Dwars door Vlaanderen *spoilers*

Turfle
Turfle Posts: 3,762
edited March 2013 in Pro race
Dwars-Door-Vlaanderen-1362435076.png

Lots of big riders waiting for E3, but we've got Terpstra, Stannard, Iglinsky, Millar, Bauer, Turgot, Visconti, Dowsett, Scheirlinckx, Keukeleire, plus assorted other including Russ Downing.

Should be Belgian streams from 1.20.

Comments

• LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Saw a tweet this morning suggesting Geraint Thomas was riding too
  • Turfle
    Sky official site has him not riding, but he was definitely on the provisional lists. You'd have to make him close to favourite if he is riding.

And Dowsett has crashed out.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,102
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • Turfle
    A break finally forms after 90ish KM.

Steegmans, Bazayev, Mol, Veuchelen, Juul, Hayman, Stamsnijder, Van der Sande, Saramotins, Sijmens, Zingle, Gene, Napolitano & Brammeier
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,891
    Live Dwars feeds now running:
    http://www.procyclinglive.com/livestream/#
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    DeadCalm wrote:
    Jane Aubrey wrote:
    "It's been three weeks since this classics group within Sky has raced, going down the path of training over racing at a 12-day high-altitude training camp in Tenerife prior to last weekend. In doing so, the team was largely shielded from the intense scrutiny and suspicion which was the result of solid performances at both Tirreno-Adriatico and Paris-Nice where the overall was won by Richie Porte. Despite the fact that Tenerife has a reputation for being a convenient escape from anti-doping officials, Knaven maintains that it's the training camps which are making all the difference for Sky."

FFS. Can we expect the same scrutiny and suspicion to apply to any team who turn in solid performances, or who train on the mystery island of Tenerife? Thought not. Pathetic pile of Daily Mail-level click-mongering. Guess they're just reporting what's being said out there, and posing the questions?

How can anyone complain about a lack of transparency in the face of outright distortion like this?
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Macaloon wrote:
    DeadCalm wrote:
    Jane Aubrey wrote:
    "It's been three weeks since this classics group within Sky has raced, going down the path of training over racing at a 12-day high-altitude training camp in Tenerife prior to last weekend. In doing so, the team was largely shielded from the intense scrutiny and suspicion which was the result of solid performances at both Tirreno-Adriatico and Paris-Nice where the overall was won by Richie Porte. Despite the fact that Tenerife has a reputation for being a convenient escape from anti-doping officials, Knaven maintains that it's the training camps which are making all the difference for Sky."

FFS. Can we expect the same scrutiny and suspicion to apply to any team who turn in solid performances, or who train on the mystery island of Tenerife? Thought not. Pathetic pile of Daily Mail-level click-mongering. Guess they're just reporting what's being said out there, and posing the questions?

How can anyone complain about a lack of transparency in the face of outright distortion like this?

Come on man, lets have a thread without Sky/Doping chat, please, just this once? :wink:
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Macaloon wrote:

I think you're seeing something that isn't there
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Turfle
    Think I just understood my first bit of Belgian ever.
  • Macaloon
    Come on man, lets have a thread without Sky/Doping chat, please, just this once? :wink:

Sorry :( You're right. Not in a race thread. I clicked on a piece expecting to read something about GT and got the usual innuendo. I'll shut it. Wheels-up. :D
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Macaloon wrote:

Sorry :( You're right. Not in a race thread. I clicked on a piece expecting to read something about GT and got the usual innuendo. I'll shut it. Wheels-up. :D

Just PM'd you re this
  • Turfle
    I don't think there's any teams left in the peloton that will want to chase.
  • Richmond Racer
    Dowsett's crashed and is out. Poor guy aint lucky on the cobbles...
  • Turfle
    Bauer with what looked a nasty one.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Dowsett's crashed and is out. Poor guy aint lucky on the cobbles...
    Turfle wrote:
    And Dowsett has crashed out.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Richmond Racer
    Turfle wrote:
    Bauer with what looked a nasty one.

Always horrible to see a rider lying there motionless
  • Turfle
    Evidently he has regained consciousness, and is on his way to hospital.
  • pitchshifter
    pitchshifter Posts: 1,476
    Stannard jumps from the pack. Cue some awesomeness...
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    why does ian stannard love hurting himself
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • Macaloon
    why does ian stannard love hurting himself

He's sado-masochistic: likes to share.
  • Turfle
    And with Hayman out front, Stannard can just sit there.
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    think thats the winning move
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • On_What
    On_What Posts: 516
    Go on Stannard, updates please?
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    is that a neutral service car behind Hayman?
  • frenchfighter
    On_What wrote:
    Go on Stannard, updates please?

Hayman is out front for Sky. Next down the road are Saramontins and Steegmans.

Then behind them you have a group which has Stannard in as well as Gatto, Voeckler, Devolder, Lewkemans and a few other handy riders - they don't seem too fussed about drilling it yet....but now Vandenbergh goes.

Behind them are about 50 riders.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Vander is now putting out some serious power and has a good gap. The chasing group is splintered and lined out.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • On_What
    On_What Posts: 516
    nice one FF, relying on this thread for my cycling fix
  • frenchfighter
    He has blown past the two in between and has reached Hayman who is now on his wheel as he continues to power.
    Contador is the Greatest