Raleigh? Yeah, Raleigh!!

fujisst
fujisst Posts: 17
edited April 2013 in Your road bikes

Newest addition to the family - a 15lb 5oz baby girl! Isn't she lovely?!

Comments

• declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Woah! Look at that saddle!!!

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • Big fan of Raleigh bikes, deserves better pictures though.

What's going on with your saddle position and your bars Dam. :shock:

Can you list the model and the bike spec would be very interested.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    better pics would help - those make it look like it's been crashed..
  • philwint
    philwint Posts: 763
    Yup - the pictures have got scrunched up distorting the shape of the bike quite impressively!!
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    :shock:
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • LOL! Glad you guys have been able to not get distracted by the trees and can see the forest. :D
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    That looks like the sort of saddle position they'd use in 50 shades of grey.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • mr_sj
    mr_sj Posts: 507
    NapoleonD wrote:

:D
  • imposter2.0
    fujisst wrote:
    LOL! Glad you guys have been able to not get distracted by the trees and can see the forest. :D

Trees, forest - any chance of some decent pics of the bike? Your set up looks interesting - and at the moment the pics make it look like it's been ridden into a wall at speed.
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    Imposter wrote:
    Trees, forest - any chance of some decent pics of the bike? Your set up looks WRONG - and at the moment the pics make it look like it's been ridden into a wall at speed.

FTFY
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    NapoleonD wrote:

To me, the saddle looks like Concorde taking off!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Amusing comments. :D
    Is ADD contagious or something? LOL!

Saddle tilt is an individual thing - yes, no? One size fits all bar reach - yes, no?

Photos required resizing prior to posting.
  • We need better photos! What are those 3 cable ties on the top tube doing?
  • philvantwo wrote:
    We need better photos! What are those 3 cable ties on the top tube doing?

ye strange. all i can think of is there holding the decals on :lol: the cut ends on them are just waiting to rip a thigh open. Raleigh used to be a great company, sure is a nice looking bike.
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    Speed sensor looks to be on the back wheel for some reason. Cable ties could be for that.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • Joeblack
    Joeblack Posts: 829
    I think there are 4 or 5 comments on this thread that made lol!!!

Concord taking off won for me, as its true!!
    One plays football, tennis or golf, one does not play at cycling
  • napoleond
    Saddles are designed to be level, try raising it slightly and levelling it.

The bar shifters pointing down is a bit odd too. Hit a big pothole and your hands could slide off... If you need to have them down for extra reach then try a 10mm longer stem or something...
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    deserves better pictures though.

yes
  • k-dog wrote:
    Speed sensor looks to be on the back wheel for some reason. Cable ties could be for that.

Wired Power Tap. Wheel and head unit omitted from photo.
  • NapoleonD wrote:

The bar shifters pointing down is a bit odd too. Hit a big pothole and your hands could slide off... If you need to have them down for extra reach then try a 10mm longer stem or something...

Dogmatic - yes, no?
    Saddles are designed to support a cyclist's weight. However that cyclist finds comfort is his/her choice - not via convention or peer pressure. Yeah, I make a habit of riding into potholes and my hands slide off all the time. LOL!

I bet you'd be willing to tell me the 'proper' way to put toothpaste on my toothbrush? Take a break from the pedanticism - it's cycling afterall. :wink:
  • imposter2.0
    Can we not just have some better pics ?
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Saddles are designed to support a cyclist's weight. However that cyclist finds comfort is his/her choice - not via convention or peer pressure.
    I try (usually unsuccessfully) not to be dogmatic about cycling, but I think everyone should at least try their saddles flat for a while. Virtually every pro rider ever can't be wrong!
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    ? Whats with the bar tape? Both sides seem to go in same wrap direction and all the way into the stem.
    This could be a work in progress? :wink:
  • napoleond
    fujisst wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

Dogmatic - yes, no?
    Saddles are designed to support a cyclist's weight. However that cyclist finds comfort is his/her choice - not via convention or peer pressure. Yeah, I make a habit of riding into potholes and my hands slide off all the time. LOL!

