Mallorca Challenge (SPOILER!!!!!)

13»

Comments

• Hope so. On a personal level Swifty's had a lot of set-backs and bad luck over the last couple of years, and it would be nice if he could have a decent injury-free run, for a change
  • Henao and Uran in 9th and 10th. Good stuff.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    A whole commute of line lunges: excellent.
    People will think you're having seizures - you may well get pulled off by a medic and strapped down. Some us pay good money for that...
    It's good when you get a real sense that everybody in a conversation comes out of it enlightened and fully clued up on a matter.

So, I lunged all the way on my commute this morning. Can someone explain why I got in at exactly the same time as normal, and the train didn't seem to go any faster?

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • Ahh physics you bar steward. In this situation your arms and legs are effectively springs. If you were to throw a punch in front of your good self your fist will accelerate rapidly from point A to B. Now throw the same punch in a car travelling at 30mph and your fist would get from A to B faster than it would have if you kept your fist holstered. So, actual speed + potential energy stored in the arms and lags = more speed but only for a tiny amount of time.

Although I might be wrong. It could be magic.....
  • ratsbeyfus wrote:
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    A whole commute of line lunges: excellent.
    People will think you're having seizures - you may well get pulled off by a medic and strapped down. Some us pay good money for that...
    It's good when you get a real sense that everybody in a conversation comes out of it enlightened and fully clued up on a matter.

So, I lunged all the way on my commute this morning. Can someone explain why I got in at exactly the same time as normal, and the train didn't seem to go any faster?

Wrong kind of lungeing, ratty... :wink:
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    confused.jpg

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • Contador is the Greatest
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    Danny Pate has gone all Rapha!
  • Yeah mustaches look really bad.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    To be honest the fact that current fashion is basically based on this is really bad...

Disguise.jpg
  • I think this monstrous coffee can be behind Bibby's performance.

a52eb8ac695b11e2815722000a1fa518_7.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest