Oscar Pistorious kills girlfriend

Gabbo
Gabbo Posts: 864
edited February 2013 in The cake stop
South African national icon held in custody after fatally shooting his girlfriend, confusing her with a burglar.

Sad news for her loved ones, including him if he genuinely mistook her for a burglar :-(

Comments

• If he ends up in court he won't have a leg to stand on!

Yes, I know it's in bad taste but someone was going to do it so it may as well have been me.
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    I'm surprised he didn't do a runner.

Too soon?
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    I bet this isn't what she expected when he said he'd take her out on valentine's day...
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Shot her? I thought he favoured blades.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    He was drunk apparently, absolutely legless.

The older I get, the better I was.

• No doubt Chris Froome watching this with interest....
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    A Good news Valentines Day Story for Singletons!

ah screw it I don't care
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • herb71
    herb71 Posts: 253
    Buying her that Cat-burglar outfit for Valentines day seemed like a good idea at the time.
  • Sad.

His new favourite band, My Bloody Valentine ...
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Ace, Ace, Ace, Ace !!
    All responses are bloody marvellous ! Well done gents :lol:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,505
    Roses are Red
    Violets are glorious
    Don't try to surprise
    Oscar Pistorius
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,919
    It's quite ironic none of this would have happened if he was born without arms.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • ddraver
    rozzer32 wrote:
    It's quite ironic none of this would have happened if he was born without arms.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    - @ddraver
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    After Tiger and Lance, OP is the latest athlete to suffer the Curse of Nike. For some reason, they have decided to remove their ad...

BDDgpuqCIAA37TO.jpg:large
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • CrunchyToes
    CrunchyToes Posts: 2
    edited February 2016
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    I can't believe the amount of poor taste here, so can we be serious for a minute.

Assuming that Pistorious does go to jail, then surely he would not be allowed to have his running legs in prison would he? I mean, apart from the issue of the legs being a weapon and him having constant access to a 'chiv', they could enable him to bound over the prison fence like a Sringbok could they not? Then there's the problem of actually catching up with him. Imagine that chase!

I know that in America at the moment there are serious debates going on regarding the right to bear arms, but does Pistorious have the right to bear legs? And I don't mean in the 'should I shave or should I wax?' way either.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    I can't believe the amount of poor taste here, so can we be serious for a minute.

Assuming that Pistorious does go to jail, then surely he would not be allowed to have his running legs in prison would he? I mean, apart from the issue of the legs being a weapon and him having constant access to a 'chiv', they could enable him to bound over the prison fence like a Sringbok could they not? Then there's the problem of actually catching up with him. Imagine that chase!

I know that in America at the moment there are serious debates going on regarding the right to bear arms, but does Pistorious have the right to bear legs? And I don't mean in the 'should I shave or should I wax?' way either.

Just brilliant. :mrgreen:
    Living MY dream.
  • Oscar isn't the first bloke to get legless and shoot over his girlfriend's face after mistaking her for somebody else...... :mrgreen:
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    I started reading this thread expecting a serious debate... I should have known better. Tasteless in the extreme guys, and not funny in the slightest ...
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Mikey23 wrote:
    I started reading this thread expecting a serious debate... I should have known better. Tasteless in the extreme guys, and not funny in the slightest ...

Ok, we'll stop.

Consider yourself told guys !
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    Apparently the police have found evidence that proves his innocence......

Footprints.
  • Gabbo
    Okay, all jokes aside for a moment (if that's possible).

He claimed he suspected a burglar, however there were previously reports of domestic violence or some form of abuse at his very own address. He did, however, state a couple months ago on twitter how he suspected that there was an intruder inside his house, only to find that his girlfriend had been in to put the tumble dryer on. His weapons are licensed to him and he lives in a country full of violence.

Question is, did he intend to kill her? Or did he genuinely mistake her for someone else? Even so, should he be charged for murder? I say yes! Why shoot ANY intruder in the head? Shooting someone in the head is an attempt to kill, not make less able.
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    Gabbo wrote:

He claimed he suspected a burglar, however there were previously reports of domestic violence or some form of abuse at his very own address. He did, however, state a couple months ago on twitter how he suspected that there was an intruder inside his house, only to find that his girlfriend had been in to put the tumble dryer on. His weapons are licensed to him and he lives in a country full of violence.

Question is, did he intend to kill her? Or did he genuinely mistake her for someone else? Even so, should he be charged for murder? I say yes! Why shoot ANY intruder in the head? Shooting someone in the head is an attempt to kill, not make less able.

He shot her 4 times (or 5 depending on the media outlet you listen to).
  • Gabbo
    Rigga wrote:
    Gabbo wrote:

Even worse! Was he half asleep by any chance?
  • sigorman85
    sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
    Get a grip ppl who are to serious lighten up this wouldn't have happend if he had no arms !
    When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,919
    sigorman85 wrote:
    Get a grip ppl who are to serious lighten up this wouldn't have happend if he had no arms !

Yea I already did that joke :wink:
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • Rigga wrote:

Once he'd found out she was a replicant he had no option.
    - Slave to the cadence -
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    This thread is unbelievable.
    A 30 yo woman is dead and 2 families destroyed - that anyone thinks its a topic for "humour" is sick.

Yesterday was "one billion and rising" an action to try and stop violence against women.

why not crack jokes about the mumbia rape/murder victim or the 2 cyclists killed in Bristol recently?
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    To say nothing of disability 'jokes'. It seems that south Africa's golden boy has fallen in a spectacular way. I would be interested to know whether it is legal to carry guns for self defense in that country. Also what to folks think about whether it is possible to live a normal life in a walled and marshalled enclave that sets you apart from the majority of the population
  • ddraver
    Uh oh the Daily Mail have found us boys....
    - @ddraver