Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Shows the steepness well:
    strade-sien.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Interesting how I haven't seen a single tweet from the "Illuminati" about this race (there may have been some, but certainly not many). If Sky had done a 1-2 in that race I get the feeling they would have gone postal on it.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Shows the steepness well:
    strade-sien.jpg
    Thanks FF - I really hadn't appreciated how steep it was before. That's a great photo!
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Interesting how I haven't seen a single tweet from the "Illuminati" about this race (there may have been some, but certainly not many). If Sky had done a 1-2 in that race I get the feeling they would have gone postal on it.

Moser and Sagan possess talent that the Sky riders can only dream of. Also that riding requires pure race tactics and panache. I don't see anything ET whatsoever about their performances either. Two riders from the break (knackered) finished in the top ten and the gaps were small.

It was an 'easy' Eroica by all accounts, no dust and no hardcore selection.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400

Moser and Sagan possess talent that the Sky riders can only dream of. Also that riding requires pure race tactics and panache. I don't see anything ET whatsoever about their performances either. Two riders from the break (knackered) finished in the top ten and the gaps were small.

It was an 'easy' Eroica by all accounts, no dust and no hardcore selection.

I didn't say I thought they were doping, just that there are clearly some double standards at work here. Any time a Sky rider (or at least a British Sky rider) do something remotely impressive certain people get on their soapboxes. I appreciate that I'm getting on my soapbox about other people getting on their soapboxes, but that's what forums are about!

Sky certainly don't have anyone as good as Moser/Sagan for the one day races, that's for sure. I hope these two can carry this through the the real monuments.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440

Nicely done :lol:
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Inky's right. Double standards apply every time.
  • LutherB
    LutherB Posts: 544

Word on the Illuminati street is that Sky are filling the bags at the moment, and their lack of a 1-2 now is proof of that :roll: