Dating ...

lovewales
lovewales Posts: 411
edited February 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Well although I may well be mad asking this on here but needs must and all that...

I have been living like a recluse for the past year hence I have not been on here either, but I have finally found myself and back to fun old me (result of becoming single after 20 years). So the last time I dated I was still at school and was wondering how I go about this as a 30 something, I have tried the websites and come across so slightly weird guys, none mycup of coffee and none who have had similar interests apart from one who was about 6 inches shorter than me.

So basically I am after your advice guys what do I do?
If every action has an equal and opposite reaction does that mean I will be eaten by a fly?

Comments

• Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    You need to displace the oxygen in your lungs with CO or Helium. Alt - eat some cyanide. Once you have done that then come back and we will give you all of the secrets you wish.
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    What are you looking for? Long short term Fun Relationship? give us something to work with. post a picture :D
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    What's wrong with the bloke been shorter? If I turned a girl down because she had smaller breasts than me, I'm sure she'd be offended.
  • Richie63 wrote:
    What are you looking for? Long short term Fun Relationship? give us something to work with. post a picture :D

At the moment would be looking for a bit of fun perhaps leading to something else :? I am sure there are picks of me floating around on here, there was definitely one of me with an embarrassing injury that made it into the injuries section of one of the mags :oops:
    If every action has an equal and opposite reaction does that mean I will be eaten by a fly?
  • supersonic wrote:
    What's wrong with the bloke been shorter? If I turned a girl down because she had smaller breasts than me, I'm sure she'd be offended.

Normally it wouldn't bother me but he came up to my shoulder before I even put heels on - he said it made him uncomfortable also!
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    lovewales wrote:
    Richie63 wrote:

At the moment would be looking for a bit of fun

In that case what you need to do is live within a practical driving distance of Cardiff and be willing to turn a blind eye to people in the garden
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • With out knowing what we are working with its hard to give advice ;)
  • Gazlar
    And with that statement the phrase beggars can't be choosers was coined.
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Ha found a pic :D

292_24327971907_2798_n.jpg

To be fair it has been seen in MBR :) I can't seem to find one of me though :D
  • Step 1 Change Avatar.
    Step 2 Post picture of healed injury.
    Step 3 Email contact details to Gazlar.
    Step 4 Book therapy and security firm.
  • Gazlar
    lovewales wrote:
    Ha found a pic :D

292_24327971907_2798_n.jpg

To be fair it has been seen in MBR :) I can't seem to find one of me though :D

I'm guessing you didn't hurt your face ;o)
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Are you like 6ft+ with bright ginger hair? kidnap someone, us men do it all the time, no reason why you can't.

Even Stefani Germanotta is loved
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Are you like 6ft+ with bright ginger hair? kidnap someone, us men do it all the time, no reason why you can't.

Even Stefani Germanotta is loved

haha no although you have just described my last date! No 5'6" with long brown curly hair and not super model skinny :?
    and I've never been loved :cry:
  • As we said in the valentine thread, offer to take up the bum and someone will love ya.
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    What about joining a local cycling club?
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • What about joining a local cycling club?

Now that is a sensible idea!!
  • Gazlar
    What about joining a local cycling club?

Get out! This is the crudcatcher, it's bad enough you coming in here offering sensible advice, but to offer sensible advice that involves having to ride a bike, you've overstepped the mark buddy ;op
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • As we said in the valentine thread, offer to take up the bum and someone will love ya.

You're obviously not very old are you, I thought this was normal - or is it just that I'm a little more experienced?? :lol::lol:
  • Gazlar
    If you're wales based then you could come and join in with a stage of the crudcatcher challenge and meet some of the available men we have doing that, or at any of the training rides (don't worry despite the reputation I seem to have garnered I'm actually harmless and attatched)
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • haha I'm Derbyshire based it was a random name I came up with during the what mountain bike days!
  • Gazlar
    That's where you're going wrong then, you're attracting blokes in the wrong country
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    lovewales wrote:
    haha I'm Derbyshire based it was a random name I came up with during the what mountain bike days!

Derbyshire? That place still exists? And for that reason I'm out.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Well helllloooooo! (licks eyebrows!)

Definitely the right place for dating advice!

Chloroform laced cloth seems a popular method or rohypnol on here!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • There's enough adverts on tv for those site. One most be of some use ???
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    lovewales wrote:
    As we said in the valentine thread, offer to take up the bum and someone will love ya.

You're obviously not very old are you, I thought this was normal - or is it just that I'm a little more experienced?? :lol::lol:

when can we meet? :wink::lol:
  • Gazlar
    welshkev wrote:
    lovewales wrote:
    As we said in the valentine thread, offer to take up the bum and someone will love ya.

I thought you'd met Waylander?
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • lovewales wrote:

Actually well into my 30's but this is the Crudcatcher lady... If a Joke can be laboured it will be and if it is infantile all the better!
  • Gazlar wrote:
    welshkev wrote:
    lovewales wrote:

I thought you'd met Waylander?

He has... we are both still sore (_!_) .... (_0_)
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Let me know when you find the magic answer to this one lovewales... :roll:

I'm not having any luck with the internet dating lark, funnily enough also met a chap who was shorter than me (i'm 5ft 4 :shock: ) and another who spent most of the date explaining how Immarsat worked. Brilliant. Keep getting hundreds of 'winks' from inappropriate sorts along with scary emails, and one chap who asked if it was actually me in the MTBing photos in my profile. Who the flipping heck does he think is in them??!!

Oh, and lots of men who claim to be into mountain biking but what they really mean is that they own something that looks like a mountain bike that they once used to ride to the pub. This is not my idea of mountain biking.....

*sigh*
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • tudj
    tudj Posts: 254
    miss notax wrote:
    Let me know when you find the magic answer to this one lovewales... :roll:

I'm not having any luck with the internet dating lark, funnily enough also met a chap who was shorter than me (i'm 5ft 4 :shock: ) and another who spent most of the date explaining how Immarsat worked. Brilliant. Keep getting hundreds of 'winks' from inappropriate sorts along with scary emails, and one chap who asked if it was actually me in the MTBing photos in my profile. Who the flipping heck does he think is in them??!!

Oh, and lots of men who claim to be into mountain biking but what they really mean is that they own something that looks like a mountain bike that they once used to ride to the pub. This is not my idea of mountain biking.....

*sigh*

Internet dating is set up for those exact people you mention, it appeals to those with lower confidence etc because there's a level of anonymity. I bet for every sane person there are 100 nutters/creeps/oddballs on them :P

The cycle club idea is good, you're going to meet plenty of like-minded people. There are about 250 people in mine from all ages/walks of life and you already have something in common.