Building strength for hilly rides

2»

Comments

• oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    Graham K wrote:
    Sorry but there is a big difference between high tempo blast and a sprint. If you mean do high tempo ride just say that, sprint efforts are much shorter duration but also have their benefits.

Sorry but I will check and re-check each post I make to ensure the pedantic farts on the forum aint awoken :wink:

And just to declare, what you class as a sprint and what I class as a sprint may be different :wink:
    Yes I class a sprint as a sprint a bollox out max effort, yours is a tempo ride so not sure what you would call flat out 200m effort if your one hour effort is a sprint 8) tomorrow I am going out for a 5 hour sprint then :wink:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    Time in saddle ≈ faster/fitter rider.

Once you start plateauing when you have been putting in the hours for quite a time, then you can start splitting hairs about different kinds of efforts and training.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,932
    Graham K wrote:
    Sorry but I will check and re-check each post I make to ensure the pedantic farts on the forum aint awoken [...] And just to declare, what you class as a sprint and what I class as a sprint may be different
    There is sometimes good reason to veer towards pedantry, as if we can use terms consistently then misunderstandings are more likely to be avoided (it's really the basis of how we manage to communicate ideas through the use of words). After all, we wouldn't want a thread where the distinct concepts of strength and power got confused, would we?
  • johncp
    johncp Posts: 302
    Graham K wrote:
    Sorry but I will check and re-check each post I make to ensure the pedantic farts on the forum aint awoken [...] And just to declare, what you class as a sprint and what I class as a sprint may be different
    There is sometimes good reason to veer towards pedantry, as if we can use terms consistently then misunderstandings are more likely to be avoided (it's really the basis of how we manage to communicate ideas through the use of words). After all, we wouldn't want a thread where the distinct concepts of strength and power got confused, would we?

You've done it now :lol:
    If you haven't got a headwind you're not trying hard enough