Paris Roubaix 2013

greasedscotsman
greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
edited April 2013 in Pro race
About time we had some Roubaix news. Teams for this year's race!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/paris-r ... ce-edition

ProTeams for 2013 Paris-Roubaix
AG2R La Mondiale (Fra)
Astana Pro Team (Kaz)
Blanco Pro Cycling Team (Ned)
BMC Racing Team (USA)
Cannondale Pro Cycling (Ita)
Euskaltel Euskadi (Esp)
FDJ (Fra)
Garmin - Sharp (USA)
Katusha Team (Rus)
Lampre - Merida (Ita)
Lotto Belisol (Bel)
Movistar Team (Esp)
Omega Pharma - Quick Step Cycling Team (Bel)
Orica - GreenEdge (Aus)
RadioShack - Leopard (Lux)
Sky Procycling (Gbr)
Team Argos - Shimano (Ned)
Team Saxo - Tinkoff (Den)
Vacansoleil - DCM Pro Cycling Team (Ned)

Wildcard teams for 2013 Paris-Roubaix
Bretagne - Séché Environnement (Fra)
Cofidis, Solutions Crédits (Fra)
IAM Cycling (Sui)
Sojasun (Fra)
Team Europcar (Fra)
Team Netapp - Endura (Ger)

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    I was surprised by the lack of Belgian wildcards
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,588
    Nice to see Endura getting a go. Russ Downing is my outside bet for the win :wink:
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Hope it's muddy as hell and p*ssing down all day. We're due a dirty one.
  • http://www.letour.com/2012/PRX/COURSE/u ... zone204100

Almost missed this! OK, knew about the Wallers to Hélesmes sector coming back into the race and guessed a while back that they would be using Hornaing–Wandignies again, which is all good, but looks like they are taking out the sector at Le Buat and shortened the distance a bit, which seems a bit of shame.

Wish they would update the full route details though!
  • RichN95 wrote:
    I was surprised by the lack of Belgian wildcards

^ This. I was expecting a couple of Belgian wildcards.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Pross wrote:
    Nice to see Endura getting a go. Russ Downing is my outside bet for the win :wink:

He was talking it up in an online CW report the other day. Would be good for the whole team & think he has the experience to get in a good break and if his luck holds......... well here is to wishing :)
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Lars_Bak_774728m.jpg

The boss.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Time for Stannard to step up to the plate. Ultimate scenario would be him in a break with Tommeke and Fabu. He wouldn't win it but they'd get to use all of the hot water in the showers before the others turned up.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Not sure how I'm going to able to watch this in Algeria...

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Former French colony innit? They'll have it on in the bars and failing that, just knock on a few of the local's doors
  • rovers69
    rovers69 Posts: 32
    Hi all, I am lucky enough to be heading over to Roubaix next Sunday to catch the finish in the velodrome. Had intended trying to get some action on the cobbles beforehand but that hasn't worked out.
    Travelling to Roubaix from Lille on Sunday, by tram.
    Anyone got ant tips?
    Many thanks.
  • Hit one of the friteries in Lille before you go, and have a fricadelle, they're lovely
  • rovers69
    rovers69 Posts: 32
    Many thanks TTHR. Will try and do that.
    Do I deduce from your post that you are a Blades fan? Did you make it to Prenton Park on Friday? Another underwhelming performance by my boys.
  • Yeah, I've PM'd you
  • ddraver
    (Lille is a really nice city, worth making some time to have a walk around)
    - @ddraver
  • x-isle
    x-isle Posts: 794
    I'm going over in the Motorhome on Friday and parking at Arenburg.

Big concern is that the the published route this year has "D" sections which to me look like diverts divert they can call upon.

Anyone know if these are indeed diverts and if so what and how do they get used?

Last thing I want to do is wait (well, party with the Dutch) for 2 days and then them not come through.
    Craig Rogers
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,934
    Are they diverts for the team cars etc?
  • Yes, they are diverts for team cars and other vehicles associated with the race.
  • x-isle
    x-isle Posts: 794
    That makes perfect sense. Thanks both. I have been fascinated by the PR for over 20 years.

You can imagine my excitement to get to watch it for the first time.
    Craig Rogers
  • They have had lots of camper vans parked up in a field near the entrance to Arenberg. No idea what the deal is, if you have to pay or what, but you can see it here...

http://maps.google.fr/maps?q=valencienn ... 24,,0,8.22
  • Sussed out
    Sussed out Posts: 189
    I'll be there next weekend, driving over Saturday morning, then going to do Arenberg and Carrefour le Arbre on Sunday.
    Really looking forward to it, I just wish I could take my bike
  • oneof1982
    oneof1982 Posts: 703
    Went over last year and am going this weekend. Got to Arenberg early, parked car in direction of Roubaix. Once the race went through we drove to Roubaix and waited in the velodrome for the finish. Big screen at Arenberg and in velodrome. The velodrome is free to enter ( all the gates are open) . So will be doing the same again.

It is possible to make further stops between Arenberg and Roubaix. The race passes under the motorway. It is basically a chase along the m/way with lots of race cars. Some junctions are closed but it looks like you can skip the cones and go up the slip roads.

Going on Friday so will have Saturday in Lille, including football match on Sat eve!
  • ddraver wrote:
    Not sure how I'm going to able to watch this in Algeria...

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

www.steephill.tv
  • ddraver
    Internet is on lockdown here, every sort of streaming site, legal or illegal is blocked. Plus they work 7 days a week (and Sunday = Mondays for Muslims)....
    - @ddraver
  • Some details on the sectors (for those of you (Rick Chasey) who think they are all the same...)

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/aso-rat ... ix-cobbles
  • LutherB
    LutherB Posts: 544
    ddraver wrote:
    Internet is on lockdown here, every sort of streaming site, legal or illegal is blocked. Plus they work 7 days a week (and Sunday = Mondays for Muslims)....

Have you tried a proxy like http://www.hidemyass.com/ ?
  • Is there a PTP up for this yet?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Just been out to Arenberg to see some of the teams on their recce...

Cancellara looked very relaxed. Stannard looked a beast. And they really do need some better bottle cages. I picked up 5 that had bounced out, looked a bit like this riding back to the hotel!

cav-bottles.jpg
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    More chat like this please greased.