William and Kate expecting first child

ademort
ademort Posts: 1,924
edited December 2012 in The cake stop
As the title says, it,s widely reported in the foreign press that the royal pair are expecting there first child however there is nothing mentioned in the UK media. If it is true my congratulations to them both.
Ademort
ademort
Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
Giant Defy 4
Mirage Columbus SL
Batavus Ventura

Comments

• Obviously trying to get in before the child benefit is messed about with. :wink:

Heard nowt, but, I wouldn't be at all suprised if it were true.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • another parasite for the civil list.
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    Our future monarch...boy or girl...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Here's hoping the monarchy is long gone by the time this child is next in line to the throne.
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    I've heard there's going to be a 6 monthly Lottery to pick a lucky family to head the nation. Let's face it, any disfunctional family of immigrant dole-scroungers should be able to do it.

Alternatively, congrats Will and Kate. Now please stop your sister writing any more books!
  • Who the hell cares?
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    edited November 2012
    Until it has been reported on the BBC, I shall restrain myself from waving a little flag and shouting "hurrah!". Can't promise to hold it in if the BBC announces it though.

Edit: If true, the announcement may be on hold for a day while Her Majesty celebrates her 65th wedding anniversary.
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • Well, I don't care about this latest update on Royal Uterus Watch (i.e. pointless speculation about pointless people)
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    depends how one watches the Utereus, could be some benefit... :P
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Well, I don't care about this latest update on Royal Uterus Watch (i.e. pointless speculation about pointless people)

Are these watches available for Christmas.
  • RideOnTime
    another parasite for the civil list.

harsh harsh...
    very harsh
  • RideOnTime wrote:

harsh harsh...
    very harsh

A harsh fact.
  • Don't confuse me with someone who gives a fcuk whether they are or not !!
    Planet-X SL Pro Carbon.
    Tifosi CK3 Winter Bike
    Planet X London Road Disc
    Planet X RT80 Elite
  • RideOnTime
    Dog Breath wrote:
    Don't confuse me with someone who gives a fcuk whether they are or not !!

Has someone confused you as being someone who does?
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime wrote:
    Dog Breath wrote:
    Don't confuse me with someone who gives a fcuk whether they are or not !!

Has someone confused you as being someone who does?

erm Dog Breath
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    RideOnTime wrote:

harsh harsh...
    very harsh
    Not harsh enough and oh so very true!!!
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • I do enjoy a good wedding though and they really know how to do that. I also got a day off from my job at the dark satanic mill so it was all quite lovely really.

I'm very curious about the pedigree of Harry though. He just doesn't look anything like bro, Charles, uncles or grandad is there any mileage in the "Hewitt" allegation?
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • bianchimoon
    err yes
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Mike Healey
    Mike Healey Posts: 1,023
    Sometime in 2014
    Organising the Bradford Kids Saturday Bike Club at the Richard Dunn Sports Centre since 1998
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/eastbradfordcyclingclub/
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/eastbradfordcyclingclub/
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    William and Kate who? Do they post here?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Thought I'd accidently clicked a link to the Daily Mail/express/sun website!!
  • DF33
    DF33 Posts: 732
    As you can't choose who your born to I don't feel animosity to Willie boy or Kate, it's just how the system is.

I do, however, find it difficult to accept the privileges some of the Royals take. Please correct me if I'm wrong here;

Flying a search and rescue helicopter is usually regarded as the pinnacle of an RAF rotary career and as far as I know you have to apply, usually after many years experience. The places are obviously limited so the vast majority haven't a chance.

As I see it Wills decided he wanted to be one. He was then fast tracked into the rotary, given a place on the S&R course and a place was available for him. No one else would have been given a chance like that.
    I don't dispute he is now as good at it as any other RAF but that isn't the point.
    He has taken the place, in my opinion, of a serving officer who would otherwise have been in his seat on pure merit and now never will.

As Wills has enough money behind him to fly as many choppers as he likes anyway it is particularly unfair imo and he does himself (same as the other Royals doing similar things) no favours with the public.

As said correct me if I am wrong.
    Peter
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    Yet another person who will be undemocratically elected and could be an embarrassing idiot. Who will think they deserve to be treated better than everyone else and live the life of luxury in palaces having toothpaste put on their toothbrush by a servant. All paid for by the tax payer who works hard and struggles.

As for william, I don't believe he has ever passed anything on merit without the system faking it. If he wasn't royalty would he still have what he has today? Would we be able to walk into the RAF and say I want to fly a £15000 per hour chinook hekicopter as a stag doo taxi service to the Isle of Wright this weekend?
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    The French solution to royality would suit me fine...
  • Turns out that the rumours of over-privileged benefit scroungers having kids are correct...
  • Will it be live on telly ?
    Planet-X SL Pro Carbon.
    Tifosi CK3 Winter Bike
    Planet X London Road Disc
    Planet X RT80 Elite
  • pliptrot
    pliptrot Posts: 582
    The BBC are simpering about it as usual....... I don't know how good a helicopter pilot the expectant father is, but HIS father was an embarassing idiot in the navy, some people have quietly reported. As the poster put it above (more eloquently than I can) it's unlikely there's any merit in any of the positions the royals take, and it says something for the system that we (and more directly the men and women of the forces) accept it.
  • bianchimoon
    http://www.republic.org.uk/
    a small voice but an important one
  • http://www.republic.org.uk/
    a small voice but an important one

+1
    “If you do what always do, you'll get what you always get.”
  • Got the perfect name for Will and Kate's baby.

Mercedes.