ProBikeKit - my experience

Comments

• flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    I knew I'd read some BB bollox before..........classic.

viewtopic.php?f=40020&t=12794036
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Flasher wrote:

Heh! Forgot about that! I was scouring for more classics but they've either been deleted or mods have edited them.

He also has a habit of going back and editing his own posts (which is easily revealed when other posts quote the original...)
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • I cycled past a guy who was wearing matching PBK shorts and top the other day. The kit looked great and PBK looked like they'd been generous with the haribos.

Having said that I'd be nervous about committing more than £12 to any mail order giant on the internet,it's just such a risk.

By the way can anyone explain why cyclists quite often stop talking to me when I tell them my name is David Hinde? Do I need to go to Deed Poll?
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    When i grow up i wanna be like Thebigbee

Thebigbee will you teach me the ways please.....
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,162
    BigBee, the reason your threads get a big response is due to the number of people posting to tell you what an imbecile you are. It certainly isn't a sign that you have made an intelligent and thought provoking thread if that's what your delusional brain is telling you.
  • Flasher wrote:

^^^

That is just marvellous. I love this forum - it's got so many hidden treats all waiting to be discovered.

Crap for productivity at work though..
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • Evil Laugh
    Evil Laugh Posts: 1,412
    Thebigbee wrote:
    Don't you think you come across as a bit of a psycho?

:shock:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,162
    Just read the BigBee complaint thread against PBK and it's hilarious. I really hope he isn't a troll as I would love for someone to genuinely be that stupid :lol:

He claims the length of his thread as some sort of sign of his importance and yet every other person on that thread had told him it was either his or Royal Mail's fault (he obviously then derided them in abusive terms).

Move over Speedking, you have been usurped as the forum's biggest idiot!
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Cor blimey. Nutter.

Incidentally, I ordered a bottle cage from PBK a couple of years ago that was supposed to come with a free bottle. It arrived without one so I emailed them politley and let them know. I received an apology and the free bottle arrived a couple of days later, robbing b@stards.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    Very sad to see this type of slating of a (seemingly) perfectly reputable company. Typifies everything that is wrong about internet reviews. I run a business which is listed on Trip Advisor and despite 30K customers per year, 1/3 of whom fill out our inhouse satisfaction survey with overwhelmingly positve reviews, we rank very low on the TA website due to a handful of returns, but there it is on the 'tinternet so it must be true. People say things like "avoid" and "don't go here" with no reflection on how outsiders might rank their work. Is it 100% everytime?
    Reasoned Rant over!

As for PBK bet they don't even send their mums' a card on Mothers' day - Barstewards! :evil: what price they got for sunglasses I wonder..
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    WTF is going on here?

Behave people. Else I'll get heavy handed with the mod hammer.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694
    WTF is going on here?

Have you read the original? If it wasn't so funny I'd ask you to get your ban stick out. Or has that been done? He's gone quiet.
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    WTF is going on here?

Oh please don't. Iv'e recently been made redundant, and this kind of stuff takes my grey day and fills it with shafts of sunlight! :D
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Fine fine.

It's making my mod senses tingle.

Just keep an eye on it.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    I bought a Joeblow track pump from PBK great price great delivery time BUT the first time I used it...

...it blew up two of my tyres :shock:

I'm such a cretin LOL hahahahaha

Rick - is it ok to descend into self critisism, as a psychological trait engaging in self-criticism tends to show an activated dorsolateral prefrontal activity or will this simply lock the thread automatically by osmosis? :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Travelled all the way over from the darkside to view these threads. Excellent stuff.

When you are done playing with your troll, can you send it our way please? We've not had a good one in ages.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    Travelled all the way over from the darkside to view these threads. Excellent stuff.

When you are done playing with your troll, can you send it our way please? We've not had a good one in ages.

sod off, get your own

since Speedking's demise this place has been too quiet
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Until further notice I hereby license every forum member on Bikeradar to criticise, abuse, mock, defame, libel or take the p1ss out of me, should they feel the need to do so, in any way, shape or form they so desire.

In so doing I would request that the Mods do not take any action against any such forumite or lock or delete any thread containing any of the aforementioned abuse against me unless it compromises any other forumite who has not given such a license or any other house rules.

That's a weight off my shoulders...bit like a living will really.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    Fine fine.

Just keep an eye on it.
    Lol what mod senses?

ps:surely wiggle is to blame?
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Until further notice I hereby license every forum member on Bikeradar to criticise, abuse, mock, defame, libel or take the p1ss out of me, should they feel the need to do so, in any way, shape or form they so desire.

