Comments

• Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Joelsim wrote:
    Obviously none of our lads tho ;)

Only 'our lads' know that
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    The only person who knows beyond question whether x or y is doping, is the athlete him/herself, and whoever is directly administering the stuff into their bodies.

that's not true, there's a foolproof test

http://www.tritalk.co.uk/forums/viewtop ... ng&start=0
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Crozza wrote:

Are you saying that Lance doped? But he has had hundreds of tests and never once tested positive (apart from those that tested positive)
  • Richmond Racer
    Crozza wrote:
    The only person who knows beyond question whether x or y is doping, is the athlete him/herself, and whoever is directly administering the stuff into their bodies.

Brilliant - all the money spent on doping controls and lab tests can be diverted to saving historic races in Europe
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Crozza wrote:

Brilliant - all the money spent on doping controls and lab tests can be diverted to saving historic races in Europe

Wondered how long it would take you to look it up & comment it is from the dark side
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Richmond Racer
    Crozza wrote:

Wondered how long it would take you to look it up & comment it is from the dark side

Not me guv...you'd never catch me over on the dark side *shudder*
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,241
    So, how far back would I have to trawl through this thread to find anything related to Contador's schedule?
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,546
    DeadCalm wrote:
    So, how far back would I have to trawl through this thread to find anything related to Contador's schedule?

Page 5. Whilst that is not a great example of on topic discussion if you compare it with the 261 pages of Armstrong discussion it is a trifling distraction.

Contador is riding LBL.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,241
    TheBigBean wrote:
    DeadCalm wrote:

Page 5. Whilst that is not a great example of on topic discussion if you compare it with the 261 pages of Armstrong discussion it is a trifling distraction.

Contador is riding LBL.
    Why thank you. You are a gentlebean.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Crozza wrote:

Well I'm surprised it's taken so long for someone to do this but not surprised by the result:

Exactly like we all suspected, 0.254 is not as bad as LA but definitely positive.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    He's going to be in London next Friday. You could stalk him.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    morstar wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:
    I didn't say I didn't enjoy it. Only really got into it about 3 years ago and watch as much as I can. I just find it hard to believe that people think it's clean now

I suppose your time frame of watching combined with your reading may influence your perception.

Not for one second giving it the big, 'you haven't been watching long enough to have an opinion' but...

The riding today is simply far more believable! Throughout the 90's riders did astonishing things on mountain stages that simply look ridiculous in hindsight. There's plenty of stuff on Youtube of guys just dancing up mountains.

Cycling is absolutely not the wild west of doping it was. I personally think it's as clean as any sport can be right now.

Well said that man. Some on here complain about "boring" races or GT stages, but it is fairly obvious to most that the "exciting" riders from the fairly recent or distant past were, by and large, juiced, and that was the reason for there superhuman and "exciting" performances. Probably the reason there is not so much attacking now is the fact that the peloton is cleaner and it is just not possible to maintain those attacks during a long hard GT.
  • mike6 wrote:
    morstar wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:
    I didn't say I didn't enjoy it. Only really got into it about 3 years ago and watch as much as I can. I just find it hard to believe that people think it's clean now

I suppose your time frame of watching combined with your reading may influence your perception.

Not for one second giving it the big, 'you haven't been watching long enough to have an opinion' but...

The riding today is simply far more believable! Throughout the 90's riders did astonishing things on mountain stages that simply look ridiculous in hindsight. There's plenty of stuff on Youtube of guys just dancing up mountains.

Cycling is absolutely not the wild west of doping it was. I personally think it's as clean as any sport can be right now.

Well said that man. Some on here complain about "boring" races or GT stages, but it is fairly obvious to most that the "exciting" riders from the fairly recent or distant past were, by and large, juiced, and that was the reason for there superhuman and "exciting" performances. Probably the reason there is not so much attacking now is the fact that the peloton is cleaner and it is just not possible to maintain those attacks during a long hard GT.

But, but, but, those who find GT stages controlled by the Skytrain riding on the front all day, exciting, must have loved watching the USPS train in action. They had it perfected.
    That's the team with all 9 riders juiced to the eyeballs, all of the time.

One day races is where it's at.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    mike6 wrote:
    morstar wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:

But, but, but, those who find GT stages controlled by the Skytrain riding on the front all day, exciting, must have loved watching the USPS train in action. They had it perfected.

GTs
    Er...no.The people in the know say the recent GTs with the Sky train were the most boring races in living memory. So, ergo, you are well wrong. :D
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    mike6 wrote:
    mike6 wrote:
    morstar wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:

GTs
    Er...no.The people in the know say the recent GTs with the Sky train were the most boring races in living memory. So, ergo, you are well wrong. :D

Speaking of people in the know, I have always wondered if you are THE blazing saddles or just have the same name?