expected this as I realised my sit bones seemed to be too far towards the edge of the saddle) when he put the new 155mm toupe on I instantly felt less pressure in the sit bone area and it was the standard toupe saddle we fitted not the more padded rbx version that came off, Just need this sodding snow to do one now so I can get out and try the setup.

So if anyone is in need of a spesh toupe rbx in white 143mm cro-mo rail version gimme a shout as I will be putting it in the for sale section when i get round to it :)
  • VTech
    nmt wrote:
    I'm with you Vtech on carrying enough spare tubes and repair kit, I carry 2 tubes repair kit chain link and tool wouldn't want to be stuck miles from home.

I had a bike fit yesterday usual adjustments set the cleats orange wedges in my right foot raised my seat height and I was surprised when he lowered the bars :shock: but the big thing I found was when my sit bones were measured I needed a 155mm saddle (I half expected this as I realised my sit bones seemed to be too far towards the edge of the saddle) when he put the new 155mm toupe on I instantly felt less pressure in the sit bone area and it was the standard toupe saddle we fitted not the more padded rbx version that came off, Just need this sodding snow to do one now so I can get out and try the setup.

So if anyone is in need of a spesh toupe rbx in white 143mm cro-mo rail version gimme a shout as I will be putting it in the for sale section when i get round to it :)

Im not sure of the terminology but I also had seat issues, I always felt like I was falling forward, out of the saddle which he also cured quite quickly. In fact, when all things considered you really cant argue with the money on a fit.
    I LOVE the post earlier with the bike on a white background with all angles measured, what a fab idea and one I will be taking up in the future. So for £180 and 4mb on an sd card I should be set for the future :)
    Living MY dream.
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,918
    nicknick wrote:
    I was also fitted with Adrian in December. I came away with the in-shoe orange wedges due to a LOT of varus tilt on my feet which has made a huge difference. These are the same as what come with Spesh insoles. My friend however got fitted and came away with the yellow wedges under the cleats. VTech, do you know what the difference is? Cleat wedges for feet with less tilt?

Just depends how much tilt you have. I have a lot and after my fit I needed the in-shoe wedges and the cleat wedges as well.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****