Seemingly trivial things that annoy you

Comments

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,195
    If you ain't a Gammon do you really give a F?

It's not even 'no news' August yet. Shakes head, moves on...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

If you ain't a Gammon do you really give a F?

It's not even 'no news' August yet. Shakes head, moves on...

Funny how lots of lefties are saying it's not news when clearly it is based on the amount of coverage and the repercussions for NatWest/Coutts...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    edited July 2023
    Double post
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    It is just the long delayed death throes of Nigel's twitching political corpse, if you are getting exercised or opinionated about the story it is a solid indication that sadly you are the past.
  • Stevo_666
    Oh the irony :)
    https://telegraph.co.uk/personal-banking/current-accounts/im-leaving-natwest-after-20-years-nigel-farage/

“I told them that I was leaving them because their values did not match mine"
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Stevo_666 said:

https://telegraph.co.uk/personal-banking/current-accounts/im-leaving-natwest-after-20-years-nigel-farage/

With a bit of luck he’ll p!ss off to Germany as the UK’s values don’t match his.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,969

It is just the long delayed death throes of Nigel's twitching political corpse, if you are getting exercised or opinionated about the story it is a solid indication that sadly you are the past.

I'd be happy to place a long odds bet that he'll make a resurrection next year for the election.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Stevo_666
    webboo said:

Stevo_666 said:

With a bit of luck he’ll p!ss off to Germany as the UK’s values don’t match his.
    There do seem to be a lot of angry lefties as a result of this episode ;)
  • Stevo_666

Missing the point. It is not really about the fact that Coutts did this to Farage, it is the fact that they did it to someone whose 'values did not align with theirs'. Clearly it didn't help the banks cause that the individual involved is very well known.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Stevo_666 said:

webboo said:

Stevo_666 said:

Any one with an once of moral turpitude would be of the opinion that he is not worthy of the air he breaths.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,084
    Stevo_666 said:

Well they did manage to find two so I guess they are entitled to use the plural.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,195
    I think S666 should post a pic of his complexion, id secured of course. I'm going boiled gammon and parmo.

Now do I get a 'shortfall' likebot tick or not?
  • rjsterry
    Stevo_666 said:

Missing the point. It is not really about the fact that Coutts did this to Farage, it is the fact that they did it to someone whose 'values did not align with theirs'. Clearly it didn't help the banks cause that the individual involved is very well known.
    This has been going on for years. Just not to people on you sympathise with. Obviously not reported in the Telegraph as it's just the sort of political views they disapprove of.

Did enjoy the naivety of the two token NatWest. Bet they'll be straight onto Facebook to tell everyone how awful it is that someone is collecting information on them.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    pblakeney said:

I'd be happy to place a long odds bet that he'll make a resurrection next year for the election.
    As what? The tories have already got all his bases covered and it is failing them miserably.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,523
    The FCA's position on this is clear:

Politically Exposed Persons should be treated differently.

People should not be treated differently due to their politics.
  • Stevo_666
    webboo said:

Stevo_666 said:

webboo said:

Stevo_666 said:

Any one with an once of moral turpitude would be of the opinion that he is not worthy of the air he breaths.
    Another one missing the point. See my reply to verylonglegs above.
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,867
    am I the only person for thinking she lost her job for blabbing to a journalist.

am I the only person who thinks the board are in trouble for accepting her explanation and not getting rid of her?
  • Stevo_666
    rjsterry said:

Stevo_666 said:

This has been going on for years. Just not to people on you sympathise with. Obviously not reported in the Telegraph as it's just the sort of political views they disapprove of.

Did enjoy the naivety of the two token NatWest. Bet they'll be straight onto Facebook to tell everyone how awful it is that someone is collecting information on them.
    If it has been going on for ages then they're in big trouble as it looks to be illegal discrimination. As I've said above, the identity of the person who was debanked in this case is not really the point.
  • Stevo_666
    edited July 2023
    orraloon said:

I think S666 should post a pic of his complexion, id secured of course. I'm going boiled gammon and parmo.

Now do I get a 'shortfall' likebot tick or not?

Angry lefties get personal quite quickly, don't they :)

Try arguing the point, if you can...
  • Stevo_666
    rjsterry said:

Stevo_666 said:

Well they did manage to find two so I guess they are entitled to use the plural.
    Still amusing and Ironic :)
  • rjsterry

am I the only person for thinking she lost her job for blabbing to a journalist.

am I the only person who thinks the board are in trouble for accepting her explanation and not getting rid of her?

No and no. Someone needs to take the shovel off them.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• Stevo_666
    And the issue is spot on for the thread, as despite the claims of many lefties and centre lefties that the Coutts scandal is trivial, they seem to find it annoying ;)
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,625

What’s the coutts ceo to do with that?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,969

pblakeney said:

As what? The tories have already got all his bases covered and it is failing them miserably.
    Reform UK need a white knight*.

*A phrase used on purpose.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 2,027

The FCA's position on this is clear:

Politically Exposed Persons should be treated differently.

People should not be treated differently due to their politics.

And those who break the terms and conditions of their account should not be treated differently due to their politics.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,756
    It's nice that he gets to use some retained EU law to beat them with, anyways.
  • rick_chasey
    Thoroughly fed up with the permarain.
  • Jezyboy
    Jezyboy Posts: 3,536
    Apparently NatWest profits have soared...
  • rick_chasey
    Jezyboy said:

Apparently NatWest profits have soared...

Yeah I think the consensus was Alison was a good leader for the firm.

I guess any war, real or rhetorical, has collateral casualties and her career is one of them.