In so doing I would request that the Mods do not take any action against any such forumite or lock or delete any thread containing any of the aforementioned abuse against me unless it compromises any other forumite who has not given such a license or any other house rules.

Found this, may describe someone on a forum somewhere near you...

Kibax :D

A "Kibax" is a filthy, unhygenic, neo-nazi, fucktarded, clinicaly obese, attention seeking, feces eating basement dwelling shitbag of a troll-ass motherfucker, whose gender remains a mystery to the world. A Kibax is someone who is commonly found ruthlessly spewing verbal diarrhea in the faces' of innocent folk on the Internet. A Kibax will take any given oppurtunity to brag and boast the living shit out of any possessions/personal achievments it can. It will often do anything it can to seek higher authority among its peers, such as recieving ass rape and participating in Internet Wonders such as 2girls1cup and swap.avi until extra priviliges are adminstrated by superiors. A kibax craves attention, like your avearge Korean does Starcraft. When ignored, a kibax will suffer exteme emotional distress to the point where it must flee to cry in a cupboard and shit in its own mouth just to reassure itself. When pwned in an argument, a kibax will pretend to disacknowledge the recieved pwnage, often by saying "k". When pwned thoroughly, a kibax is stunned and unable to contstruct a basic sentence; the Kib...

etc
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    team47b wrote:
    Until further notice I hereby license every forum member on Bikeradar to criticise, abuse, mock, defame, libel or take the p1ss out of me, should they feel the need to do so, in any way, shape or form they so desire.

Found this, may describe someone on a forum somewhere near you...

Kibax :D

A "Kibax" is a filthy, unhygenic, neo-nazi, fucktarded, clinicaly obese, attention seeking, feces eating basement dwelling shitbag of a troll-ass motherfucker, whose gender remains a mystery to the world. A Kibax is someone who is commonly found ruthlessly spewing verbal diarrhea in the faces' of innocent folk on the Internet. A Kibax will take any given oppurtunity to brag and boast the living shoot out of any possessions/personal achievments it can. It will often do anything it can to seek higher authority among its peers, such as recieving ass rape and participating in Internet Wonders such as 2girls1cup and swap.avi until extra priviliges are adminstrated by superiors. A kibax craves attention, like your avearge Korean does Starcraft. When ignored, a kibax will suffer exteme emotional distress to the point where it must flee to cry in a cupboard and shoot in its own mouth just to reassure itself. When pwned in an argument, a kibax will pretend to disacknowledge the recieved pwnage, often by saying "k". When pwned thoroughly, a kibax is stunned and unable to contstruct a basic sentence; the Kib...

etc

sure that will get this closed down!

BTW - just ordered some BLOC glasses from PBK. Will keep you all uptodate with delvivery etc... Like you give a sh!t.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    The Unhappy Shopper does have a lot of bad luck though
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40020&t=12831510
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    Mad_Malx wrote:

Yet another classic, good find :D
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Mad_Malx wrote:

God yeah I remeber that one. Didn't realise it was the same person. I've had some (mild) abuse on forums before when people have disagreed with me, I just stop replyingm, but this chap doesn't seem to know when to leave it. It makes me a bit uncomfortable, like watching a fight in the pub.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • From what I could see, he had a bad experience shopping with an online company, then whenever someone else stated an opinion completely opposite to his, he berated them...

Maybe we shouldn't feed the trolls?
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    + for PBK here - I've ordered off them before, but recently ordered a new Sram groupset. Already dirt cheap, I got another 10% off and it arrived the day after ordering. Amazing service. Tick in the box.
  • Just checked ot the PBK website, they are doing a 105 Groupset for less than £400, ruddy bargain.
    Cheers for the heads up Bigbee or whatever your name is.
    Current bike: 2014 Kinesis Racelight T2 - built by my good self!
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    When will I learn?!

Ordered some campag shifters from shiny bikes as they were 20 quid+ cheaper than anywhere else, despite 2 out of 3 orders from them previously going wrong...

Sure enough the box arrived (packaged in a bigger box with a chorus cassette) already open, it was in disarray, one of little bags was open and the derailleur guard andbt were loose but worse, the cable set had been taken out!

I rang them straight away, they made some bumbling excuse and said they'd send some more out. Not happy though... I want to have the excitement of opening a pristine neat packages box of delights...

I'll stick to merlin...
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    Travelled all the way over from the darkside to view these threads. Excellent stuff.

I'm feeling a bit MTBi-curious: can you point me to any classics on the other side?
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Fine fine.

Just keep an eye on it.

Don't worry Rick, everyone is perfectly civil when thebigbee posts, it's just that he can't manage to do the same. Not tat we mind, I think most of us find the mook hilarious :lol:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved