EPO Delivery Man
EPO Delivery Man Posts: 271
edited February 2013 in Pro race
What do you think?

Comments

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,958
    no.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,176
    Maybe, maybe not.
    He's around 3/1 with the bookies which seems about right, perhaps a tad short.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • 3/1 isnt bad odds i guess. Worth a punt even if i dont think he will.
    Whos the fav with the bookies then? Contador?
  • If he's got the form of last year & the team support I would say yes, but you never know what form the other top riders are going to be in.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    I've got to admit it I am a big fan. On the plus side, if it was about ability alone he has a chance with the parcour ahead. So, a big yes due to his efforts in last years' Tour and the Vuelta in 2011. He has shown he has the stamina to cope with the 3 weeks racing. However, there are issues about how he might handle the pressure as both team leader for Sky and the excesses of the media circus and finally... there is more competition this time around!

It might all come down to Wiggo and the commitment of the team. Should be fascinating to watch whatever happens.
  • RichN95.
    3/1 isnt bad odds i guess. Worth a punt even if i dont think he will.
    Here you go:

tdfodds.png

From www.oddschecker.com
  • RonB
    Gotta say that Mr Nibs might be a bit offended by that!
  • The problem i have with Froome is more about the management. I dont doubt the engine and the commitment, but the only question mark for me is leader decision making.
    Lets say Wiggins is helping him up a mountain and someone attacks, knowing Froome he would probably bolt off after them but Wiggo might be sitting there thinking "leave it Chris", but sees him going after them, so does he call him back?
    Does he let him run his race, hes team leader afterall? Even if he knows its not right?
    If Wiggo gives him advice are they going to conflict with what Froome wants?

I have a problem with this side of it. If ive made sense :D
  • RichN95 wrote:
    3/1 isnt bad odds i guess. Worth a punt even if i dont think he will.
    Here you go:

tdfodds.png

From http://www.oddschecker.com

Superb thanks Rich
  • RonB wrote:

I was thinking exactly that!
  • RichN95.
    RonB wrote:
    This is why: http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/10/ ... our_262043
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,904
    I'll take Wiggo at those odds. Froome will have at least one bad day (just a guess and opinion!)
  • RichN95 wrote:
    RonB wrote:
    This is why: http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/10/ ... our_262043

Sounds like Wiggins v Nibali round 2 at the Giro then

Cant wait!
  • RonB
    And that is why I will never be a gambler or a bookie. Thanks Rich :oops:
  • LeePaton
    LeePaton Posts: 353
    No.
    It's not so much about winning, I just hate losing.
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    If Wiggins can help him keep his head then maybe. Froome has enough in his TT to hurt a clean Contador.
  • Froome or Wiggins, are both a 'no' :roll:
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,244
    ElLawro wrote:
    Froome or Wiggins, are both a 'no' :roll:

Exactly.

Froome won't ever seriously challenge The True Big-Hitters for any GT podium place
    and
    Wiggins won't ever improve on his fluke 4th place in '09 Tour (except, maybe, if Contador or Schleck get busted for doping and Bradley gets bumped up to 3rd - but that's a long shot that he shouldn't hold his breath about)

C'mon, get real: these are secondary riders in GB colours that should've stuck to MTB and track, respectively.
    Froome will never challenge in the TTs and I can't see Wiggins ever being in yellow in the high mountains.
    Not only that, can you ever imagine a serious GT squad being set up around either of those 2? Way too risky...

Oh wait, hang on... this is still 2010, isn't it?
  • The problem i have with Froome is more about the management. I dont doubt the engine and the commitment, but the only question mark for me is leader decision making.
    Lets say Wiggins is helping him up a mountain and someone attacks, knowing Froome he would probably bolt off after them but Wiggo might be sitting there thinking "leave it Chris", but sees him going after them, so does he call him back?
    Does he let him run his race, hes team leader afterall? Even if he knows its not right?
    If Wiggo gives him advice are they going to conflict with what Froome wants?

I have a problem with this side of it. If ive made sense :D

It is not unusual for teams to have a Leader, as in the main contender, and a Captain that calls the tactics and organises the the team on the road.
    If this is agreed up front it could work for Sky, in answer to your query above.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Froome can win the Tour, but whether he will is in the hands of the Gods. And his EPO delivery man.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Only if Contador isn't at his best or falls off.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,016
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    ElLawro wrote:
    Froome or Wiggins, are both a 'no' :roll:

Exactly.

Froome won't ever seriously challenge The True Big-Hitters for any GT podium place
    and
    Wiggins won't ever improve on his fluke 4th place in '09 Tour (except, maybe, if Contador or Schleck get busted for doping and Bradley gets bumped up to 3rd - but that's a long shot that he shouldn't hold his breath about)

C'mon, get real: these are secondary riders in GB colours that should've stuck to MTB and track, respectively.
    Froome will never challenge in the TTs and I can't see Wiggins ever being in yellow in the high mountains.
    Not only that, can you ever imagine a serious GT squad being set up around either of those 2? Way too risky...

Oh wait, hang on... this is still 2010, isn't it?

Had me going there.. :lol:
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    Only if Contador isn't at his best or falls off.

Or gets banned.
  • owl.jpg
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,244
    Vesterberg wrote:
    owl.jpg

That's a 'yes', then?
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Depends if his rivals are doping.
  • At least he does attack rather than looking at his power meter , less efficient but more exciting
    The UCI are Clowns and Fools
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    If Froome does what Wiggo tells him, then yes he can win.

One small possibility though is that Wiggo ends up in full support of Froome but never actually cracks. Wiggo then ends up beating Froome as a result of the time he will doubt take out of him even with the reduced TT mileage at this Tour.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Daz555 wrote:
    If Froome does what Wiggo tells him, then yes he can win.

One small possibility though is that Wiggo ends up in full support of Froome but never actually cracks. Wiggo then ends up beating Froome as a result of the time he will doubt take out of him even with the reduced TT mileage at this Tour.

I think it was OCDP who painted a wonderful image of Wiggo leading Froome into the final TT, and pulling up at the side of the road for an ice cream halfway through the TT to allow Froome to overtake him on GC... :)
  • I know I came to the party late, but why does Froome remind me of Dr Evil?
    Is the gorilla tired yet?