Bike fit @ Cadence Sport

VTech
VTech Posts: 4,736
edited March 2013 in Road general
Just got back from a bike fit at cadence sport and have to say how impressed I am with Mr Timmis who did the fit.
Ive had a constant problem with my right foot since starting which some suggested was over-tightening of the straps but it was actually an off-centre foot balance which he spotted and fixed in less than 10 minutes. Overall I was their for around 3 hours making the cost of the fit peanuts for the time spent.
To cut a long story short there really wasn't anything right with the bike, the seat was too low, the bars too high and the brakes needed setting up.
The seat needed moving up and back and the bars needing tilting upward so my arms and shoulders felt more comfortable.

Anyway, well worth the cos and ill be doing it with all my bikes in the future.

cadencem.jpg
Living MY dream.
«13

Comments

  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Did he say anything about the frame bag?
  • xscreamsuk
    xscreamsuk Posts: 318
    My estimation of Adrian has gone right down if he let you out of there with that rancid bag thing on the bike.
  • VTech wrote:
    Just got back from a bike fit at cadence sport and have to say how impressed I am with Mr Timmis who did the fit.
    Ive had a constant problem with my right foot since starting which some suggested was over-tightening of the straps but it was actually an off-centre foot balance which he spotted and fixed in less than 10 minutes. Overall I was their for around 3 hours making the cost of the fit peanuts for the time spent.
    To cut a long story short there really wasn't anything right with the bike, the seat was too low, the bars too high and the brakes needed setting up.
    The seat needed moving up and back and the bars needing tilting upward so my arms and shoulders felt more comfortable.

    Anyway, well worth the cos and ill be doing it with all my bikes in the future.

    cadencem.jpg

    Thanks for post I have just done a post for northwest bike fit I am booked in at Precision Pedals so am looking forward to getting this done.
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    Daren't have one as I've cut my ISP already!

    Doesn't he do shoe footbed shims? I've always wondered about that, too, as I have 5 pairs of shoes in rotation. How does that work?

    (and you should ditch that bag!!)
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Seriously get rid of that bag. Looks terrible.

    Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

    I have no idea what's going on here.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    xscreamsuk wrote:
    My estimation of Adrian has gone right down if he let you out of there with that rancid bag thing on the bike.

    This.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    Yes. I forgot about that, I also got foot beds with the fit although even withe those my foot still hurt until he did the shims on the cleats.
    I'm keepin the bag as I love it :)
    Living MY dream.
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    VTech wrote:
    I'm keepin the bag as I love it :)

    What do you put in it?

    Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

    I have no idea what's going on here.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    Pump, spare tyre, 2 inner tubes, puncture kit, cell phone, cash and food.
    Living MY dream.
  • nochekmate
    nochekmate Posts: 3,460
    VTech wrote:
    Pump, spare tyre, 2 inner tubes, puncture kit, cell phone, cash and food.

    + Sleeping bag & tent
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    VTech wrote:
    Pump, spare tyre, 2 inner tubes, puncture kit, cell phone, cash and food.

    All of which you can fit in your jersey pockets ;)

    Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

    I have no idea what's going on here.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    VTech wrote:
    Pump, spare tyre, 2 inner tubes, puncture kit, cell phone, cash and food.

    A spare tyre? Seriously?

    2x inner tubes and a puncture kit?? Seriously??

    Ditch the tyre and one of the tubes (tube + repair kit is enough for any normal person). Then you can ditch that feckin bag.
  • Keep the bag. much more comfortable than having all that crap lumped up out the bottom of ya back! :)
    B'TWIN Triban 5A
    Ridgeback MX6
  • Strith
    Strith Posts: 541
    That bag! That's a damn nice looking bike otherwise. Did you change the stem? looks well stubby.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Rule #31...
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    Short legs by the looks of it too as well as a short stem, get a small seat pack and ditch the sail, sorry bag.
  • lawrences
    lawrences Posts: 1,011
    To cut a long story short there really wasn't anything right with the bike, the seat was too low, the bars too high and the brakes needed setting up.

    I've seen a thread were you showed your bike and you got every single one of those pieces of advice for free.
  • diplodicus
    diplodicus Posts: 711
    VTech wrote:
    Pump, spare tyre, 2 inner tubes, puncture kit, cell phone, cash and food.

    You carry all of this for a ride on the turbo :?:

    Sorry couldn't resist :D
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    I had a fit from adrian last year. Great service and a lovely little village. Made me want to live back in england.

    Some nice stuff in the shop to look at too.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    VTech wrote:
    Anyway, well worth the cos and ill be doing it with all my bikes in the future.

    You shouldn't need to. You have all the information now to duplicate the setup on any bike you buy as long as you buy one with a geometry that can match this fit.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    Imposter wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    Pump, spare tyre, 2 inner tubes, puncture kit, cell phone, cash and food.

    A spare tyre? Seriously?

    2x inner tubes and a puncture kit?? Seriously??

