Elite Qubo - Power 50% out - HELP

2»

Comments

• hibbsjill
    hibbsjill Posts: 119
    On my i phone when I put in a course it constantly says that the dongle is not fitted and cannot reach the server .Is this the fault of the Qubo/Dongle/or the server .The app was downloaded from Apple.
    Thanks
  • karldh
    karldh Posts: 34
    Regarding the last, have found best way is to open app first then plug in dongle. Works fine then and pairs up
    kdh
  • miele520
    miele520 Posts: 1
    Hey everyone. I just bought the Elite Qubo Digital today (paid 389 euros), did the installation and have similar issues.

Pedaling at the lowest resistance level is not easy, doing more than 10kmh requires quite some effort. Doing 25kmh outside on the road is easier.

I bought mine in Belgium so there seems to be a general problem with these models. I'll be taking mine back to the store first thing tomorrow.

Grtz.
  • karldh
    Have just been reading the manual for the turbo and there is a section on page 26 bottom right that talks about a parameter relevant to the resistance unit. It states this parameter only to be modified on express request of Elite after sales service, it is currently set to 0270.
    If this parameter is a calibration factor for the resistance then do you think it is possible by changing this value to get the unit to more accurately reflect power readings Just an idea, it may be that it is not related to calibration of power readings. Elite may be able to assist with this, who knows we may all be able to alter our machines quite easily to reflect more accurate power outputs and make it easier to pedal in one easy move..
    I may also be barking up the wrong tree, ck99 you may be able to get Marco's advice on this as you have been communicating with him on our behalf's
    kdh
  • There are two parts to the Qubo Digital, the turbo and the display. If the turbo output curves are incorrect (which I have tested and found to be out by 100% on the Hydromag) then consequently what is displayed will be incorrect.
    Live to ski
    Ski to live
  • ck99
    ck99 Posts: 44
    I spoke to Marco at Elite, who wants to test my specific kit (ex frame). I returned it to Wiggle, who are sending it back to Elite under warranty. Lets hope they can fix it quickly as there seems to be an issue affecting some but not all users. Mean time, I have set up my rower as I am Turbo less till it comes back (which could be weeks). I assume a software fix would be ideal and/or the ability for the user to make an adjustment themselves.
  • I have the same problem with a unit that I bought in late January - the power just seems way off from what I would expect (my brother has a Taxc I have compared with). I have also been in contact with Elite but so far no luck with the things they have suggested.

So I will be following this thread closely to see if Elite comes up with a solution for anyone that has the same problem.

Regarding the issue one guy reported about the control unit showing 999 or similar. I had the same problems which went away when removed the battery from my Garmin speed/cadence sensor. So there seems to be an easy fix for that.
  • ck99
    I heard from Marco at Elite earlier today. He advises...
    We have contacted directly other customers that sent e-mails to Elite and found that their comments, similar to yours, were generated by misuses of trainer or uncorrect training sessions. Indoor cycling based on power could be different from previous thinkings about speed and power. Anyway we'll check carefully your trainer when Wiggle will send to Elite.

Well, he could be right or there again....My money is on the latter, but I shouldn't jump to conclusions.
  • Critzz
    Critzz Posts: 3
    Hi there. Have finally managed to get my dud trainer to wiggle. They have not heard from Elite neither have I for 2 weeks now. Pretty shabby.

With regards to removing the battery from the cadence sensor - isn't this just a process that shouldn't be required for this type of trainer. Surely they would have thought about this.
  • birel101
    birel101 Posts: 32
    There is a update to the app today, what it does though I don't no...
  • sharkboy
    sharkboy Posts: 1
    Just taken delivery of my qubo wireless and its been displaying he same problem, lucky to develop a 100watts at full chat. However it now seems to be working fine. Don,t know exactly what I did to it to get the thing working but I went into parameters under settings which displays numbers adjustable from 100 to 999 And stuck it on 300. I then switched the turbo on and connected the head unit to its contacts whilst under pairing. Pedalled under the levels adjusting the resistance and now developing a real feel 200 to 350 watts for steady to tough pedalling.
    Don't know what the parameters range is for but it can't be for heart rate with those figures and would be consistent with the watt range for the unit.or maybe it was something to do with how the unit sets and syncs itself and the order you do this in?
    Maybe this will get some of units working
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Wow. Issue first raised here 6 weeks ago (and presumably before that to the manufacturer) and still no resolution. Homebrew adjustments to get the turbo to 'feel' right. Surely a cheap turbo and a speedo would be much better than guestimate power figures?
  • birel101
    birel101 Posts: 32
    Yep, I contacted Elite a few weeks ago and still I have not had a reply yet...and your right, this trainer is a bit pointless....:(
  • ck99
    Well, well, well... After weeks of WAITING my Elite Qubo arrived from Wiggle. Third time lucky ? Yup. This time,it worked as I hoped. I have tried the 3 programmes of Levels 1-16, Adjustable Power and 10 Pre Sets and they all worked fine. This time, I could cruise along at Level 5, knocking out 170 Watts or set the power or try one of the 10 pre set programmes. All were fine. I have yet to try riding a course. The Turbo's own computer is a tadd flimsy, so I hooked it up to my iPAD via a Wahoo ANT+ dongle and running Elite's own iQUBO app was a lot better. Both the Turbo computer and the iPAD correctly picked up my Garmin HRM and showed pretty accurate numbers for Speed, Cadence and Power as well as Heart Rate.

