This morning's roadkill:

Rabbits: 5
    Squirrels: 3
    Hedgeghogs: 3
    Pigeons (Feral): 3
    Woodpigeons: 1
    Sparrows: 1
    Kestrels: 1
  • 8:30 Friday morning according to the BBC. 12 fighters, a voyager and the red arrows. Should be some display.
    Someone on my face book posted a photo of a submarine last night. Still waiting for it to be verified though.

It was good. As good as a flypast can be of course. The Arrows got a big cheer. Cardiff Bay was absolutely packed with people a lot of whom had chosen to cycle there.

The NATO road closures seem to have rekindled a lot of cycling in the City.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • holiver
    holiver Posts: 729
    The sun silhouetted by the Liver Building was pretty special a couple of nights ago.
  • I saw a Mercedes driver who used his indicators.....
  • 8:30 Friday morning according to the BBC. 12 fighters, a voyager and the red arrows. Should be some display.
    Someone on my face book posted a photo of a submarine last night. Still waiting for it to be verified though.

It was good. As good as a flypast can be of course. The Arrows got a big cheer. Cardiff Bay was absolutely packed with people a lot of whom had chosen to cycle there.

The NATO road closures seem to have rekindled a lot of cycling in the City.

unfortunately I have a stinking cold which has gone to my chest so I missed the entire thing.
    Cannondale CAAD 10
    Genesis Equilibrium Disc 10
    Bird Zero TR
  • I normally see 1-2 grey herons, lots of swans, maybe a big rat and various species of geese and water birds, occasionally even a cormoran... however yesterday I've only seen the police tape indicating a crime scene... :cry:
    left the forum March 2023
  • daddy0
    daddy0 Posts: 686
    I shared part of my journey with a kestrel yesterday. It was awesome, he/she flew right alongside me for a good minute, maybe more. I could've reached out and touched him/her if I wanted.
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    Deceased:

Rabbits: 10
    Squirrels: 2
    Foxes: 1
    Pigeons (feral): 3
    Buzzards: 1
  • rower63
    rower63 Posts: 1,991
    Daddy0 wrote:
    I shared part of my journey with a kestrel yesterday. It was awesome, he/she flew right alongside me for a good minute, maybe more. I could've reached out and touched him/her if I wanted.
    Did it have a grey head and tail, or brown? If grey, it was a male, if brown, a female or a juvenile :)
    Dolan Titanium ADX 2016
    Ridley Noah FAST 2013
    Bottecchia/Campagnolo 1990
    Carrera Parva Hybrid 2016
    Hoy Sa Calobra 002 2014 [off duty]
    Storck Absolutist 2011 [off duty]
    http://www.slidingseat.net/cycling/cycling.html
  • On way to work on Thursday on a nice fast country road and police car flew past with sirens blaring. Couple of miles up the road there was a small white van on it's side in a ditch on a tight bend with a fella stuck inside :E
    First love - Genesis Equilibrium 20
    Dirty - Forme Calver CX Sport
    Quickie - Scott CR1 SL HMX
    Notable ex's - Kinesis Crosslight, Specialized Tricross
  • dead badger last week - big fella's those guys.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Ian.B
    Ian.B Posts: 732
    On the way in, a cyclist on NKR who appeared to be still in her pyjamas
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Ian.B wrote:
    On the way in, a cyclist on NKR who appeared to be still in her pyjamas
    This reminds me, saw someone on Grays Inn Road on Saturday, on a road bike wearing a brown bear onesie (with the hood up, featuring a snout, teeth, whiskers etc.)
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Last night lots of bats. Had seen the Deer poking their antlers though the mist in the morning.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Not on the commute but I saw about 30 Bromptons all out for a ride together.
    What's the collective noun for Bromptons? A fold of Bromptons?
  • daddy0
    daddy0 Posts: 686
    rower63 wrote:
    Daddy0 wrote:
    Did it have a grey head and tail, or brown? If grey, it was a male, if brown, a female or a juvenile :)

'Twas all brown - reckon it must've been a female :-)

The fields were all pretty barren as the farmer had baled all the hay up. So I reckon it was following me to see if I startled any bunnies in the hedgerow.
  • vermin
    Sadly departed:

Rabbits: 4
    Hedgehogs:2

A great night for Cheshire wildlife.
  • 3 bunnies who dithered and then found themselves the wrong side of the path up against a fence but then couldn't escape... and I went past and they all threw carrots at me the bastards.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Not on the commute but I saw about 30 Bromptons all out for a ride together.
    What's the collective noun for Bromptons? A fold of Bromptons?

London Brompton Club Beer & sausages ride at the weekend. They rode a loop from Richmond to Windsor and then back to Richmond and the Bier Keller.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    A bloke riding a moped wearing a non-visor helmet and a chimpanzee mask. Could be about to rob a bank but also possibly wearing it just because he wants to.
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    msmancunia wrote:
    A bloke riding a moped wearing a non-visor helmet and a chimpanzee mask. Could be about to rob a bank but also possibly wearing it just because he wants to.
    In Manchester, probably the first option.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • vermin
    Are you sure it wasn't just Ian Brown?
  • msmancunia
    vermin wrote:
    Are you sure it wasn't just Ian Brown?

Very good! :lol:
  • holiver
    holiver Posts: 729
    Big fucking moon last night.
  • vermin
    A British Cycling van was parked 10 doors up my road. This, after a BC car drove very slowly past my house at the weekend too. Pretty sure they're tracking my Strava trace. Chaps, if you really need me, you can always pm me here. :mrgreen:
  • sometimes my road its too long :|
  • vermin
    In memoriam:

Rabbits: 6
    Hedgehogs: 1
    Badgers: 1
    Unidentified creatures: 1

Becomming pretty certain that the BC employee has set up base to monitor my performance on a long term basis. Either that or they live on my road.
  • vimfuego
    vimfuego Posts: 1,783
    Becomming pretty certain that the BC employee has set up base to monitor my performance on a long term basis. Either that or they live on my road.[/quote]

That or it's the NSA. If you will send those emails to Obama.........
    CS7
    Surrey Hills
    What's a Zwift?
  • msmancunia
    vermin wrote:
    In memoriam:

Rabbits: 6
    Hedgehogs: 1
    Badgers: 1
    Unidentified creatures: 1

Becomming pretty certain that the BC employee has set up base to monitor my performance on a long term basis. Either that or they live on my road.

Well it's not me. I'm not allowed in South Manchester on account of me being too common.

Van or car?
    Does it say Great Britain Cycling Team or does it say British Cycling? If it's the former then you're obviously being tapped up for the team, but if it's the latter then they are probably just sussing you out for a Breeze ride leader..... :cry:
  • vermin
    msmancunia wrote:
    Well it's not me.
    Good. Don't make me enforce that restraining order. Again.
    msmancunia wrote:
    Van or car?
    Does it say Great Britain Cycling Team or does it say British Cycling? If it's the former then you're obviously being tapped up for the team, but if it's the latter then they are probably just sussing you out for a Breeze ride leader..... :cry:

There are two of them, a car and a van, both silver. Can't remember off the top of my head what the graphics all over them say, but it's one or the other. Will check and report back.