Oprah&Lance - Will you watch live?

tailwindhome
tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
edited January 2013 in Pro race
Will you be staying up to watch live?
“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!

Comments

• Brakeless
    Brakeless Posts: 865
    Which UK channel is showing it?
  • Brakeless wrote:

Discovery Channel (Sky 520) at 2:00am Friday morning.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Brakeless wrote:

Sky 520 - Discovery Channel - Friday 2am

Preceded by the frankly awesome sounding "Die Hard 4.0 - The true story"
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    Discovery HD, channel 520 on your Sky box.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    No, this is where the monkeys on cyclismas are useful, someone will have it on Youtube by the time Europe has woken up
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,643
    Anyone on Virgin? I've got Discovery but can't see it in the programme listings on Tivo...
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Ironic for it to be on Discovery
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    I spend quite enough nights out of bed that there is no way I'm wasting good sleeping time on this.
  • I'll probably Sky+ it and see what you lot have to say.

I'm no way staying up until 4am on a school night for a half arsed exercise in arse covering.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • On_What
    On_What Posts: 516
    Sky + here as well, but frankly I reckon it might be a bit of a let down
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    I have a free morning on friday.. so its either stay up and watch lance... or get up early for a bike ride in the freezing cold.

Neither of which are particularly appealing options
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    It's odd really.

It's not breaking news. We know it all already. We're watching to see if he can pull off a Houdini trick or not.

Well. When I say we. I'll inevitably see the highlights and read the commentary on it afterwards. Won't be watching it.

Even I, with near enough 20, 000 posts on a cycling forum, have enough of a life not to stay up.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    dish_dash wrote:
    Anyone on Virgin? I've got Discovery but can't see it in the programme listings on Tivo...

Channel 214 but only available if you have the XL package, which I don't :(
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Like f*** will I be watching.

The ultimate kick in his lying, Yank, gonads would be for no f***er to tune in.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,643
    redvee wrote:
    dish_dash wrote:

Ta, I do... though Tivo programme listings yet to be updated. Will have to do a manual record and watch it on the weekend.

There is going to be a ton of comment, but I'm always a fan of going to the source material.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    I'd rather watch a live feed of Fat Pat and Verdrunken's faces in these times.
  • thomthom
    Btw, you can just watch it on Oprah's internet channel.? No need for Sky, Discovery etc..
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Like f*** will I be watching.

The ultimate kick in his lying, Yank, gonad would be for no f***er to tune in.

Ftfy.

Otherwise I agree with you.
  • I shan't be watching "live" but as the press are reporting (and Oprah is tweeting) the interview appears to have taken place so why did they bill it as live?
  • 2fast748 wrote:
    I shan't be watching "live" but as the press are reporting (and Oprah is tweeting) the interview appears to have taken place so why did they bill it as live?

They mean that it will be broadcast/streamed simultaneously to viewers in all countries
  • I don't want to watch it, but who on this forum is going to want to talk about anything else on Friday morning. I might actually have to do some work! Horror, horror... :(
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Remember, if you watch it live your opinions, no matter how moronic, automatically become more valid than those of someone who hasn't. That's how the internet works.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Not watching, live or otherwise.

I'll read the highlights though. Blinking circus.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • I voted yes but now I've seen what time its on...

Sky+
  • thomthom
    That's a lot of voters on the 'get a life' option while the Lance thread has just hit the 200 pages.. Oh, well.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    ThomThom wrote:
    That's a lot of voters on the 'get a life' option while the Lance thread has just hit the 200 pages.. Oh, well.

Ah but we can "watch" that thread at work.... ;)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • thomthom
    Hey, I won't be watching it either but if I had a day off, I'd watch it. 43% saying people have no life because they'd like to see the 'end' of this interesting subject live is, obviously, off. Saying it means no more than the few articles they can read about the day after is lying and we both know that. :-)

I don't think football fans across the world watching the matches in the middle of the night don't have life. They could read about the matches the day after but choose to watch it live and I can't blame them.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    All those schadenfreude vindaloos are going to make a mess of the Twitter latrine on Friday morning.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • redvee wrote:
    dish_dash wrote:

It's on channel 212 on my Virgin Media box. I've only got the L package but I still get it :D
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,179
    ThomThom wrote:

It was the only option for me, I won't watch it live and the only other 'no' option was 'I don't pay for Sky' which I do :wink:

I'll be catching up on here on Friday (having no doubt been bombarded by it first on TV and radio as Lance is the only sport story more important than football).