Seemingly trivial things that cheer you up

Comments

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,690
    Out on this morning's ride coming across an elderly couple riding, he on an e-bike looked like, she on a trike, sans hidden motor I think. Good on you both.
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    edited September 2019
    orraloon wrote:
    Out on this morning's ride coming across an elderly couple riding, he on an e-bike looked like, she on a trike, sans hidden motor I think. Good on you both.

Had exactly the same this morning on Southend seafront out with their grandkids I’m guessing both on e-bikes, sometimes I spend too much time hammering around as fast as I can, and I should spend more time looking around me
  • orraloon
    crispybug2 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

Had exactly the same this morning on Southend seafront out with their grandkids I’m guessing, sometimes I spend too much time hammering around as fast as I can, and I should spend more time looking around me
    What made me happy with seeing them, on top of them just getting themselves active, was this was on a country road so even if they were simply going to the next village for a Sunday pub lunch, it was several miles there and back. But, no helmets. OMG :shock:
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    orraloon wrote:
    crispybug2 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

Had exactly the same this morning on Southend seafront out with their grandkids I’m guessing, sometimes I spend too much time hammering around as fast as I can, and I should spend more time looking around me
    What made me happy with seeing them, on top of them just getting themselves active, was this was on a country road so even if they were simply going to the next village for a Sunday pub lunch, it was several miles there and back. But, no helmets. OMG :shock:

Southend seafront is about five miles long, but with loads of cafes, pubs, restaurants and hotels, so plenty of stopping opportunities
    As I said, I was hammering along, I must try and get the little lady interested in going back on her bike so I can do some more leisurely rides out
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Little slowbike doing >5miles twice over the weekend - not flat on road miles - lumpy stuff off road - thoroughly enjoying it (which is why we went twice) ... and he's still only 4 ... won't be long before I ask him to wait for me ...
  • After a 6 month hiatus, having to hang up 3 sets of cycling kit on the washing line.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,353
    After a 6 month hiatus, having to hang up 3 sets of cycling kit on the washing line.

You smelly basket.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    The 90s were good, no. Better than the sh1t of current days.
    True, but I reckon the 80s still edged it.

The 80s?
    The decade music started to die.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,557
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

The 80s?

My deduction is that Loony is late 30s-early 40s, Stevo (who is correct on this subject) is late 40s-early 50s and Bally is late 50s plus.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

The problem of the 90s can be summed up by the knowledge that people thought that Oasis were good and somehow not a blatant fourth rate Beetles tribute act.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    Rolf F wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

The problem of the 90s can be summed up by the knowledge that people thought that Oasis were good and somehow not a blatant fourth rate Beetles tribute act.

You can't blame Android, I just tried it..
  • cowsham
    cowsham Posts: 1,399
    Rolf F wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

Couldn't have put it better.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    Pross wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

The 80s?

My deduction is that Loony is late 30s-early 40s, Stevo (who is correct on this subject) is late 40s-early 50s and Bally is late 50s plus.
    Thanks Pross.

You're right on 2 out of 3 counts :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • cowsham
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

The 80s?

But thank goodness for S club 7 who revived it for the millennium. :roll:
  • Give me 70s music any day. Sunday afternoon Sounds of the 70s is ace.
  • Cowsham wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

The 80s?

But thank goodness for S club 7 who revived it for the millennium. :roll:

just remember, there ain't no party like an S Club party....

https://youtu.be/-X0EjwF8o0g

#sheerjoy
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Pross wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

The 80s?

58 this month. You still have time to bake a cake.
  • orraloon
    Pross wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

The 80s?

:D Question is, do I have my free bus pass yet or not? Maybe Ebeneezer Goode has muddled my memory...
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,557
    orraloon wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

The 80s?

:D Question is, do I have my free bus pass yet or not? Maybe Ebeneezer Goode has muddled my memory...

Ah, I hadn't realised you were talking about the 1890s.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    Rolf F wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

no I think most of us cottoned onto that at the time, but there wasnt a better group of that era making songs with memorable tunes and lyrics, that you felt you could sing along to once you were all a little bit drunk/wasted and out with your uni/college friends, which is why they rocked those stadium gigs and knebworth. the only Beatles song I know that has that kind of impact is Hey Jude...on a modern day audience,albeit bearing in mind we are talking 25years ago now and Oasis came near enough just under 25 years after the Beatles split up. Ive no idea what todays yoof make of Liam strangling his vocal chords at Glastonbury

but Id have said 80s though I liked lots of stuff from the 90s too,but you only have to watch those TOTP repeats, they are upto 1988 now, it wasnt all good in the 80s music wise far from it
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    the LaVuelta TV helicopter uncovered a bunch of marijuana plants setup on a roof in Igualada inside the last km of Saturday's stage :)https://t.co/eOu7rXfn8B?amp=1
  • cowsham
    Putting petrol in the car and stopping the pump dead on £30 so I only have to tap the card to pay.
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    Finding a decent bike lock at long last..

Rumour has it that purchasers will also qualify for discount on a Glock 45.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Cowsham wrote:
    Putting petrol in the car and stopping the pump dead on £30 so I only have to tap the card to pay.

That is hugely satisfying. Good work! The only issue is that I have an 80l so it's not a game I can play without it being really awkward :lol:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,353
    Robert88 wrote:
    Finding a decent bike lock at long last..

Rumour has it that purchasers will also qualify for discount on a Glock 45.

That'll slow you down.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • cowsham
    HaydenM wrote:
    Cowsham wrote:

That is hugely satisfying. Good work! The only issue is that I have an 80l so it's not a game I can play without it being really awkward :lol:

Is your old Audi unable to hold £30 of fuel or can't you get to the other side of the pumps?
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Cowsham wrote:
    So you save 15 seconds... and have to visit the filling station twice as often?
  • cowsham
    bompington wrote:
    Cowsham wrote:

The car does well over 300 miles on £30 Hence trivial.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    bompington wrote:
    Cowsham wrote:

You save quite a lot of money and the odd planet though not running a full tank in terms of economy.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    Rolf F wrote:
    bompington wrote:
    Cowsham wrote:

You save quite a lot of money and the odd planet though not running a full tank in terms of economy.
    My fuel tank never seems to be full even when I brim it :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]