Oprah&Lance - Will you watch live?

Comments

• iainf72 wrote:
    Not watching, live or otherwise.

I'll read the highlights though. Blinking circus.

Wot Iain said.
    Send in the bleeding clowns.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Why would I want to stay up to the small hours to watch what will consist of mostly a) adverts, b) things I heard before from other people and c) padding.

Only a small amount will be new and interesting and I can read about it over breakfast or see clips on Sky News. It'll take we ten minutes tops to get up to speed.

(And there is no way this is 'the end'. Too many people want to feed on the carcass for that to be the case)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    I can't think of anything that encapsulates a complete f**king waste of time more thasn this charade does

So no, I won't be watching or franctically logging on the morning after

If I want to watch bull sh!t, I'll go for a walk in the country
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    edited January 2013
    dsoutar wrote:
    I can't think of anything that encapsulates a complete f**king waste of time more thasn this charade does

So no, I won't be watching or franctically logging on the morning after

Of course you wont... :roll: Yet, you first page of replies are like 40% Lance Armstrong oriented.. That's a lot for a thing that is a f'ucking waste of time.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    So where's the Lance Confession party at then?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    I've been into cycling since just before the Festina scandal and a member of BR for about 6 years. for the majority of my cycling interest time and certainly all of the time I've been a forum member there has been speculation about LA ad whether he would ever get his just desserts. Well I think his interview with Oprah will probably be the closest thing we ever get to any sort of confession or acknowledgement of wrong doing from him so I will certaijnly be interested in what he has to say.

I am also curious as to what the "endgame" is. When will this be well and truly wrung through the system? will it still be haunting us for years to come?
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • thomthom
    Whey! Someone being honest! Who would have thought! :P
  • ThomThom wrote:
    That's a lot of voters on the 'get a life' option while the Lance thread has just hit the 200 pages.. Oh, well.

No inconsistency there. I'm happy to come on here and post about what a tool he is, and I'll read what he had to say the next morning, but I'd no more watch the interview than I would buy his book.
    I have a policy of only posting comment on the internet under my real name. This is to moderate my natural instinct to flame your fatuous, ill-informed, irrational, credulous, bigoted, semi-literate opinions to carbon, you knuckle-dragging f***wits.
  • I'm seriously concerned that if I watch the interview and see that tool, it will just incur rage

Best I catch up via the alternative ways
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    ThomThom wrote:
    So anyone who doesn't share your gleeful enthusiasm for this is now dishonest?

You're an idiot.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • thomthom
    Thank you. Always nice with insults.
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    First person to post a link to a copy of the interview on Friday gets my unending gratitude (by unending I mean until I have finished watching it).

I find it hard to believe anyone here doesn't want to watch it. The whole unravelling of LA's position has been fascinating to watch especially since the Sparks court case.
  • thomthom
    From Cyclingnewsforum about the interview.

Apparently;
    She did her homework, said it was like cramming for a college exam. Read the RD, 7DS, LA Confidential, watched 60Min show with Tyler and Travis etc.
    She had 112 questions prepared, ended up covering 100 of those.
    LA was very responsive; he was prepared to reveal all.
    LA was 'forthcoming', 'Riveting', 'Mesmerizing'
    She will let people make their own judgements on his demeanor
    She believes people will be 'satisfied' that he has answered what people want to know.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    I'll watch it. It'll be fascinating to see which way he goes. Will he find God?
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Like f*** will I be watching.

The ultimate kick in his lying, Yank, gonad would be for no f***er to tune in.

Ftfy.

Otherwise I agree with you.

Ha. Thank you!
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    nathancom wrote:
    First person to post a link to a copy of the interview on Friday gets my unending gratitude (by unending I mean until I have finished watching it).