I know that Wiggle had to return it to Elite in Italy. So great service from Wiggle. I am somewhat annoyed with Elite, who tried to fob me off, claiming that others had not reported similar issues. Clearly not true as others reported similar issues to myself on this very Forum. I will email Elite and remind them that I have not changed, nor has my bike so it must have been a manufacturing fault with some of their early versions. Lets see what they say.

It is a good Turbo. It is solid and smooth. The set up is simple. Well worth considering. But don't accept dodgy power settings and get Elite or your seller to swap it out.
  • Hi guys,

I am new to this forum, so a BIG G'Day from Tasmania, Australia. :D

I just found your comments on the Elite Qubo Wireless Digital Trainer. I must say that I am a bit nervous having only just ordered mine 45 minutes ago through Wiggle Cycles. :shock:

I wish I had read this forum first now. I live in Australia so I hope that the unit that Wiggle send out to me is not one of the "bad batch" if that is the problem that some members are experiencing. Surely Wiggle would just send all of their stock back if there was a problem as large as this with this particular Elite product.

Oh well all I can do now is wait and see.

I will be sure to let you all know how my unit goes once I receive it.

Cheers
  • karldh
    On the strength of what has happened to yourself ck99 I have returned mine to Evans for repair. They also were very receptive and have already been in touch with Madison and obtained a returns number, the unit is now to be shipped back for repair
    Glad to see you had a successful outcome with your machine
    Thanks for the update
    kdh
  • Hi guys,

Just a quick email to let you all know that I sent an email off to Wiggle concerned about my order of the Elite Qubo Wireless Digital Trainer referencing this site/thread.

I have received a response from Wiggle saying the following;
    "I can confirm that the current versions of this trainer have been fixed of this problem".

I am really happy with the quick response from Wiggle. Great customer service. My trainer should arrive tommorrow. So fingers crossed it is all ok.

Cheers
  • corbra
    corbra Posts: 2
    I also bought one recently from wiggle and, like others in this thread, I'm very suspect of the readings. I'm not convinced that this has been fixed.

sirruslimited, did you get your trainer and how did it work out?
  • I bought a Elite Qubo in March and just returned it in August after reading the posts on here.
    I had concerns that the power was incorrect and also the virtual maps did not resemble the power output actually encountered.
    Recently, to clarify what my concerns were, I hired a Powertap wheel and put this on the iQubo to give a direct comparison.
    The Powertap was connected to a Garmin 500 to provide readings. It was calibrated prior to each session.
    The iQubo was set on level 4 resistance.
    At low power outputs between 80 – 120 watts the two readings were close enough to be satisfactory.
    At mid-level from 160-180watts the readings on the iQubo were 25-40 watts lower than the Powertap.
    The differences increased as power increased and at maximum power output the iQubo was over 100 watts different than the Powertap.
    Additionally the option to ride a ‘route’ bears no correlation to the elevation experienced on the actual route, making this part of the equipment little more than a toy, rather than a piece of serious training kit.
    It's reassuring to read on this forum that there appears to be a fix to the problem, I'm waiting for a response from the supplier, via Wiggle. It's approaching a month now so I'm hoping to have it returned shortly and will update on whether its been fixed.
  • I have read this thread with interest as I have the same issue, the Qubo was returned to ChainReactionCycles and 3 weeks later I got a replacment back with a brand new motor, the feet on the stand are cracked and I'm not happy but it works, or at least I thought it did.

I've previously been told by Elite to change the PARAM setting from 0270 to 0400, these are my results:-

Lbs : 170
    Cadence : 100
    Speed : 20mph

Param : 0270
    Level mode:-
    1 - 80 watts
    2 - 110 watts
    3 - 145 watts
    4 - 160 watts
    5 - 195 watts and so on...

Param : 0400
    Level mode:-
    1 - 120 watts
    2 - 160 watts
    3 - 200 watts
    4 - 250 watts
    5 - 300 watts and so on...

However if I use the computer (or the iPhone app) on Power or Program mode the settings are completely wrong.

I use either param 0270 or 0400 and on Power mode the display flashes as 100 watts, no matter how fast or hard I pedal it will not show me generating 100 watts, even though I am pedaling at 100 cadence and 20mph which should be easily above 100 watts.

This means I cannot use the programs to do a workout which is the only reason I bought this trainer, I'm getting annoyed and thinking of demanding a refund.

I have Emailed Elite and CR Cycles, I will see what they have to say.

Oh and if the computer displays 199mph and 999watts of power it's because it's paired with a Garmin speed / cadence sensor and not the trainer!!!

Hoping for a resolution soon :-(