I bet you'd be willing to tell me the 'proper' way to put toothpaste on my toothbrush? Take a break from the pedanticism - it's cycling afterall. :wink:

Cycling is pedantic.

If you can't take a critique of your bike don't post a picture on here.

Saddles are designed to be level, at the angle you have yours there is a strong possibility you will develop problems associated with excess perineal pressure such as prostatitis.
    How about giving what I said about raising a couple of mm and levelling it a go. Same with moving the shifters up the bars as braking on the hoods must be pretty bobbins.
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • NapoleonD wrote:
    fujisst wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

Dogmatic - yes, no?

Cycling is pedantic.

Saddles are designed to be level, at the angle you have yours there is a strong possibility you will develop problems associated with excess perineal pressure such as prostatitis.
    How about giving what I said about raising a couple of mm and levelling it a go. Same with moving the shifters up the bars as braking on the hoods must be pretty bobbins.

You may be, but 'cycling' is definitely NOT pedantic. Cycling is populated by a multitude of know-it-alls and snobs - like any activity though. Thankfully, you do not represent 'cycling'. You represent yourself, and much too seriously I might add.

That I have no issues with my saddle in its current orientation should comfort you - perhaps, perhaps not. Thankfully, I've been riding and racing bikes for some time and have a pretty good handle on how my saddle should tilt to provide the comfort I desire, your suggestion and the suggestion we all need to copy professional riding positions notwithstanding.

Try this on for size - it's MY bike, not yours, and I'm the one riding it. :wink: If you don't like my bike, no sweat. I'd be willing to wager more do than don't. Take a break, my man. And if you can't take any 'push back', suggest you try being a little less critical in the future. :wink:
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    Fujisst

Could you please post a proper picture so that we can all make more criticisms based on accurate information and not some weird distorted thing.
  • napoleond
    fujisst wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:
    fujisst wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

Dogmatic - yes, no?

Cycling is pedantic.

You may be, but 'cycling' is definitely NOT pedantic. Cycling is populated by a multitude of know-it-alls and snobs - like any activity though. Thankfully, you do not represent 'cycling'. You represent yourself, and much too seriously I might add.

That I have no issues with my saddle in its current orientation should comfort you - perhaps, perhaps not. Thankfully, I've been riding and racing bikes for some time and have a pretty good handle on how my saddle should tilt to provide the comfort I desire, your suggestion and the suggestion we all need to copy professional riding positions notwithstanding.

Try this on for size - it's MY bike, not yours, and I'm the one riding it. :wink: If you don't like my bike, no sweat. I'd be willing to wager more do than don't. Take a break, my man. And if you can't take any 'push back', suggest you try being a little less critical in the future. :wink:

I hope you enjoy riding it, but I really think you should at least try it.
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • rsands
    rsands Posts: 60
    woow what a saddle and bar angle.

im interested to hear the reasoning behind the bar and saddle angle though. What feels uncomfortable about it being somewhat "normal" level/slightly up? does your weight feel unsupported if its level? do you feel like your sliding forward on the bars if its down further? Just keen to hear your feedback on the setup as its definately unique
  • NapoleonD wrote:
    fujisst wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:
    fujisst wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

Dogmatic - yes, no?

Cycling is pedantic.

I hope you enjoy riding it, but I really think you should at least try it.

I'm really suprised you think you're suggesting something novel - that I haven't already tried the conventional position. So, let me inform you, "Been there - done that". Perhaps you really should consider trying my position - as it may very well work for you too - or not, "but I really think you should at least try it". :)
  • Let's be honest, it looks like a croc of sh*t.

As others have pointed out, it is very poorly set up and nobody, you included could find it an optimal position to ride in. Looks like a shop that have no idea how to set up a road bike have cobbled it together and you have bought it and not changed the set up from how it left the shop.