Qatar

Comments

• LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,450
    Monster legs takes the win. Didnt see here doing much on the front.

Nah she did pull a few attacks back...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    Orica - what a shambles - 5 in there and they were almost the last % in the breakaway to finish
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • ddraver
    The Blanco kits look a lot like Rabbobank kits....
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:
    The Blanco kits look a lot like Rabbobank kits....

They didnt make the womens team change, did they - still love the idea of La Vos publicing them
  • Trixi Worrack got a damn good tow there.

But yes what was Hosking's team doing? Hosking maintains the yellow though. Am I right? I missed the last graphic.

Ahh that's nice the commentator has thanked us for watching and hopes we will tune in again tomorrow insh'allah.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Trixi Worrack got a damn good tow there.

But yes what was Hosking's team doing? Hosking maintains the yellow though. Am I right? I missed the last graphic.

Ahh that's nice the commentator has thanked us for watching and hopes we will tune in again tomorrow insh'allah.

Yes, she does. Hope she gives the rest of them a right Aussie earful
  • ddraver
    I thought they had

Crosswind Carnage today!! groups all over the place!

Yes, no change in yellow, presumably every other place is different. There was an Aussie in 2nd and Wilde (or Waleed) was in 3rd
    - @ddraver
  • ilm_zero7
    Rabbobank still sponsor the women
  • ddraver wrote:
    Oh no, he said hansa for 2km to go - must mean something else :(

Edit - oh there we go.....

He was calling the time split to the second group which was at 1.05.
  • ddraver
    hmm, there must be more efficient ways to learn arabic than this...
    - @ddraver
  • ilm_zero7
    odd, my Al Jazeera feed here is in english and you lot are mainly in the UK listening to arabic chatter?
  • ddraver wrote:
    hmm, there must be more efficient ways to learn arabic than this...

Ha ha ha! To be fair, the commentator was not the clearest of speakers - something I would have thought was a prerequisite for a commentator - but at least they were showing it. Perhaps some of the race organisers and broadcasters closer to home might take note... :roll:

Interestingly the commentator didn't even attempt to pronounce Trixi Worrack. There is no 'x' equivalent in Arabic. Thankfully also there were no females with names beginning with P. No 'p' either. It would be Emma Booley, which sounds remarkably like the word for basketball.
  • ddraver
    Ha ha...yep - the Global feed is in arabic it seems....
    - @ddraver
  • ILM Zero7 wrote:
    odd, my Al Jazeera feed here is in english and you lot are mainly in the UK listening to arabic chatter?

Interestingly the link at the top of my page was en.aljazeera... Weird.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Oman lineup is pretty heavy:

Contador, Wiggins and Froome (supported by Dombrowski, Kiri, Porte), Evans, Nibs, Joaquim.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Oman lineup is pretty heavy:

Contador, Wiggins and Froome (supported by Dombrowski, Kiri, Porte), Evans, Nibs, Joaquim.

Yeah, I was looking. Really looking forward to it.
  • frenchfighter
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    Oman lineup is pretty heavy:

do cycling races pay appearance money, and if so do they pay it to the team or individual riders?

plenty of money out there, and if they are trying to establish themselves then I can imagine they would pay dolla to get the best riders
  • frenchfighter
    I wouldnt be surprised if they do in the Middle East, however I would assume that they are there for a chance to race early on and in some warm weather.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Yeah, I'd agree with Frenchie - its probably a middle east thing. Bertie, Ryder and Tony Martin got paid for that stunt race in Dubai a few weeks ago.

Slightly different but Tour of Qatar womens teams have had their travel and accommodation paid for.
  • Good bit of cycling that - deffo a sex check on the girl in white :lol: - anyway, is the womens race going to over lap the mens or do they finish before? Just wondering if it over laps which one Al jazeera will cover - ta.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Good bit of cycling that - deffo a sex check on the girl in white :lol: - anyway, is the womens race going to over lap the mens or do they finish before? Just wondering if it over laps which one Al jazeera will cover - ta.

Finishes Friday, Men's race starts Sunday
  • super stuff - cheers big ears.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • vanleapo
    vanleapo Posts: 150
    Anyone know if Oman is going to be on Eurosport, or do I need to buy an Arabic phrase book?
    Tearfund Tour of Scotland 26th May to 1st June 2013
    http://www.justgiving.com/phil-godley
  • ddraver
    No it's not - some contract rubbish...
    - @ddraver
  • ArdyOCD
    ArdyOCD Posts: 136
    I hope they have it on a well know cycling torrent website - they seem very good at getting it all on there to watch. What time live would days start and finish in GMT time?

Would be quite nice to go out there and try a few of the days - the only thing I'd be worried about is stray camels and being shot/tortured etc
    1-2-3-4 Tell me what you're looking for
  • ddraver
    Ah crap it's already finished today!!
    - @ddraver
  • Just caught the final 5 mins. Wild won, Van Dijk 2nd, Bronzini 3rd

Looks like Hosking either punctured or was in a crash as she rolled in a good 2-3 mins later.

GC now:

Wild
    Hosking
    Elvin
  • vanleapo wrote:
    Anyone know if Oman is going to be on Eurosport, or do I need to buy an Arabic phrase book?

Cycling Weekly confirmed this morning that Oman will be covered by ES