    Ditch the tyre and one of the tubes (tube + repair kit is enough for any normal person).
    ??????
    FFS :roll:
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    De Sisti wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    Pump, spare tyre, 2 inner tubes, puncture kit, cell phone, cash and food.

    A spare tyre? Seriously?

    2x inner tubes and a puncture kit?? Seriously??

    Ditch the tyre and one of the tubes (tube + repair kit is enough for any normal person).
    ??????
    FFS :roll:

    not sure what/who you are questioning there.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Imposter wrote:
    2x inner tubes and a puncture kit?? Seriously??

    Why not? I've actually needed both tubes and the puncture kit in the past. It happens. I could carry one tube but then I'd know if I had another puncture I'd need to faff around with the repair kit. Besides, how much bother is a tube of glue a couple of patches and a bit of wet and dry to carry anyway.

    Granted the spare tyre thing is a bit bonkers though.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Rolf F wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    2x inner tubes and a puncture kit?? Seriously??

    Why not? I've actually needed both tubes and the puncture kit in the past. It happens. I could carry one tube but then I'd know if I had another puncture I'd need to faff around with the repair kit. Besides, how much bother is a tube of glue a couple of patches and a bit of wet and dry to carry anyway.

    Granted the spare tyre thing is a bit bonkers though.

    To be fair, you could carry seven (or insert other number of your choice) tubes and still need them all. I just personally think that two and a repair kit is overkill.
  • ooermissus
    ooermissus Posts: 811
    Presumably it depends on how far from home the rider will be venturing.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Imposter wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    2x inner tubes and a puncture kit?? Seriously??

    Why not? I've actually needed both tubes and the puncture kit in the past. It happens. I could carry one tube but then I'd know if I had another puncture I'd need to faff around with the repair kit. Besides, how much bother is a tube of glue a couple of patches and a bit of wet and dry to carry anyway.

    Granted the spare tyre thing is a bit bonkers though.

    To be fair, you could carry seven (or insert other number of your choice) tubes and still need them all. I just personally think that two and a repair kit is overkill.

    True - but would you go for two without a repair kit? I certainly wouldn't. On that basis it is really just a decision between one or two plus the repair kit and the need for the second depends a bit on where you are riding, what time of year it is and what support you have! Besides, a lot of people do carry two and the kit.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • moscowflyer
    moscowflyer Posts: 540
    Rolf F wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    2x inner tubes and a puncture kit?? Seriously??

    Why not? I've actually needed both tubes and the puncture kit in the past. It happens. I could carry one tube but then I'd know if I had another puncture I'd need to faff around with the repair kit. Besides, how much bother is a tube of glue a couple of patches and a bit of wet and dry to carry anyway.

    Granted the spare tyre thing is a bit bonkers though.

    To be fair, you could carry seven (or insert other number of your choice) tubes and still need them all. I just personally think that two and a repair kit is overkill.

    True - but would you go for two without a repair kit? I certainly wouldn't. On that basis it is really just a decision between one or two plus the repair kit and the need for the second depends a bit on where you are riding, what time of year it is and what support you have! Besides, a lot of people do carry two and the kit.

    I don't even own a puncture repair kit. Two spare tubes is all I take. Two tubes, a repair kit and a spare tyre is madness IMO. Where does it end? May as well carry a spare bike over your shoulder.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Rolf F wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    2x inner tubes and a puncture kit?? Seriously??

    Why not? I've actually needed both tubes and the puncture kit in the past. It happens. I could carry one tube but then I'd know if I had another puncture I'd need to faff around with the repair kit. Besides, how much bother is a tube of glue a couple of patches and a bit of wet and dry to carry anyway.

    Granted the spare tyre thing is a bit bonkers though.

    To be fair, you could carry seven (or insert other number of your choice) tubes and still need them all. I just personally think that two and a repair kit is overkill.

    True - but would you go for two without a repair kit? I certainly wouldn't. On that basis it is really just a decision between one or two plus the repair kit and the need for the second depends a bit on where you are riding, what time of year it is and what support you have! Besides, a lot of people do carry two and the kit.

    I don't even own a puncture repair kit. Two spare tubes is all I take. Two tubes, a repair kit and a spare tyre is madness IMO. Where does it end? May as well carry a spare bike over your shoulder.

    And don't forget the bit of toothpaste tube as a tyre boot!

    Seriously though - what do you do if you get two punctures and if you haven't got a puncture repair kit how do you fix punctures when you get home? You aren't one of these sorts who is paid too much to waste two minutes fixing a puncture are you? :wink:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • moscowflyer
    moscowflyer Posts: 540
    I don't fix punctures, I just chuck the tube and use a new one. Frivolous maybe, but it's quick and easy and the £4 spent on the tube is well worth the time saved trying to ponce about with patches and glue, especially in the winter...
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I chuck them. Rarely pay over £2 per tube (always get the deals). Can't be f'd with it tbh.