2013 Gear

Comments

• Nick Fitt
    Nick Fitt Posts: 381
    Apologies if this has bee posted already; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48enUCuU ... uQoYmR9_xQ
  • Nick Fitt wrote:
    Apologies if this has bee posted already; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48enUCuU ... uQoYmR9_xQ

you telling me I've read all 23 pages of this thread when I could have just watch that? :wink:
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Pozzato
    pozzato.jpg
    Gilbert
    gilbert.jpg
    gilbert+1.jpg
    United Health Care
    481274_590389460977939_223640723_n.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pozzato
    pozzato.jpg

Where's he gone, has he fallen over the ledge?
  • To be fair, Pippo can be relied upon to be over the top
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Unfortunately, they now look like Sky wannabes.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95 wrote:
    Unfortunately, they now look like Sky wannabes.

I preferred their Boardmans
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    That stem looks ridiculous
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    prawny wrote:
    Jealous are we? Your belly getting in the way of your aero tuck?m :-D

Seriously for a second, that Merida doesn't look like one I've ever seen before. Wonder if they quickly went to the back-catalogue of frames they've made for other people and spliced a few molds together. Rear end looks like a Cipollini frame from 2-3 years back.

I reckon if you are a pro on Lampre-Merida the first few frames you receive early season will suck, but with a company like that, and maybe BMC as well, you could feedback to the designers and quickly get something shipped over from China that was stiffer, etc.

Colnagos and Pinarello are great, but the combination of an industrial powerhouse like Merida coupled with pro-team feedback (should they take it on board) could result in some very rideable frames.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    734711_150045378480189_1429603969_n.jpg
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • LeePaton
    LeePaton Posts: 353
    So cannondale have no road bike and a teeeeeeeny tiny squad?
    It's not so much about winning, I just hate losing.
  • calmx5
    calmx5 Posts: 230
    I think this year has been the most new kit mix ups, with new sponsors, withdrawn sponsors and team changes.

I wonder if its collateral damage from Lance etc?
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    prawny wrote:
    Jealous are we? Your belly getting in the way of your aero tuck?.

How very dare you :P there's no way that can be a decent position though, who's the saur rider with the tt position that's so low he's breaking the air with his arse.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • FransJacques
    Pozzato
    pozzato.jpg
    OK, now this is bugging me. This is not a BMC, not a Foil, not a Merida (http://www.ridemedia.com.au/?p=8229), the rear brake is tucked under the CHs.

Anyone recognize it?

The DT looks diamond shaped like an Oltre or Orbea but the seat stays look like a BMC, dunno...
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • Nick Fitt
    Maybe its next years merida?? I must admit I like the look of it. I reckon load of frames will start appearing with rear brakes on the bottom bracket-chainstay juncture area...
  • frenchfighter
    Here you go boys:

file.php?id=53612&mode=view
    sagan+1.jpg
    sagan+2.jpg
    cannondale.jpg
    cunego.jpg
    Leopard Trek CT
    541734_472496589481702_53401022_n.jpg
    BAdRHHKCUAE8fug.jpg

Roulston at NZ champs:
    https://twitter.com/RSLT/status/2903586 ... 36/photo/1
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Nick Fitt
    Here you go boys:

sagan+1.jpg

At least we will be able to see him in a sprint, looks plenty cool to me and a great looking bike too 8)
  • frenchfighter
    I hope they get wheels...
    Contador is the Greatest
  • FransJacques
    They all look really nice and I'm sure we'll get used to it, but the Cannondale green is not like their hallowed Bezerker green (a lime green) this is more of a darker moss green.

The Leopard stuff looks like God intended. Thank heaven we're back to 2011 with that kit. They were the best team next to Cervelo Test Team.

Merida-Lampre is a grower for sure.
  • frenchfighter
    Cofidis:
    chrono+cofidis.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    That looks like a bit of a weapon!

Quite liking that Merida too...
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Pozzato
    pozzato.jpg
    OK, now this is bugging me. This is not a BMC, not a Foil, not a Merida (http://www.ridemedia.com.au/?p=8229), the rear brake is tucked under the CHs.

Anyone recognize it?

The DT looks diamond shaped like an Oltre or Orbea but the seat stays look like a BMC, dunno...

I think you're looking into it too much.. it'll just be a Merida that they haven't released yet
  • The Leopard stuff looks like God intended. Thank heaven we're back to 2011 with that kit. They were the best team next to Cervelo Test Team.

That does mean we are going to have to put up with Le-O-pard again from certain commentators. :cry:
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    Leopard is a Pro-Conti team. Looks like the Pro team is going to be Radioshack-Trek sans Nissan - going from Roulston NZ champs pics.

BAePqCKCIAA61wn.jpg:large

Merida can knock out bikes willy-nilly. They're a monstrously big player in the carbon frame business.

That Look TT rig is mean looking. Wonder who rides it? Extreme position.
  • frenchfighter
    Ever seen Cadel's:
    11141%7C000005b91%7C962a_BMC-pre-production-TM01-time-trial-bike-Cadel-Evans.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • EKIMIKE wrote:
    Leopard is a Pro-Conti team. Looks like the Pro team is going to be Radioshack-Trek sans Nissan - going from Roulston NZ champs pics.

So is this the Pro Continental team then? Can't see Radioshack on it anywhere.

541734_472496589481702_53401022_n.jpg
  • frenchfighter
    Ekimike, the Cofidis TT bike above is Coppel's. I don't like his position but he is a very good TTer.

coppel_600.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Cannondale kit is very smart. Will stand out in the peleton
  • frenchfighter
    184475_505235836183401_1388007564_n.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest