Rapha Hell of the North 4

13»

Comments

• rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Living in barnet and cycling in south herts i get a lot of house envy...

The Prince of Wales?

696x306_ThePrinceofWales.jpg?m=1344612629

I spent a lot of time in this pub. It is right next to Mrs toes parents.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • JSS
    JSS Posts: 55
    Written up a ride report of this year's Hell of the North and added some pics (not grainy Rapha-style ones, I am afraid)...

http://www.sportive.com/hell-of-north-l ... ide-report

Great day out and really well organised.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    JSS wrote:
    Written up a ride report of this year's Hell of the North and added some pics (not grainy Rapha-style ones, I am afraid)...

http://www.sportive.com/hell-of-north-l ... ide-report

Great day out and really well organised.

nice write up matey, thanks i'm glad someone had the energy to snap some of those damn ruts and yes anything less than 25c i.e. my 23c tyres was brutal :?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Moonbiker
    Moonbiker Posts: 1,706
    Looking at the pics i think 32mm tyres would be best.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Looked like a really good day, I had a couple of mates come down to stay as they were doing it. Rode down to the start with them in the morning to show them where it was, then as the start of the route took me mostly back home anyway I rode back out with them before heading off for a day on the farm.

Arranged to meet them at the end but decided I'd take the "indirect route" to get some miles in so ended up heading north, then from what I remembered from my glance at the route card figured where section 6 was so rode along from there hoping to catch them. I got the pub only to find they were quite a way back after having had a few problems... so rode back along the route again until I finally met up with them, then back to the pub again just in time crane my neck and watch Terpstra launch himself to victory.

Quite a nice route by the looks of it although IMO they missed a couple of gems, it's the first time I'd taken the road bike on a few of the bridleways though, fortunately I didn't puncture because I gave my only tube to someone who was sat at the side of the road looking exasperated :lol: