frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
edited October 2013 in Pro race
Tour de San Luis, January 21-17
Tour of Oman, February 11-16
Tirreno-Adriatico, March 6-12
Criterium International, March 23-24
Vuelta al País Vasco, April 1-6
Tour de France, June 29-July 21

Amstel Gold Race, Fleche Wallonne, Liège-Bastogne-Liège are also possibilities.

Currently training in Dubai with Hesjedal and Nibali among others as they were there for the presentation of the Tour of Dubai 2014 and 'raced' an exhibition race.

stage20-2.jpg
tdf2010_etape5_contador.jpg
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    Cant wait to see him rip it up.. :D
    cartoon.jpg
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    Quite a long "prep" time for the tour :wink:
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    No Vuelta a Espania? Or is that too far in advance? I think he has got a pretty good chance at the TDF
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    is that it? or a selection. seems a bit light in April May and June.

He might be on the Beach :D
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    No Dauphine or ToSwitzerland?
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,920
    Jesus frenchie I know you give your right hand a good workout over Bertie but a thread about what races he will be doing. I really think you need to get out more. I think the next level for you will see you end up with a tag on your ankle and have to stay at least 5km away from Bertie at all times.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • frenchfighter
    A far as I am aware that is what has been decided and the in between period is open, largely because there is a possibility he will ride the Giro. Although I suspect he will now go for the Vuleta after the Tour and do another race in between.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • feltkuota
    feltkuota Posts: 333
    Do you have any information on what races all the other drug cheats will be doing?
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,546
    Why do you think he will do two GTs? I thought 2011 put him off that.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    feltkuota wrote:
    Do you have any information on what races all the other drug cheats will be doing?

Nice contribution. :roll:
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    TheBigBean wrote:

he might do the Vuelta as prep for a rather hilly World Champs Road Race in Italy.
  • frenchfighter
    TheBigBean wrote:

He has mentioned doing it, the Vuelta organisers really want him, the course suits him and he likes to give back to his fans (who in Spain have unsurprisingly supported him heavily).
    Contador is the Greatest
  • feltkuota
    feltkuota Posts: 333
    feltkuota wrote:

Nice contribution. :roll:

Thanks, I thought so too. About as relevant as knowing what races a conficted drugs cheat is doing.
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    No mention of when he'll extract and re-infuse, do you have this info?
  • ---
  • TheBigBean wrote:

He has mentioned doing it, the Vuelta organisers really want him, the course suits him and he likes to give back to his fans (who in Spain have unsurprisingly supported him heavily).

I'm sure the organisers do love him. However, interesting article in the latest Procycling about the Spanish attitude to doping, Frenchie. Some surprising words about how Contador is actually viewed in Spain, putting aside the nationalistic pride angle of defending him when he was banned. The adjective 'uneasily' sums it up. Might be worth you reading to get a bit more of a balanced view on the reality on the ground rather than through romantic, rose-tinted glasses.
  • frenchfighter
    I read all pros and cons, analyse them and come to an opinion. Rose-tinted can be thrown at me by various people but I know that isn't the case.

At the end of the day I am happy with my opinion and so I couldn't care less if people have some stupid little snidy remarks to make. It reflects badly on their level of maturity and intelligence.

If you have a link to the article online somewhere, send it over and I will have a read. Again remember that with a lot of these articles it is simply the writer's opinion and I couldn't care less about many of their opinions. If they have relevant facts and a balanced approach then that is different.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Yeah, I'd like to see that too - can never pick up ProCycling over here....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    edited January 2013
    Frenchie, I'm not suggesting that you read it to change your opinion of Contador - I'm not sure if anything could change that. I suspect that even if witnesses came forward tomorrow and testified to him getting up to naughties, you'd remain a believer. And of course that's entirely your prerogative. I keep on saying that as fans we all choose our 'poison' to a certain extent. There are some riders who I like, who you cant stand. Cool.

Its more the view that you have that he is universally adored post-sanction even in his homeland, which doesnt seem to be entirely accurate.

I cant provide a link, I'm afraid. I read the hard copy.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    I'm looking forward to watching Alberto destroy everyone this Season. I hope he explodes back on the scene.
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    I really really hope the dirty cheat gets his ass handed to him for the whole season.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • frenchfighter
    Haha you kids crack me up :lol: I feel like posting some photos with his victory celebration or a close up shot of him smiling then you can get all riled up. Fun times.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    To clarify - I'd like to see him riding hard and stirring things up, I just want him to lose. Every time. :mrgreen:
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • ddraver
    Haha you kids crack me up :lol: I feel like posting some photos with his victory celebration or a close up shot of him smiling then you can get all riled up. Fun times.

S'ok, I ll just post the CAS picture again...
    - @ddraver
  • frenchfighter
    You go ahead, my library is unlimited.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    History has shown that when he (or his team) is not banned or facing a ban, Contador does the Tour and only the Tour. I doubt this year will be any different. And if he does the Tour he doesn't really race for the rest of the season. I don't see this changing.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ddraver

I only need one
    wild-west-pistol-club.jpg*

Quality, not quantity...

*that is nt it btw...
    - @ddraver
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Daz555 wrote:
    I really really hope the dirty cheat gets his ass handed to him for the whole season.

By other dirty cheats? Or just normal riders? :P
  • frenchfighter
    ddraver wrote:

I only need one
    wild-west-pistol-club.jpg*

Quality, not quantity...

*that is nt it btw...

Do you think we want to see photos from your fancy dress party ?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    You said we were BFF's that night Frenchie... :cry:
    - @ddraver