William and Kate expecting first child

Comments

• finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Does this mean the news is going to be unwatchable for the next 9 months?
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    How come it's only just hit the news? Not complaining. There'll be a day off for us all. :D
  • 'A Republicans greatest enemy is a fertile royal womb'
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Jeez, you're a miserable lot !
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • MattC59
    Turns out that the rumours of over-privileged benefit scroungers having kids are correct...

Can you point out how long they've been on benefits ? Didn't think so. :roll:
  • MattC59 wrote:
    Turns out that the rumours of over-privileged benefit scroungers having kids are correct...

I'm pretty happy really, just can't stand the outdated over privileged royals and their sycophantic followers, apart from that all is good in the world today
    “If you do what always do, you'll get what you always get.”
  • MattC59 wrote:

I'm pretty happy really, just can't stand the outdated over privileged royals and their sycophantic followers, apart from that all is good in the world today

And then I quoted the wrong person...sorry. And quoted myself...oh dear :oops:
    “If you do what always do, you'll get what you always get.”
  • Drumlin
    Drumlin Posts: 120
    Congratulations to the Earl and Countess of Strathearn.

I wonder, how come he's a Duke down south but a mere Earl up here ?
    Would welcome company for Sat rides west/south of Edinburgh, up to 3 hrs, 16mph ish. Please PM me if interested/able to help.
  • Fair play to Kate Middleton - she's proof that it's not just in Liverpool that jobless women have babies to get more money from state handouts.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    johnfinch wrote:
    Does this mean the news is going to be unwatchable for the next 9 months?
    It's looking that way. :evil:
    Other than that, I couldn't care one way or the other.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    MattC59 wrote:

£40m a year from the taxpayer,and a big council house plus 'holiday' council houses up and down the land, if that's not a benefit what is it?
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • MattC59 wrote:

Since birth (for him), since marriage (for her).
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    MattC59 wrote:

When faced with the prospect of baby updates every single day on the news for the next year, a certain despondency does start to set in.
  • pb21
    pb21 Posts: 2,171
    johnfinch wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:

When faced with the prospect of baby updates every single day on the news for the next year, a certain despondency does start to set in.

Its already been too much, its such a circus.
    Mañana
  • shedhead
    shedhead Posts: 367
    Poor Kate has had to stay in hospital overnight with "severe" morning sickness. I wonder what the response would have been if a "normal" member of the public had turned up at A & E to ask for a bed for the night because they felt a bit queasy?

Wonder if she'll manage to stomach some smoked salmon & kippers for breakfast jeeves ?

:evil:
    'Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts'.
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    I can be a serious problem, and is a lot more than "feeling a bit queasy," people can become seriously dehydration if they re not treated...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • bianchimoon
    I feel sick myself
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    shedhead wrote:
    Poor Kate has had to stay in hospital overnight with "severe" morning sickness. I wonder what the response would have been if a "normal" member of the public had turned up at A & E to ask for a bed for the night because they felt a bit queasy?

Wonder if she'll manage to stomach some smoked salmon & kippers for breakfast jeeves ?

:evil:

She's being kept in for a few more days.

On the other hand, my four year old has been ill for a week. After three days we were told we couldn't take her into the doctors until she had been ill for a week, as "these things usually sort themselves out" (a virus). Its been a week, and today we were told "best give it a few more days".

I have no animosity towards William or Kate, but the system is totally fucked up. NHS budgets are being cut left, right and centre but we can afford to keep some posh bird with morning sickness in a private hospital for the best part of a week.
  • God bless the Mash and all who read her...

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/cele ... 2120451737

She's popped in to lay the lizard egg then it's a spell under the heat lamp until it's time.

Can't stand them.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    I feel sick myself

Congratulations.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 wrote:

So you can't then.
  • MattC59 wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:

So you can't then.

He just did, there, see? Go back and have another look and see if you can find it.
  • Dine with the crine :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • MattC59
    steerpike wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:

So you can't then.

He just did, there, see? Go back and have another look and see if you can find it.

Nope, care to point them out ?
  • Soni
    Soni Posts: 1,217
    I'm just concerned how much extra these nappies are going to cost the taxpayer......
  • bianchimoon
    MattC59 wrote:
    steerpike wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:

So you can't then.

The denial of democracy so that heredity can be preserved
  • MattC59 wrote:
    steerpike wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:

So you can't then.

It is called the Civil List. It is an annual payment from the Treasury to the Windsors to spend as they see fit, with no obligations expected in turn. Like child benefit (but not like Job Seekers Allowance, which comes with a set of obligations regarding looking for jobs etc)

On top of that, they have massive estates (e.g. Duchies of Cornwall and Lancaster, properties in Sutherland and elsewhere) which were "given" to them by past governments, which provide tax free (unlike any other rural estate in the UK) income running into tens of millions of pounds annually - so another benefit in the form of a tax credit. I could go on.....
  • And of course, we don't know the size of this tax credit, because they don't pay tax and we aren't allowed to know exactly how much the estates earn. And we can't ask because they are exempt from Freedom of Information requests. So although recent scandals (Charles lobbying on health, environmental and housing policy, Andrew on other stuff) have shown that they are political active we don't know the full extent of their political activities. We have the Kafka-esque situation where Charles' correspondence to ministers and meetings with ministers, in which he lobbied for certain things (i.e. political activity), can't be published, because it would comprimise his ability to be a non-political monarch.
  • Oh please do carry on, your so very interesting.

Long live the Queen.