William and Kate expecting first child

13»

Comments

• bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    pauldavid wrote:
    Oh please do carry on, your so very interesting.

Long live the Queen.
    great comeback, that's got us republicans thinking, maybe we are so very wrong :roll:
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • pauldavid wrote:

Long live the Queen.

Read the Daily Mail much?
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Well I am happy for them, and the UK. Apparently a minority voice on here.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    ^^^

I'm not exactly wailing about it myself. Good for them, but it means nothing more to me than the birth of any other baby. Did you get excited over Posh and Beckham's baby? No, neither did I.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    pauldavid wrote:

Long live the Queen.

Read the Daily Mail much?

Doesn't look like it, the DM at least gets this bit right.

The older I get, the better I was.

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,162
    ddraver wrote:
    I can be a serious problem...

You said it!
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    MattC59 wrote:
    steerpike wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    Turns out that the rumours of over-privileged benefit scroungers having kids are correct...

Can you point out how long they've been on benefits ? Didn't think so. :roll:

Since birth (for him), since marriage (for her).

So you can't then.

He just did, there, see? Go back and have another look and see if you can find it.

Nope, care to point them out ?

It is called the Civil List. It is an annual payment from the Treasury to the Windsors to spend as they see fit, with no obligations expected in turn. Like child benefit (but not like Job Seekers Allowance, which comes with a set of obligations regarding looking for jobs etc)

On top of that, they have massive estates (e.g. Duchies of Cornwall and Lancaster, properties in Sutherland and elsewhere) which were "given" to them by past governments, which provide tax free (unlike any other rural estate in the UK) income running into tens of millions of pounds annually - so another benefit in the form of a tax credit. I could go on.....

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, 'cause you're wrong.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • pauldavid wrote:

Long live the Queen.
    great comeback, that's got us republicans thinking, maybe we are so very wrong :roll:

I know, I was pleased with the witty reply myself.

And as long as it has got you thinking that's all good. It can only be a matter of time until you see sense and stop being a silly little republican.

Glad to be of service.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    ^^^
    Bloody hell. must think irony means made of metal. :lol:

The older I get, the better I was.

• Capt Slog wrote:
    ^^^
    Bloody hell. must think irony means made of metal. :lol:

Not just made of metal obviously you silly man.

Specifically made of iron.
  • MattC59 wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    steerpike wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    Turns out that the rumours of over-privileged benefit scroungers having kids are correct...

Can you point out how long they've been on benefits ? Didn't think so. :roll:

Since birth (for him), since marriage (for her).

So you can't then.

He just did, there, see? Go back and have another look and see if you can find it.

Nope, care to point them out ?

It is called the Civil List. It is an annual payment from the Treasury to the Windsors to spend as they see fit, with no obligations expected in turn. Like child benefit (but not like Job Seekers Allowance, which comes with a set of obligations regarding looking for jobs etc)

On top of that, they have massive estates (e.g. Duchies of Cornwall and Lancaster, properties in Sutherland and elsewhere) which were "given" to them by past governments, which provide tax free (unlike any other rural estate in the UK) income running into tens of millions of pounds annually - so another benefit in the form of a tax credit. I could go on.....

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, 'cause you're wrong.

Which bit in particular is wrong? Are you implying that the Civil List and the tax arrangements (which are not available to any other other family in the UK) don't exist?