Fined in Greenwich Park

13»

Comments

• mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Butterd2 wrote:
    Wow, thanks for coming. As a 2nd row I've got to know a number of props quite intimately ( :shock: ) over the years but even by their low standards that's pretty pointless contribution.

Awesome. Virtual big lanky bloke v Virtual big fat bloke. :lol:
    As a 9, I know well enough to stand clear of any disagreements...
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    mroli wrote:
    Butterd2 wrote:
    Wow, thanks for coming. As a 2nd row I've got to know a number of props quite intimately ( :shock: ) over the years but even by their low standards that's pretty pointless contribution.

Awesome. Virtual big lanky bloke v Virtual big fat bloke. :lol:
    As a 9, I know well enough to stand clear of any disagreements...
    Having shared the road with both of them I'd know not to get between them.
    That's fine though, I could cycle away easily enough from both ;)
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Whoa! Am I the only one who thinks the OP really didn't deserve such a kicking based on his first post?

I don't think it was really a kicking; It was a bad thread and was onto a loser from the instant it was posted.

'I did something wrong, I got nicked and I am angry about it' - we have all posted these threads and had an equal kicking, but some of us learn quicker....not saying I am one of them!

I think people would have more sympathy if the thread was about what the OP could contest or slightly more humble; i.e. 'I f*cked up, but not sure what I can do about it'

As for the whole 'second row' implying that the OP is to be feared - yeah, well that's just childish - Still just someone behind a screen as we all are...so my bullsh1t meter has maxed out.

And the RLJ comment - good for the OP, go for it - yeah, you burn the authorities you little hellraiser you!
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Poor old butterd, I still appreciate the lift you gave me back from that sportive last year, even if it did take longer than the train...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    Butterd2 wrote:
    As a 2nd row I've got to know a number of props quite intimately ( :shock: ) over the years.
    *Ears perk up*
    Butterd2 wrote:
    Wow, thanks for coming.
    *Must be talking to someone else*

Now, I've never heard someone be that polite post coitus, so ... pictures or it never happened.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    curium wrote:
    Does this change the status of that pathway? I can get no meaningful reply from either Greenwich or Lewisham council. I have received abuse from pedestrians walking their dogs about cycling along this path so it is doubly fru.strating that this time last year it was clearly marked as one side being for cyclists
    Removing the signage doesn't change the status, it is either designated and approved (see my earlier post) or not, if it was it still is unless they recinded that at the time.

You have to remember that signage doesn't create a condition it merely indicates that the condition exists due to the relevant process (that applies for speed limits, one ways, no entrys as well as cycle paths), you would of course have a defence to doing something you shouldn't if the signage had confused you into thinking you could though.....

So ask the RPA if it has an order, if it does ask that they repaint the markings!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.