Had 5 bikes Stolen overnight

13»

Comments

• NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    gtvlusso wrote:
    mudcow007 wrote:
    im hopefully connecting my shed to our house alarm this weekend, so if they do get into my man cave at least i will hear them

i was going to fit a door sensor but decided on a pir instead

is it true the police cant lift finger prints off a wooden shed?

I have a friend who has mounted a shotgun blank into a firing arrangement on his shed door. if you open the door without disabling the device - KABOOM!

**Blank round does not fire anything - just make noise!**

Not strictly true. Blank rounds do fire something, hence the BFA attachments required for safe firing of blanks. Blank rounds can still cause serious injury if used without BFAs.

Also there is the little matter of an unsecured firearm which the police would actually be more interested in than the theft of the bikes.

I like the idea though, but there are more than one ways to skin a cat ;)
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • Semi-automatic paintball gun with flourescent dye - or a paint grenade with the same....

My gun has an e-grip which can (apparently...) be switched over to fully automatic and (apparently) fire around 15 shots a second (I'm told).

I'm also told that being on the receiving end of such a barrage is bloody terrifying. Not that I would know about such things as a fully automatic paintball gun firing 900 rounds a minute is illegal, and I would never condone the use of the same against thieving scroats attempting to steal my property
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    I would go more for a rabbid rotweiler on the other side and if the police complained I could easily say he was defending his home ;)

Like the paint ball idea though especially if the paint was a permanent paint which never washed off :twisted:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    itboffin wrote:
    Team Garmin just had 16 di2 Cervelo R5 stolen how the hell would someone be able to do that?

*heads straight to ebay*

:twisted:
  • Have you had any luck on this spen - I've been doing ebay and gumtree searches for donahue over the weekend for you (as its the obvious keyword to search) and so far nothing. I even tried goofbid - on the basis that the retards couldnt spell the bike name correctly - and sadly no luck either.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    sadly, no joy so far, thanks for the looking

I've been looking & circulated word around local bike shops & cycling club.
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    Did anybody mentions this already?

http://bikeshd.co.uk/
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,767
    It was 6 weeks after my bike was stolen that it appeared on Ebay. Made me think they waited long enough in the hope that I'd given up. When I did get it back the police said they couldn't prove he was the thief, even though he had other bikes for sale, each one using a different name. :evil:
    By the time I got the bike back my insurance claim had gone through and I had a new bike. I informed my insurers I had got the bike back and they didn't know what to do.
    Take a look at this. Can't prove it, but I suspect it's stolen. The description is copied from the manufacturers specs, look at his other items for sale and his history. The guy selling my bike claimed it was registered on an anti-theft site. But he'd deliberately listed the frame number with one digit wrong.
  • natrix
    natrix Posts: 1,111
    NGale wrote:
    Also there is the little matter of an unsecured firearm which the police would actually be more interested in than the theft of the bikes.

Not true, these are called 'poacher alarms' (try googling it) and are perfectly legal. :D:D
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    This one looks well dodgy too:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kona-Jake-200 ... 1e7739799e

It's probably in decent nick though, as it doesn't look like it's ever been ridden fast.

PS, take the ad down and sell it to me.
  • veronese68
    vermin wrote:
    This one looks well dodgy too:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kona-Jake-200 ... 1e7739799e

It's probably in decent nick though, as it doesn't look like it's ever been ridden fast.

PS, take the ad down and sell it to me.
    You're not wrong, it has been stolen but thankfully recovered. I'm hoping to get more than £12.50 for it, I don't know why but I couldn't set a reserve for it.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    edited February 2013
    Veronese68 wrote:
    It was 6 weeks after my bike was stolen that it appeared on Ebay. Made me think they waited long enough in the hope that I'd given up. When I did get it back the police said they couldn't prove he was the thief, even though he had other bikes for sale, each one using a different name. :evil:
    By the time I got the bike back my insurance claim had gone through and I had a new bike. I informed my insurers I had got the bike back and they didn't know what to do.
    Take a look at this. Can't prove it, but I suspect it's stolen. The description is copied from the manufacturers specs, look at his other items for sale and his history. The guy selling my bike claimed it was registered on an anti-theft site. But he'd deliberately listed the frame number with one digit wrong.
    Who did you turn up with to get the bike back?

Looking at this makes me feel really bad as its probably someone elses bike who didn't have it long.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • veronese68
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Who did you turn up with to get the bike back?
    Police got it back then I had to go and prove it was mine. I pitched up and fitted my lights to the brackets and they said "that'll be yours then." I also had the bill of sale with the frame number on it.
    The hardest part was convincing them that it was a stolen bike and it was mine and that they really should do something about it. I had to really pester them to get something done. A friend of mine that is with the Met told me I would have to make such a nuisance of myself they would deal with it just to shut me up.
    If the same happened again I would contact the Cycle Taskforce rather than the local station.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Police got it back then I had to go and prove it was mine. I pitched up and fitted my lights to the brackets and they said "that'll be yours then." I also had the bill of sale with the frame number on it.
    The hardest part was convincing them that it was a stolen bike and it was mine and that they really should do something about it. I had to really pester them to get something done. A friend of mine that is with the Met told me I would have to make such a nuisance of myself they would deal with it just to shut me up.
    If the same happened again I would contact the Cycle Taskforce rather than the local station.
    Ah OK, I thought you might have turned up with a few slap happy big dudes in tow...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • veronese68
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Ah OK, I thought you might have turned up with a few slap happy big dudes in tow...
    That was a possible plan if all else failed. I certainly wasn't going to let it go.