Saxo or Argos?

13»

Comments

• rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,827
    Fully expect J Rod to now jump ship to another team for 2013.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,558
    So if Purito leaves, which team's he going to?
  • Interesting turn of events.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • dish_dash wrote:
    So if Purito leaves, which team's he going to?

Interesting question. He was reportedly trying to find a way out of his contract a couple of months ago. Thing is another team has 1) have a spot, 2) offer him a GT leader role, 3) be able to afford him (this season must have seen his value increase significantly), 4) he has a small group of cohorts he'd be reluctant to leave behind - but I guess this would go by the wayside if the other factors worked out
  • "I do not know how it works and, until it we have clarity, I prefer not to say anything because everything you say can go against us. I'll see. Hopefully that is resolved,"
    -Joaquim
    "I'm surprised but that’s all I can pretty much say. Surprising because he finished second in the Giro, third in the Vuelta and has won many important races"
    -Valverde
    "It was a thing that I never thought could happen. I am surprised,"
    -Contador

Tbh, it is a complete Joke that Katusha had one revoked. JRod was the best rider this season and now he is not going to be riding some PT races unless he changes team.

Imagine if the PT was made up of similar teams to Argos - people would stop watching in their droves. So if it is not acceptable for one team, why make a token gesture and remove them?

I think it is time to get this project for a whole group of teams leaving the PT and setting their own up.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,385
    You mean you'd stop watching...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Ron Stuart
    Ron Stuart Posts: 1,242
    No official reason given yet for the Ruskies rejection but this from CW.....

"The commission would have also found Katusha's ethical record troubling. Ekimov, who spent years as Lance Armstrong's lieutenant, is allegedly linked to the scandal as Rider-11 in the US Anti-Doping Agency's Reasoned Decision. Denis Galimzyanov tested positive for EPO this year. Alexandr Kolobnev tested positive at last year's Tour, later cleared, and reportedly sold the 2010 Liège-Bastogne-Liège to Alexandre Vinokourov for €120,000.

Then there are the handful of Katusha riders - Kolobnev, Mikhail Ignatiev, Vladimir Gusev and Denis Menchov - who are entangled in the on-going Padua investigation."
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,385
    Put it Like that, even dirty Bertie and 60% look clean......!!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Possible the L-B-L scandal was the nail in the coffin.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.