Omloop Het Nieuwsblad 2013 - *includes spoilers*

Comments

• blim
    blim Posts: 333
    Ik kan niet zien de wielrennen want ik heb een conference. Het is niet lekker! :cry:

Jammer. :(
    kop van de wedstrijd
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,392
    Je vais aller au Algeria pout tout de Mars et le dernier semaine de Avril. Je n'est pas heureux! Rien de Classics et Giro pour moi! :(

Mais je vais ganger beacoup d'argent pour une nouveau velo!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:
    Je vais aller au Algeria pout tout de Mars et le dernier semaine de Avril. Je n'est pas heureux! Rien de Classics et Giro pour moi! :(

Well for chrissake, dont get massively hammered one night and join the Foreign Legion
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,740
    blim wrote:
    Sorry, that should be something like : wie doet het Sporza commentaar?

Normaal voor omloop is het Wuyts en Sergant met Karel op de motor en Karl in de studio.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,392
    ddraver wrote:

Well for chrissake, dont get massively hammered one night and join the Foreign Legion

I don't think hammered and Algeria are two words that go together really.....(though last time I managed to get a little drunky)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:

Denk van de fiets. Het is all over de fiets! :)

Maar dat is niet goed voor je. :(
    Correlation is not causation.
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Link to last years race here. 2 1/2 hours of people talking in a strange language where the most common word seems to be 'tombonen'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcDLpvqnYbU&feature=youtu.be

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • RonB wrote:
    PTP chat has reminded me that the race is on next w/e. Whilst having a browse, I came across this rather excellent web page showing the location of all the climbs and cobbles.

http://ohn.pro.p.assets.flandersclassics.be/files/1205/original/omloop2013-elite-men-map-profile.pdf?1360317168

What I haven't come across as yet is a participants list, just press reports that Boonen is in, but Gilbert is out. Details would be appreciated if anyone has a link. All the best, Ron.

All right then, I'm thinking of either riding or driving out there, depending on the outcome of talks with Mrs Cyclo and Minicyclo. I've ridden some De Ronde climbs but never watched any Flanders classics in person, so advice would be welcome. Where should I/we go for the greatest chance of some exciting racing? For a newbie Molenberg, Leberg and Haaghoek stand out from the map.
  • Does anyone know at what time TV coverage (dodgy stream in my case) starts? Just checking if I need to leave for my ride earlier to get home in time..
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Wheather forecast for De Omloop is very cold, barely above freezing, but dry.
    For Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne on Sunday add some snow and sleet. Weather for real flandriens. Remember the 2010 KBK? One of the most 'epic' races i've seen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqOfZfPF ... ata_player
  • rick_chasey
    Not that you lot care but I will be denying all knowledge of this race till my internet is up. Then I'm straight onto a well known dutch site to download the whole race and watch it "live".

I would like to make one request. If it's rubbish, can someone PM me to tell me??
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Not that you lot care but I will be denying all knowledge of this race till my internet is up. Then I'm straight onto a well known dutch site to download the whole race and watch it "live".

I would like to make one request. If it's rubbish, can someone PM me to tell me??

It's only fair that you let us know who your new internet provider is, so that we can all avoid them like the plague.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158

I'll save you the trouble. Boonen doesn't win. He never does.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758

Zou je mij de link van deze 'welbekende' site kunnen pm-en aub? dank.
  • rick_chasey

It's only fair that you let us know who your new internet provider is, so that we can all avoid them like the plague.

EE.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400

EE.

They obviously spent their budget on those awful Kevin Bacon adverts.

They may as well just say...try our 4G internet, it's like 3G but slightly less sh1t.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • 15mph headwind forecast for the decisive part of the race - shame. Looks like it'll be a bit parky too - nought degrees.
  • Hoping for some good hard racing this weekend. Like the fact the conditions are forecast bad yet it may mean half the field abandons.

Remember when Gilbert won in 2008. He needs to regain some pain face, race face.

fdjgilbert_zpsff17b98d.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    Forcast dry but cold. It's currently hovering around -2 degrees here at the moment in the middle of the afternoon. This is the real start to the season. :D
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • Nice bit of Brit interest in the ladies race to keep an eye out for also, with Lucy Garner's first senior race, Jo Rowsell first Wiggle ride, and Lizzie Armitstead hopefully in the mix. (Caveat, I don't really know my stuff)
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Does this thread convert to the spoiler? I'd hate to have to point over here when all the Sunday morning DSs are expressing surprise that Thor was nowhere and EBH needed a Stannard tow out of a ditch.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Macaloon
    It's not too late to change your PTP picks. Just posted on TeamSky twitter:

BDveCGvCcAAIOpn.jpg:large
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    I love team cars.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • Macaloon
    gsk82 wrote:
    I love team cars.
    :D Just for the record, and in case you thought I love the cars too, I was more 'interested' in the banners. Particularly the one about The Boss.
  • Coverage starts at 14:00 CET. Love this race.
  • FJS wrote:
    Wheather forecast for De Omloop is very cold, barely above freezing, but dry.
    For Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne on Sunday add some snow and sleet. Weather for real flandriens. Remember the 2010 KBK? One of the most 'epic' races i've seen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqOfZfPF ... ata_player

KBK 2010 was an absolute classic - I recall Devolder and Boonen (?) being taken out by flying rubbish bins.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    tom boonen ‏@tomboonen1

pay attention between gent and gent today! #windy #cold good old fashioned day of cycling war!
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,927
    Coverage starts at 14:00 CET. Love this race.

where? I can't see it on Eurosport.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Dabber wrote:
    Coverage starts at 14:00 CET. Love this race.

where? I can't see it on Eurosport.
    http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?mat ... art=sports
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Macaloon wrote:
    Does this thread convert to the spoiler? I'd hate to have to point over here when all the Sunday morning DSs are expressing surprise that Thor was nowhere and EBH needed a Stannard tow out of a ditch.

Happy to oblige Mac.