The BBC are doing a 'Live' commentary

It'll be on Oprah's website
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • nic_77
    nic_77 Posts: 929
    I'll be watching, but then I'm in the US so it's on at prime time for me!
    Interestingly the Washington Post are reporting that there is so much material the interview will now be split over two shows:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/la ... ml?hpid=z1
  • nic_77
    nic_77 Posts: 929
    nic_77 wrote:
    Interestingly the Washington Post are reporting that there is so much material the interview will now be split over two shows:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/la ... ml?hpid=z1

Yep confirmed on the Oprah website (never thought I'd go there):

http://www.oprah.com/own-oprahs-next-ch ... xt-Chapter

Oprah Winfrey's exclusive, no-holds-barred interview with Lance Armstrong, Oprah and Lance Armstrong: The Worldwide Exclusive, has expanded to air as a two-night event on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network. The special episode of Oprah's Next Chapter will air Thursday, January 17, from 9 to 10:30 p.m. ET/PT (as previously announced) and Friday, January 18, at 9 p.m. ET/PT. The interview will be simultaneously streamed LIVE worldwide both nights on Oprah.com
  • carl_p
    carl_p Posts: 989
    I'll Sky + it and watch it at some stage. Nowt else on TV nowadays. Got to be more amusing than an episode of 'Miranda'.
    Specialized Venge S Works
    Cannondale Synapse
    Enigma Etape
    Genesis Flyer Single Speed

Turn the corner, rub my eyes and hope the world will last...
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    2.5 hrs summary of living the american lie. No thanks.
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    nic_77 wrote:

I shall be leaving the land of the free exactly a day before the programme starts.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    ThomThom wrote:

I'll be honest. I'm slightly interested in the content, but not enough to watch 2.5 hours worth of it. I would much rather read the highlights or a transcript.

Seeing Armstrong say something I already know isn't going in enrich my life.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    iainf72 wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:

I'll be honest. I'm slightly interested in the content, but not enough to watch 2.5 hours worth of it. I would much rather read the highlights or a transcript.

Seeing Armstrong say something I already know isn't going in enrich my life.

Oh come on Iain you know a good doping scandal gives you wood. Pretending to be too cool for school about it is fooling no-one.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • It's not about the bike... it's all about Lance. Any slightly normal person would have quietly made peace with the UCI. But the sociopath has managed to make an admission of being a weapons-grade cheat and total tool into prime time.

The only reason it's made headlines over here is because of recent British successes in the sport, and the fact the knobber continues to get airtime simply undermines all of that success. Certainly, the sport could well do without the inevitable hurricane of shit it'll unleash.

I've got a feeling it's going to be like the Princess Diana / Martin Bashir interview; carefully managed, all doe eyes, blaming everyone else, the whole family is evil, please everyone love me. Oprah used to be quite sharp, but I think this will be like the family's faithful old Labrador trying to bring down a bear.

As I can't really afford to replace the telly, or a vets bill to repair one of the cats, I won't be watching it.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    It's not about the bike... it's all about Lance. Any slightly normal person would have quietly made peace with the UCI. But the sociopath...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Ben6899 wrote:
    It's not about the bike... it's all about Lance. Any slightly normal person would have quietly made peace with the UCI. But the sociopath...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Naw, there's a lot of us around.
    Actually, it's rather odd now- where have all the Lance fanboys gone?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    TUSH! OMG Where have you been? How are you doing?!?!?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Tusher
    Why, Mr Guinea-PIg, what a pleasure to meet you again. You are looking quite becoming.

I have spent a most pleasant few months reading of the downfall of The Texan from afar, but alas, by the time I had caught up on 7,000 posts, there was nothing I could add to the intellectual debate.

Additionally, I have given much of my free hours over to the study of what my friends on the Knitting Forum refer to simply as 'Fifty'.

It has quite revolutionised our lives.

Also, I was seduced by Apple Computers and lost my password in The Great Changeover Fiasco.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Live at 2am for 2.5 hours? Not a chance, I'm usually knackered at that time. If only there was a way to give my body a boost so I could keep going.
  • Tusher
    'Fifty'?