Contador's schedule

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    For Contador the Ardennes mean Waloon arrow and LBL. So no enormous loss, but I enjoy seeing big GC ridefs giving one dayers a good go.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    I hope he gives up doping so we can see where he stands. He had an echo positive (fuente's words of warning to to Tyler)...the guy is a total liar and invisible to me in any results this year
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,167
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    He's scared of JTL

Isn't everyone? I read on some blog called intheGC or summit that he's the most exciting rider ever to come into cycling and will win everything in the next few years :wink:
  • Pross wrote:
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    He's scared of JTL

Isn't everyone? I read on some blog called intheGC or summit that he's the most exciting rider ever to come into cycling and will win everything in the next few years :wink:

That sounds like a really good blog.....
  • Pross wrote:
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    He's scared of JTL

In shockingly non-JTL-related news...I enjoyed your post on PK btw
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    Contador going down the race less train more route just likecarmstrong, eh?
  • Pross wrote:
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    He's scared of JTL

In shockingly non-JTL-related news...I enjoyed your post on PK btw

:D Thanks.
  • micron wrote:
    Contador going down the race less train more route just likecarmstrong, eh?

Not really. There are a lot of races in between. He is also likely to race the Vuelta.

And he will go into all of the looking for the win or at least to test himself hard.

Lance's palmares outside of the Tour are pitiful.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    Lance's palmares are pitiful full stop, won nothing after 1998 after showing some promise with a win in the worlds and Fleche plus a Tour stage win as a youngster. One of these riders that never lived up to their early potential by the look of it :lol:
  • Pross wrote:
    Lance's palmares are pitiful full stop, won nothing after 1998 after showing some promise with a win in the worlds and Fleche plus a Tour stage win as a youngster. One of these riders that never lived up to their early potential by the look of it :lol:

:lol:
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Very good sir!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • micron
    Pitiful? Or piti.ful?
  • micron
    Frenchfighter: I agree re: AC attitude to racing - he always turns up to win. Be interesting to watch this season - as someone commented he won the vuelta between his ears, not by making his mountain attacks stick. I hope there's an opportunity to see him and wiggins go Mano a Mano just to contrast their 2 very different styles and approaches to preparation
  • Absolutely agree re Wiggins vs Contador. Not sure it will happen when they are both peaking though so may be slightly skewed.

I only hope he does up ended racing the Vuelta, even it is to go for stage wins or polka dots (unlikely I know).

The Vuelta last year he had half his legs given he had no racing prior just some hardcore training. Will see him at full strength this year.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    The more I think about that Vuelta stage, the more I think JRod lost it rather than Contador won it. Sure it was daring but he lost so much of the time gained on the final climb 》one that wouldn't suit JRod anyway. Tactic paid off since JRod was rubbish that day.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    I think fighting spirit* is Contador's most admirable characteristic. Post-Giro, possibly injured, probably going to lose (and facing an almost inevitable ban), he still magnificently gambled the house on the 2011 Alpe stage.

I think it's possible to hold views like this while acknowledging that he has a doping conviction and participated in a farcical attempt to avoid responsibility.

*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0W__FNIGwA Just one example sorry 'bout P&P
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Pross
    If you're looking for a rider who always turns up to win then surely Wiggins last year is the man for you?
  • Macaloon
    No question. From the 2012 Vuelta, Wiggins was awesome. It's worth a look back at the "Can Wiggins win Tour" threads - peaking too early, can't survive 3rd week, will crack under pressure, a diesel not a coupe... - for perspective on how few believed he would do it. And I think that much of the abuse being hurled at Sky is down to their temerity at proving so many people wrong - "Clean British Tour Winner in 5 years".

I was just pointing out that despite Contador's flaws (trying to avoid a ban the biggest IMO), I can't help admiring his extravagant balls.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Pross wrote:
    If you're looking for a rider who always turns up to win then surely Wiggins last year is the man for you?

:lol::lol::lol: Home run for you!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Macaloon wrote:
    I can't help admiring his extravagant balls.
    That makes it sound like his stones are painted purple and covered in gold brocade...

Being doped up makes it a whole lot easier to look effortlessly superior especially when he undoubtably has a top class engine naturally.
  • nathancom wrote:
    Macaloon wrote:
    That makes it sound like his stones are painted purple and covered in gold brocade...

Being doped up makes it a whole lot easier to look effortlessly superior especially when he undoubtably has a top class engine naturally.

Certainly a different spin on meat and two veg.
  • Macaloon
    nathancom wrote:
    Macaloon wrote:

Cycling's Liberace? Was thinking more about willingness to risk complete failure (rather than settle for top 5), than his flamboyant style on the bike which I agree may be 'enhanced'.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    He will miss Criterium International which is annoying:

“Severe weather suffered in these races with cold and rain most of the days have affected the health of the Saxo-Tinkoff leader,” read the statement. “Alberto Contador, along with Bjarne Riis and team doctors have decided that the best thing to do right now is to recover quietly to resume training as soon as possible.”
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    Thought he preferred it cold and usually struggles in the summer with allergies?
  • frenchfighter
    He does in terms of how his legs and lungs respond. Doesn't matter how much talent you have, you can still pick up a cold.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    He will miss Criterium International which is annoying:

“Severe weather suffered in these races with cold and rain most of the days have affected the health of the Saxo-Tinkoff leader,” read the statement. “Alberto Contador, along with Bjarne Riis and team doctors have decided that the best thing to do right now is to recover quietly to resume training as soon as possible.”

So this is where our Heavyweight Champion's training in snow and icy conditions doesn't pay off then? You think he would be used to a bit of cold and rain by now!
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Froome for the win then.

We all get ill.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • frenchfighter
    Contador is racing FW and LBL.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Contador is racing FW and LBL.
    Making sure that Kreuziger doesn't get any ideas above his station.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    I can't believe anyone thinks AC doesn't dope. Really? Have you been living in a cave?